Maurizio Sarri's Sack Watch | And Now Our Watch Has Ended

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Emery isn't playing Ozil.
I feel Sarri has got undue stick for this Kante nonsense. Kante was never a DM for Leicester. He played the dynamic role in a two man midfield next to Drinkwater.
Chelsea need to.make hard choices. If they want to implement Juego de posicion, which is why they brought Sarri in, they should give him the tools. Allow Sarri to bench Kante of he can't play in a three.
But he can play in the three, he’s had a good season. All this kerfuffle is just people saying he’d be better in a different position.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
But he can play in the three, he’s had a good season. All this kerfuffle is just people saying he’d be better in a different position.
Against weaker opposition or when we've played 4 3 3 but sat deeper and let the opposition have the ball it has worked and he's put in some good performances.

When we push up pitch and dominate the ball against good opposition we get crushed every time with Kante in advanced position though. He isn't technically good enough to play this style at the very highest level. He can't play Jorginho position either. He wouldn't get in Barcelona or Madrid team for that reason.

He's world class in a 2 as ball winner, interceptor.

I think Sarri might start Kovacic instead in 4 3 3 against Utd or change to 4 2 3 1 to suit Kante / Hazard.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Seriously though, what was he thinking with that Azpi/Zappacosta substitution?

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Well I was totally wrong. Sarri keeps exactly the same team against City bar Barkley and we've been just as poor. Must be a masachist.

Best half I've seen us play recently was 1st half against Malmo without Kante and Hazard in the team. To me we clearly got worse and subsequently conceded once they came on.

Will Sarri realise change needed or get sacked first I wonder?

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
He'll be gone if they lose this week's final. Can't see them going out to Malmo, losing that would be catastrophic and embrassing, going out of 3 cups in the space of a week ouch. I expect this Chelsea team to have a Guis Hiddink type turnaround by the time we play them at Anfield no doubt though.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He's had it. 2 down and you don't bring on Giroud or Hudson Odoi?

Too stubborn I'm afraid.

Nick7

Oh wow I didn’t know Giroud was on the bench too. Zappacosta sub was absolute madness

mu4c_20le

Give him a new contract :lol: havent had such a good game at the bridge in years

Vadim

I'm done. Get rid.
:lol:

This is everything wrong with your club. Players will always down tools to get the manager sacked, rinse, repeat.

Saying that - it’s won you league titles and that CL in 2012.

But it’s so very Chelsea.

For the record, I didn’t think Sarri would be a good fit for this league. He’s another Van Gaal.

Addled

@duffer do you believe his time is up? Who do you think should replace him? Is this the Zidane show?
I am curious because Utd may well be looking for a manager in a couple of months also (depending on Ed’s mood)

predator

Youth NITK
Never nice seeing a manager fail with as much exposure as they get and the sheer volume of press associated with it. He's like Mourinho though - so stubborn and dogmatic. I don't think he'd listen to any suggestions from within the club apart from zola whereas Ole I bet is so open minded.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
:lol:

This is everything wrong with your club. Players will always down tools to get the manager sacked, rinse, repeat.

Saying that - it’s won you league titles and that CL in 2012.

But it’s so very Chelsea.

For the record, I didn’t think Sarri would be a good fit for this league. He’s another Van Gaal.
Sacking failing managers works. Sarri relentlessly picking the same players, playing the same formation, making the same subs and getting the same shitty results is not working.

If he mixed it up just a bit I would not be half as frustrated.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
It's hilarious how much he seemingly hates the idea of Christensen and CHO playing.

That Zappacosta sub was peak LvG.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Imagine having a world class CDM and leaving him in the #10 as your back 4 gets torn apart by every decent opposition you face. Over. And over again.

Have we ever seen anyone this stubborn?

Minimalist

We gave LVG two seasons despite the complaints. The cnuts may at least give Sarri one.

el3mel

He's the same level of shite as Scolari and AVB.

Awful manager. One of the worst to manage a big club in England.

Can't believe Chelsea actually sacked Conte and paid money for Napoli to get him.

Last edited:

Vadim

Nah, fail to win the cup on Sunday and he's gone.
He’s gone then, City won’t have to get out of second gear on Sunday.

Replacement has to be Leader, Legend, John of Terry MBE :drool:

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Nah, fail to win the cup on Sunday and he's gone.
Who would come in? Zola caretaker?

If he puts same team sheet / tactics again he should be sacked before kick off. No point continuing if he won't change anything. Clearly not working.

Vadim

Yes please!
It would be interesting to be fair - he’d fire up the players again and they’d keep it simple and defend much better.

This Sarri Ballocks doesn’t suit Chelsea.