Maurizio Sarri's Sack Watch | And Now Our Watch Has Ended

mu4c_20le

It would be interesting to be fair - he’d fire up the players again and they’d keep it simple and defend much better.

This Sarri Ballocks doesn’t suit Chelsea.
Was I the only one that thought it looked good on paper? They've always played possession football with hard working forwards, and a target man.

Cloud7

Last throw of the dice, Zappacosta on for Azpilicueta. Giroud and Hudson Odoi on the bench. Like something Mourinho would be at :lol:
To be fair, the fullback for fullback sub is straight out of the LVG playbook. Darmian being subbed on for one of the full backs was probably the most predictable thing under Vangle :lol:

Ekeke

I think its clear he's another one of those managers, like Mourinho, who is so stubborn he'll stick to his own ideas despite them making the team play worse just due to his own ego.

Chelsea need someone else

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
It would be interesting to be fair - he’d fire up the players again and they’d keep it simple and defend much better.

This Sarri Ballocks doesn’t suit Chelsea.
The point of hiring Sarri was to get away from their counter attacking style.

Irwin99

Would be really weird if he got sacked tomorrow and a new boss comes in and has the opportunity of winning a cup final straight away :houllier:

Vadim

The point of hiring Sarri was to get away from their counter attacking style.
Yes I know this. But if you want Sarri then back him with loads of cash to ship out the non technical players and bring in quality.

Sarri isn’t right for this league but this isn’t all on him - that Chelsea squad isn’t very good.

Member 115509

I'd be surprised if he was still at Chelsea next season, a hiding from City on Sunday will probably seal his fate.

AJ10

He brought a defender on for a defender when they were 2 down and had another winger on the bench but its sarriball, so we probably don't understand it yet.

Bloody hell.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I understand why mangers make like for like subs, but bringing on Zappacosta over Giroud/Hudson-Odoi when you're down by 2 to United at home? Stackable offence.

Chelsea gave up after that sub, you could see it in their body language. They were going through the motions till the whistle. Sarri's a stubborn old man who's choosing to take losses rather than change his 'philosophy' which clearly isn't working, whatever the reasons may be. Either Sarriball needs a different set of players or Chelsea need another manager. I don't see this improving in the current circumstances.

If they were more direct with their football today, they might have made a game of it. Trying to keep rotating the possession instead gave us ample time to recover and organise in defense.

Chelsea were also terrible for our goals. For the first goal - Herrera was unmarked, the cross should have been dealt with by the CBs, and Pogba shouldn't have been able to get that cross away so easily. For the second - Rashford should have been closed down better, and no one had marked Pogba, either.

A quick tempo, good crosses of the ball out wide, and midfield runners into the box - a simple recipe to beat Chelsea. No wonder City thumped them so bad. Ole is not the first manager to outsmart Sarri this season, and he won't be the last.

Vadim

I understand why mangers make like for like subs, but bringing on Zappacosta over Giroud/Hudson-Odoi when you're down by 2 to United at home? Stackable offence.

Chelsea gave up after that sub, you could see it in their body language. They were going through the motions till the whistle. Sarri's a stubborn old man who's choosing to take losses rather than change his 'philosophy' which clearly isn't working, whatever the reasons may be. Either Sarriball needs a different set of players or Chelsea need another manager. I don't see this improving in the current circumstances.

If they were more direct with their football today, they might have made a game of it. Trying to keep rotating the possession instead gave us ample time to recover and organise in defense.

Chelsea were also terrible for our goals. For the first goal - Herrera was unmarked, the cross should have been dealt with by the CBs, and Pogba shouldn't have been able to get that cross away so easily. For the second - Rashford should have been closed down better, and no one had marked Pogba, either.

A quick tempo, good crosses of the ball out wide, and midfield runners into the box - a simple recipe to beat Chelsea. No wonder City thumped them so bad. Ole is not the first manager to outsmart Sarri this season, and he won't be the last.
Unfortunately I think he will. Sarri is done, the Stamford Chavs have turned on him.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He wishes he's LVG though, LVG always came through in the big games. Sarri is the BTEC Van Gaal at best

Take Hazard out of the side and its like I'm watching LVGs United.

They're so Van Gaal Utd.

2-0 down, no shots on target 2nd half and he changes the fullbacks. Peak Van Gaal shite.
He wishes he's LVG though, LVG always came through in the big games. Sarri is the BTEC Van Gaal at best
There's me thinking I was being original with my LVG comment .

Minimalist

Yeah while I buy that it's same issue that LVG had (stubbornness, strict methods) - he's not in the same league as Van Gaal objectively.

Van Gaal actually wins things.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeah while I buy that it's same issue that LVG had (stubbornness, strict methods) - he's not in the same league as Van Gaal objectively.

Van Gaal actually wins things.
Yup, LVG is a winner and at his peak he was one of the best managers in the world, if not the best. The guy won everything at many different clubs, to compare him to Sarri is a bit of an insult IMO, even if the football is similar.

KC91

This Chelsea team is no where near the technical level of his Napoli squad, they don’t work hard enough with the ball, or without. If they aren’t going to give him the proper time to implement his system than it would be better for both parties if they parted ways.

Reactions: SteveJ

crossy1686

career ending
I think its clear he's another one of those managers, like Mourinho, who is so stubborn he'll stick to his own ideas despite them making the team play worse just due to his own ego.

Chelsea need someone else
Incredibly dogmatic. To the point it’s counter productive. Everyone can see the issues yet her refuses to change his way of doing things, instead he needs 11 new players.

Not sure when this became popular but it’s fecking shocking management to need a very specific set of staff to make you look good at your job, and wouldn’t be tolerated in any other line of work. I blame Pep for starting this trend.

Hawks2008

The word 'Sarriball' never ceases to make me cringe.

He is too tactically inflexible to be a great manager, another hipster darling who gets hyped up for no reason at all.

haram

The word 'Sarriball' never ceases to make me cringe.

He is too tactically inflexible to be a great manager, another hipster darling who gets hyped up for no reason at all.
The reason he is rated at all is because of what he did with Napoli last season. There is clearly a reason.

Perhaps he is tactically inflexible though.

Kapardin

Yup, LVG is a winner and at his peak he was one of the best managers in the world, if not the best. The guy won everything at many different clubs, to compare him to Sarri is a bit of an insult IMO, even if the football is similar.
The only similarity is the stubbornness, but otherwise nobody is comparing LvG and Sarri.

Man said the first half was a "good performance" (they conceded 2!) and labelled his own team's football "confused" in the second half. Also said he wasn't sure if the players backed him.

I think he is already angling for a pay-off so that he can go to Russia or Ukraine and manage a less stressful club.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I just don't understand why he continues to play Kante out of position. He is a #6, not a #8. It would be like saying "ok Makelele, go create or score some goals". It's mind boggling. The thing is, I get why he wants to play Jorginho. He is a good passer of the ball. But he shouldn't be at the base of the midfield with two guys ahead of him. He needs someone beside him to do the dirty work. And Chelsea has that exact player, but for some reason Sarri continues to play him out of position. And for what? So Kovacic and Barkley can rotate for time on the pitch? Meanwhile Hudson-Odoi, a homegrown product that would really give the home fans a boost is being wasted on the bencfh while he should be rotating on the wings with Willian and Pedro. But what about Hazard you ask? Simple...it's a 4-2-3-1

--------------------------Higuian------------------------
Willian-------------------Hazard------------Hudson-Odoi
----------------Jorginho---------Kante------------------
Alonso---------Luiz------------Rudiger----------Azpelahoweveryouspellit
---------------------------Kepa---------------------------

Schneckerl

Well, considering it's Chelsea... Sarri reached the point of no return already.
Think he is gone in a week.

fallengt

Sarri's worse than LvG even in his worst season. Lois van Gaal with all his stubbornness, he tried different things at United. Sarri is just doing same shit over and over and when he tries things, you get Zappacosta :lol:

Not that I complain, it's good for us. Don't sack him yet.

Robbie Boy

Jesus, his style reminds me so much of the dour stuff we played under LvG. Horrible stuff. All possession and zero substance.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Did someone understand the logic behind the Zappacosta sub ?
No clue. I can't believe he didn't bring Giroud on. He would've been an absolute pain to deal with with us sitting back.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
How did this no-mark journeyman who has never won a thing in his career manage to convince the world that he's some sort of revolutionary manager?