Maurizio Sarri's Sack Watch | And Now Our Watch Has Ended

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Would be odd to sack him now imo. After losing to Man. United in the cup or Carling cup final would've made more sense (think he saved his job by beating Spurs in the league).

I don't see Chelsea winning at Old Trafford or Anfield so 4th is gone for them and need to fully concentrate on Europa just as United did in 2017.

It's a gamble but Hazard is best player left in competition so he could inspire them to winning it perhaps and then they are at least in CL next season.

CM

Sarri must've been counting his lucky stars when the Europa League draw was made. I think that competition is the only thing keeping him in a job at the moment, and that path to the final might be more straightforward than ours in 16/17.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
This is what I'm thinking. Hopefully they don't do their usual Hiddink-to-the-rescue routine, or we could be in real trouble for top 4.
Unless we can get Hiddink in a time machine and bring back the tactical genius from 2009, you would have nothing to worry about if we brought him back.

He's declined as a manager every bit as bad as Mourinho has.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Unless we can get Hiddink in a time machine and bring back the tactical genius from 2009, you would have nothing to worry about if we brought him back.

He's declined as a manager every bit as bad as Mourinho has.
Haven't seen him since he walked out of your place the last time tbf. It's surprising with Chelsea's frequent managerial sackings that there haven't been more caretaker managers. I can only think of him and Rafa.

el3mel

Haven't seen him since he walked out of your place the last time tbf. It's surprising with Chelsea's frequent managerial sackings that there haven't been more caretaker managers. I can only think of him and Rafa.
I just checked on and he's managing the Chinese U21 team!! Unbelievable. :lol:

Surely he's getting loads of money to accept such job.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
This is what I'm thinking. Hopefully they don't do their usual Hiddink-to-the-rescue routine, or we could be in real trouble for top 4.
Cant see them doing anything now and even if they did, Chelsea have a poor team regardless of who's in the dugout

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Sarri must've been counting his lucky stars when the Europa League draw was made. I think that competition is the only thing keeping him in a job at the moment, and that path to the final might be more straightforward than ours in 16/17.
Are Frankfurt really easy to beat? Don't think so.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Grant and RDM were technically caretaker managers in seasons they made CL final.

Think they also had Ray Wilkins in charge for a game the first time Hiddink turned up.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Grant and RDM were technically caretaker managers in seasons they made CL final.

Think they also had Ray Wilkins in charge for a game the first time Hiddink turned up.
Oh yeah, of course. Not sure how I forgot those two. Especially with the Ole comparisons.

Nico87

Are Chelsea intent on going above Fifa's heads with regards to not being allowed to appeal or are they taking the ban on the chin? It's obviously going to make world of difference to their appeal for any potential manager.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
100% lost the fans, can't see him lasting the season after this

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Not sure who they could get. Maybe they could try a Solskjaer type and get a club legend, Lampard, Terry or Hasselbank.
Derby are in a playoff place at the moment, so I can't see Lampard going for it. Villa are also in a playoff spot, but Terry is only an assistant, so maybe?

They've got a real good chance at the Europa, so I think they should stick with Sarri for now.

Morpheus 7

Chelsea fans are awful, singing about Sarri to be sacked for 10 minutes and booing. Then score a goal and it's all support the team. Sing when you're winning, vile fans.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He’ll be gone before their next game
Time to sack him was after losing 6-0 to Man. City or losing to Man. United in the cup. In fairness they then gave a good performance in league cup final and beat Spurs 2-0 so I think that gave him until the end of the season.

I honestly think the time has passed, let him see out the season and the sack will probably come ten minutes after the final league game unless they're in europa final.

Most interesting thing for the Chelsea fans on here is where you actually happy you scored the late goals? Chelsea fans at the ground were calling for him to go all second half so must've been odd atmosphere at the end in there.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Time to sack him was after losing 6-0 to Man. City or losing to Man. United in the cup. In fairness they then gave a good performance in league cup final and beat Spurs 2-0 so I think that gave him until the end of the season.

I honestly think the time has passed, let him see out the season and the sack will probably come ten minutes after the final league game unless they're in europa final.

Most interesting thing for the Chelsea fans on here is where you actually happy you scored the late goals? Chelsea fans at the ground were calling for him to go all second half so must've been odd atmosphere at the end in there.
Of course! I want Sarri to win every game he is in charge of Chelsea. It won't happen but I never want us not to win.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Of course! I want Sarri to win every game he is in charge of Chelsea. It won't happen but I never want us not to win.
Suppose context to my argument is plodding along in this style under Sarri will see you finish 6th and Napoli could well beat you in a one off final. Whereas him sacked now could see a late rally for 4th and/or win europa.

I believe though it's too late to sack him now though. When they sacked Big Phil and AVB it was in the February of those seasons.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Suppose context to my argument is plodding along in this style under Sarri will see you finish 6th and Napoli could well beat you in a one off final. Whereas him sacked now could see a late rally for 4th and/or win europa.

I believe though it's too late to sack him now though. When they sacked Big Phil and AVB it was in the February of those seasons.
Far too late to sack him now. As you said, after the Man City game was the time to do it.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Got super lucky today. I think he'll get the season. First choice system doesn't work, loads of possession but create almost nothing.

Wondering if Giroud will be first choice now. Not working with Higuain.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea fans are awful, singing about Sarri to be sacked for 10 minutes and booing. Then score a goal and it's all support the team. Sing when you're winning, vile fans.
Booing your manager but celebrating because the team you support scored or won, is not the same. It is possible to want your team to win, but still dislike your manager

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Far too late to sack him now. As you said, after the Man City game was the time to do it.
He will be gone in the summer. Clearly a disliked man amongst our support. Definitely the majority anyway