Maurizio Sarri's Sack Watch | And Now Our Watch Has Ended

Canagel

Quick vertical passing, thrid man runs and players totally in sync with one another.
There's hardly any sideways stuff because the players have been trained to ppay with their minds and be instinctive. What Chelsea is doing is very poor imitation. Theres too much overplaying. Even Hazard as great as he is doesn't suit the style. A lot of players need to be shipped off .

Any type of football -- whether defensive or offensive- needs the right tools to succeed.
If Chelsea thought they could do something without giving the manager the tools to play his football they are very mistaken.

el3mel

Quick vertical passing, thrid man runs and players totally in sync with one another.
There's hardly any sideways stuff because the players have been trained to ppay with their minds and be instinctive. What Chelsea is doing is very poor imitation. Theres too much overplaying. Even Hazard as great as he is doesn't suit the style. A lot of players need to be shipped off .

Any type of football -- whether defensive or offensive- needs the right tools to succeed.
If Chelsea thought they could do something without giving the manager the tools to play his football they are very mistaken.
He hasn't shown anything for Chelsea to actually go with his style of play, actually he showed them why they shouldn't, considering Chelsea won loads with defensive approach most of their recent history and especially with him alienating their second best player and a player who was a key part in winning the title playing certain 2 years ago. The first thing to jump in mind is if Kante was a key in Chelsea winning the league 2 years ago in certain position, why should they support a manager who fecked up their midfield and put Kante in a position he's not good at ? The question will be it's simply Sarri's tactics that's the problem here. He's fecking up their midfield and too stubborn to realize it.

Tiber

Good to see the fans are taking it well

Probably fake, still Funny

Canagel

He hasn't shown anything for Chelsea to actually go with his style of play, actually he showed them why they shouldn't, considering Chelsea won loads with defensive approach most of their recent history and especially with him alienating their second best player and a player who was a key part in winning the title playing certain 2 years ago. The first thing to jump in mind is if Kante was a key in Chelsea winning the league 2 years ago in certain position, why should they support a manager who fecked up their midfield and put Kante in a position he's not good at ? The question will be it's simply Sarri's tactics that's the problem here. He's fecking up their midfield and too stubborn to realize it.
Hes stubborn but it would be worse to change formula that he's already familar with. It will create some doubts in the players minds if they're told to play in certain way and then at the first sign of adversity play in different way. Kante is not in his best position but there's bigger problems than him. Infact I've even seen him demonstrate some skills I didn't think he had like getting into some goalscoring positions etc. All imo

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
They are utter shite, he and them are finished.

el3mel

Hes stubborn but it would be worse to change formula that he's already familar with. It will create some doubts in the players minds if they're told to play in certain way and then at the first sign of adversity play in different way. Kante is not in his best position but there's bigger problems than him. Infact I've even seen him demonstrate some skills I didn't think he had like getting into some goalscoring positions etc. All imo
It won't create doubts in players minds, it'll otherwise show that he's flexible and ready to tweak his formations a little bit to suit the players he has and their abilities. Whatever we talk about this Chelsea side, they're not as bad as losing 0-6 in a big game. Worse Chelsea sides didn't do it.

Disagree. Their biggest problem is by far the midfield gap which becomes nonexistent thanks to Sarri tactics. Jorginho at the back and Kante up field, it simply leaves their defense without any protection and leaves their attack without any support, fecking up the entire pitch for them. There's a big hole in the middle and it's only thanks to Sarri work. Impossible for the defense or the offense to work properly without midfield in between.

As I said the players aren't great but I don't remember seeing Chelsea getting humiliated to these degrees in big matches even in their worse days. It's simply thanks to Sarri tactics. Going with that midfield isn't going to improve any sooner and he'll be sacked if he's not flexible to adapt to the league and shuffle the midfield to what it should be.

Really, he hasn't given Chelsea any reason to support his vision over simply appointing a manager who's going to play each player in his favorite position and just do the basics.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Sarriball isn't the issue for me. His personality or lack there there off will see him lose the dressing room. Here he is questioning Hazard and what not through the media, that's just not going to work for a man with his thin résumé.

Canagel

It won't create doubts in players minds, it'll otherwise show that he's flexible and ready to tweak his formations a little bit to suit the players he has and their abilities. Whatever we talk about this Chelsea side, they're not as bad as losing 0-6 in a big game. Worse Chelsea sides didn't do it.

Disagree. Their biggest problem is by far the midfield gap which becomes nonexistent thanks to Sarri tactics. Jorginho at the back and Kante up field, it simply leaves their defense without any protection and leaves their attack without any support, fecking up the entire pitch for them. There's a big hole in the middle and it's only thanks to Sarri work. Impossible for the defense or the offense to work properly without midfield in between.

As I said the players aren't great but I don't remember seeing Chelsea getting humiliated to these degrees in big matches even in their worse days. It's simply thanks to Sarri tactics. Going with that midfield isn't going to improve any sooner and he'll be sacked if he's not flexible to adapt to the league and shuffle the midfield to what it should be.

Really, he hasn't given Chelsea any reason to support his vision over simply appointing a manager who's going to play each player in his favorite position and just do the basics.
6-0 is bad but it can happen against top team like City. On a good day they can ruthlessly punish teams. Away from the scoreline if you remember Chelsea only lost 1-0 last year at City but it was just as humiliating due to conte's park the bus tactics. They turned up with intention of keeping score down and still lost. Theres nothing worse than this. I'd rather as manager lose 6-0 trying to play my football rather than turn up like coward and just try to stop the other team. Getting beaten like this is no surprise even for City themselves 4-0 at Everton and 4-2 in Leicester. Btw is strange to hear talk of sacking with the club still in 4 competitions But Chelsea is Chelsea still.

The defence is absolutely not good enough to play sarriball. Azpiliceta, alonso and Luiz need to be shipped off asap. Other dross like willian, Pedro, Barkley, kovacic all have to go. How many goals have they scored this season? It's a bit of joke. No goals away from home in 2019.

dove

6-0 is bad but it can happen against top team like City. On a good day they can ruthlessly punish teams. Away from the scoreline if you remember Chelsea only lost 1-0 last year at City but it was just as humiliating due to conte's park the bus tactics. I'd rather as manager lose 6-0 trying to play my football rather than turn up like coward and just try to stop the other team. Getting beaten like this is no surprise even for City themselves 4-0 at Everton and 4-2 in Leicester. Btw is strange to hear talk of sacking with the club still in 4 competitions But Chelsea is Chelsea still.

The defence is absolutely not good enough to play sarriball. Azpiliceta, alonso and Luiz need to be shipped off asap. Other dross like willian, Pedro, Barkley, kovacic all have to go. How many goals have they scored this season? It's a bit of joke. No goals away from home in 2019.
That's why you are not a manager. :lol:

haram

They KNEW Sarri would go in and play Jorginho there. Why the hell do you think they sanctioned the 60 million pound deal?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
If you're style of play isn't working though then you've got to display some level of adaptability. It's hardly their first sign of adversity either - their season has been very stop-start for the most part as a whole after a good first five games or so, and they've now been on the receiving end of a couple of thrashings.

macheda14

It's not really 'first sign' of adversity though. This has been an issue now for a fair few games. Teams know how to hit them, overload Jorginho and they're finished. Even if it was say 'first sign' how many games are you willing to lose until you go, ok now let's fix this?

dove

:lol: even worse if you turned up with the intention of keeping the score down and still end up losing.
Honestly I am not sure why you defend Sarri so much :lol: Very limited and average manager who had like 1 good season during his 20 year managerial career. I wouldn't even say that he overachieved with Napoli, they probably did even worse than they should have done in cup competitions.

el3mel

They KNEW Sarri would go in and play Jorginho there. Why the hell do you think they sanctioned the 60 million pound deal?
They didn't know he's going to play as a solo DMF and putting Kante forward, fecking the entire midfield. At least play with double pivot and let Kante support Jorginho in defense while putting an attacking midfielder or number 10 upfront if he's that stubborn in playing his favorite boy Jorginho as DMF but nope, he's persisting in making the same lineup and fecking up the entire midfield and thus the entire pitch to prove a point.

el3mel

6-0 is bad but it can happen against top team like City. On a good day they can ruthlessly punish teams. Away from the scoreline if you remember Chelsea only lost 1-0 last year at City but it was just as humiliating due to conte's park the bus tactics. They turned up with intention of keeping score down and still lost. Theres nothing worse than this. I'd rather as manager lose 6-0 trying to play my football rather than turn up like coward and just try to stop the other team. Getting beaten like this is no surprise even for City themselves 4-0 at Everton and 4-2 in Leicester. Btw is strange to hear talk of sacking with the club still in 4 competitions But Chelsea is Chelsea still.
There's plenty of issues in this sentence I don't know how you actually went and wrote it, and nope, getting 0-6 in big game isn't something that "happens". Even on their best days in order for City to defeat a big team 6-0 it means the team has loads of issues and is fecked up.

Pretty much all this is a good reason to play with a real pivot supporting the weak defense and put good passers upfront supporting the attack. With Jorginho at the back and Kante, you expose your weak defense even more and isolate your limited attackers even more, basically fecking up the entire pitch. It's a clear tactical problem.

Revaulx

Yeah, the football was dull but I don't remember you being awful during that period, had some big wins for example.

He clearly needed to go and didn't really fit at United, but I don't think he was terrible with hindsight.

Anyway, not the LVG thread, I just found it weird .. I guess it does hurt when you're having to watch awful football every week as a fan and I get that.
It was weird. And made all the more so by contrast with the adoration displayed by many fans for Jose, despite the latter’s reign at United transitioning from ok to underwhelming to utter shite.

Canagel

Honestly I am not sure why you defend Sarri so much :lol: Very limited and average manager who had like 1 good season during his 20 year managerial career. I wouldn't even say that he overachieved with Napoli, they probably did even worse than they should have done in cup competitions.
I really like to watch his football. Plus I found it cool he was a banker and only took up coaching as hobby. Its like an inspiration that you can be whatever you want at any time.
Even now he didnt seem bothered about losing his job at all- doesn't really care what others think. I respect that.

Eric7C

I really like to watch his football. Plus I found it cool he was a banker and only took up coaching as hobby. Its like an inspiration that you can be whatever you want at any time.
Even now he didnt seem bothered about losing his job at all- doesn't really care what others think. I respect that.
I see your argument, but there is a fine line between self-belief and utter delusion. After the game he said that his methods have not failed because the players did not play in his methods. So, every time they lose a game, it will be the players' fault and every time they win, it will be to his credit. Where have we seen that before?

crossy1686

career ending

It's funny how when a managers philosophy isn't working, it's a whole new team he needs to fix it, yet it's actually just bad management in being too dogmatic and not showing enough flexibility to work with what you've got.

Mourinho is another that falls into this bracket.

crossy1686

career ending
He'll be gone before tomorrow's out! That performance was degrading even if it was City on the other end.
Nah, hiring Sarri was always a two season job before they could play his football. I doubt think Abromovich was aware of that though, I guess the players will decide if he stays or goes in the end.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He's a goner.

Jose will go back and do everything in his power to stop United making 4th. A bit like when he was here really.

quethenoo

It's funny how when a managers philosophy isn't working, it's a whole new team he needs to fix it, yet it's actually just bad management in being too dogmatic and not showing enough flexibility to work with what you've got.

Mourinho is another that falls into this bracket.
Yeah I'm coming more round to that way of thinking, too much emphasis on the cult of the single minded manager. Don't get me wrong, I like manager to have a plan but also to be flexible. I think pep is the successful outlier, but even he has had some of the best players and best players that money can buy to work with.

Castia

His midfield is completely fecked and that’s shocking considering his main 3 have been Kante, Jorginho and Kovasic.

They should be able to control games with those 3 but they just don’t seem to have a system that gets the best out of them. Weird.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
This is a nice, classy message from Pep. You just know the media were probably aching for him to say something to stoke this fire and turn it into some kind of narrative. Very well handled by him.
Managers generally stick together. Their job is tough and the only people that can really empathize with them are their peers.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Chelsea is a prime example of how, sometimes, a team needs to cash in on their 'best' player(s) before they sacrifice the control of the team over it.

They've had it before with Terry and that - I recall something recently documented how they have consistently had players who ran the team from the dressing room, and pushed out managers that crossed them. Real have had it for years with players like Ramos. I reckon similar will happen to Emery.

I've said before, Chelsea would (begrudgingly) be a brilliant team if they did a spurs and decided to stop buying in ready-made players and assemble a squad of HG lads who love the badge. The difference being that Chelsea already have a squad full of young HG players that (for the most part) they have already bought, but fail to play. They've done that for years, mind, with a string of players they neglect when young, then buy back or see succeed elsewhere for large fees.

Irony is, however, that there are other teams in the league who are significantly better that the teams Chelsea had to compete against when they opened the chequebook.

marktan

Annoyingly I bet he now changes things up for the FA Cup game against us.