Maurizio Sarri's Sack Watch | And Now Our Watch Has Ended

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
He dedicated the win to Napoli fans?? That is pretty classless....some Chelsea fans booed him but he’s shitting on the lot of them by doing that

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
There will be plenty who say that Lampard would fail and they might be right. He certainly won't be immune to criticism.

Having said that, any Chelsea fan who slates Lampard for giving it a go is a total arsehole who does not support the club in the same way I do. Football without sentiment would be completely uninteresting to me. Not saying I'm better than them (but lets be honest, I am). Same for Man United fans with OGS.
You should post this in one of Solskjaer's thread :D

MagicKarpet

Supports
Tottenham
He dedicated the win to Napoli fans?? That is pretty classless....some Chelsea fans booed him but he’s shitting on the lot of them by doing that
He's won the club a trophy and got them into the CL, nothing classless about that. TBH it's what they deserve anyway, the fans have treated him like shit so I don't blame him, he can walk away with his head held high having achieved his goal and leave them to wallow in their transfer ban and Frank Lampard :lol:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
He also dedicated it to the Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi. It was not a dig, a reporter asked him about his history with Napoli and he answered honestly, he didn't just bring up Napoli fans randomly. Classless would have been to lie.

Handré1990

There will be plenty who say that Lampard would fail and they might be right. He certainly won't be immune to criticism.

Having said that, any Chelsea fan who slates Lampard for giving it a go is a total arsehole who does not support the club in the same way I do. Football without sentiment would be completely uninteresting to me. Not saying I'm better than them (but lets be honest, I am). Same for Man United fans with OGS.
Duffer, you’re a real mensch! Couldn’t agree more. You know, at least, Lampard and Solskjær won’t be throwing dirt at their clubs to look good themselves. Honestly it’s nice to know the guy in charge loves the club like we do, and so it’s easier to give a little leeway, even if we did have a terrible end to the season.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
He also dedicated it to the Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi. It was not a dig, a reporter asked him about his history with Napoli and he answered honestly, he didn't just bring up Napoli fans randomly. Classless would have been to lie.
Ok fair enough. Didn’t see the interview and it seemed a very odd thing to say

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Want him gone. For a moment after we won on Wednesday I thought we should give him another year. Then I went back through our fixtures and soon remembered why he needs to go. For all the praise he's got for our end of season finish these are our last results before the final:

Liverpool 2 - 0 Chelsea
Chelsea 4 - 3 Slavia Praha
Chelsea 2 - 2 Burnley
Manchester United 1 - 1 Chelsea
Eintracht Frankfurt 1 - 1 Chelsea
Chelsea 3 - 0 Watford
Chelsea 1 - 1 Eintracht Frankfurt
Leicester City 0 - 0 Chelsea

Not good enough. The football we played leading up to the final in these games was dreadful to watch too. I haven't seen any evidence we've improved as a team from the start of the season. We played well in the 2nd half of the final but just as much credit needs to be given to Arsenal's famous character. The most surprising thing was that we didn't concede straight after half time like we normally do. I'm not going to begrudge him of winning his first trophy and his reaction was genuinely nice to watch. He set up us right and deservedly should get praise for this game.

Canagel

He doesn’t, but he also doesn’t have to dedicate a trophy win to his old club. Imagine Jose did that? “I dedicate this EL trophy to the Chelsea fans”.

fecking uproar
He got asked about them in the interview. It obviously wasn't meant in a disrespectful way.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Nice way to give Chelsea and its fans, and the London press, a huge middle finger after months of doubts, mockery or even abuse: "3rd place and EL Champions after a meltdown season but now I'm leaving, you ungrateful impatient silly sods!"

Imagine sacking Ole in June 2020 after finishing 2nd and winning the EL league.

Chelsea is even worse than Madrid. They make PSG look virtuous and patient.

Acole9

Outstanding
I think Chelsea have been very disrespectful to him. Not that he probably gives a rats ass if he's off to Juventus who are a better club. I'm sure Chelsea will come out of it alright in the end, they usually do.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
I think Chelsea have been very disrespectful to him. Not that he probably gives a rats ass if he's off to Juventus who are a better club. I'm sure Chelsea will come out of it alright in the end, they usually do.
In what way have they been disrespectful to him?

Halal Jalal

I have nothing against Chelsea as a club, but the "F*ck Sarriball" chant truly exposed (some) of their fans as low class ingrates. Sarri actually had better season than Pep or Klopp in their first PL year but you've never heard "F*ck tiki-taka" or "F*ck gegenpress" at their stadiums. If Sarri truly is off to Juve, I wish him all the best and I'm sure he'll add plenty of trophies to his cabinet before retirement.

Class coach, I'd exchange him for OGS in a heartbeat.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I have nothing against Chelsea as a club, but the "F*ck Sarriball" chant truly exposed (some) of their fans as low class ingrates. Sarri actually had better season than Pep or Klopp in their first PL year but you've never heard "F*ck tiki-taka" or "F*ck gegenpress" at their stadiums. If Sarri truly is off to Juve, I wish him all the best and I'm sure he'll add plenty of trophies to his cabinet before retirement.

Class coach, I'd exchange him for OGS in a heartbeat.
Agreed with everything you said until that last point.

Acole9

Outstanding
In what way have they been disrespectful to him?
Well Kepa did for a start and the rumours have been flying around both cup finals that he be sacked if he didn't win. Just makes you wonder if the club actually put those remarks out there.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
Well Kepa did for a start and the rumours have been flying around both cup finals that he be sacked if he didn't win. Just makes you wonder if the club actually put those remarks out there.
Kepa is just a separate incident and it's been dealt with by the club right after. I doubt we should be holding clubs accountable for every rumour that pops up in a media or the internet and we can't silence every moron chanting some nonsense or booing from the stands, it's all part of the job, something every manager at any given club has to deal with on a regular basis. In that sense Sarri's treatment is no different than any other manager of a top club, it's a high pressure job and he'll just have to accept that.

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
Incredible coach. I hope he goes to a team where he has players actually capable of following his methodology.

Napoli played one of the best versions of 'Positiespel' I've ever seen.

passing-wind

Can't really blame Chelsea, their lackluster treatment is common knowledge.

The Juventus role is a great opportunity, big club big expectations and a better team. It would be idiotic of him to turn the chance down.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Tell you what i find funny about the Sarri Juve links, is the sheer desperation from Juve fans on twitter to find any news hinting it could be Pep.

Not happening at all

KC91

Tell you what i find funny about the Sarri Juve links, is the sheer desperation from Juve fans on twitter to find any news hinting it could be Pep.

Not happening at all
I wouldn’t call it desperation, many insiders are saying Pep is a done deal, whereas the media is running with Sarri as being a done deal.

Welby5

Supports
Chelsea
Can't really blame Chelsea, their lackluster treatment is common knowledge.

The Juventus role is a great opportunity, big club big expectations and a better team. It would be idiotic of him to turn the chance down.
A big club who built a new stadium half the size of the old one, because they could only half fill a big stadium.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I wouldn’t call it desperation, many insiders are saying Pep is a done deal, whereas the media is running with Sarri as being a done deal.
well those insiders are talking out of their arses. I think we all know pep is definitely not going to juve this summer.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
Want him gone. For a moment after we won on Wednesday I thought we should give him another year. Then I went back through our fixtures and soon remembered why he needs to go. For all the praise he's got for our end of season finish these are our last results before the final:

Liverpool 2 - 0 Chelsea
Chelsea 4 - 3 Slavia Praha
Chelsea 2 - 2 Burnley
Manchester United 1 - 1 Chelsea
Eintracht Frankfurt 1 - 1 Chelsea
Chelsea 3 - 0 Watford
Chelsea 1 - 1 Eintracht Frankfurt
Leicester City 0 - 0 Chelsea

Not good enough. The football we played leading up to the final in these games was dreadful to watch too. I haven't seen any evidence we've improved as a team from the start of the season. We played well in the 2nd half of the final but just as much credit needs to be given to Arsenal's famous character. The most surprising thing was that we didn't concede straight after half time like we normally do. I'm not going to begrudge him of winning his first trophy and his reaction was genuinely nice to watch. He set up us right and deservedly should get praise for this game.
You need to think again mate. What were you expecting at the beginning of the season? Sarri has over achieved, no question about it. The results you highlight aren't even that bad apart from the Liverpool one. A 2-0 away defeat to the European champions is hardly sacking material.

Sarri has got the best of Hazard out of any manager yet you say he's not good enough. For a first season he has done well overall. I know we had some seriously bad results mid-season but this stopped.

Seriously mate what were you expecting at the beginning of the season after last year?

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
You need to think again mate. What were you expecting at the beginning of the season? Sarri has over achieved, no question about it. The results you highlight aren't even that bad apart from the Liverpool one. A 2-0 away defeat to the European champions is hardly sacking material.

Sarri has got the best of Hazard out of any manager yet you say he's not good enough. For a first season he has done well overall. I know we had some seriously bad results mid-season but this stopped.

Seriously mate what were you expecting at the beginning of the season after last year?
Plus being the first Chelsea manager in many years to integrate multiple youngsters into the first team.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
Plus being the first Chelsea manager in many years to integrate multiple youngsters into the first team.
Some fans think we should win the Premier & Champions League every year.

I'm more chuffed than a high speed steam train that we finished the season as we did. Some people don't know a good thing when they see one.

Your point about the introduction of young players is very poignant. To do this the season before a transfer ban is perfect timing because it gets some momentum going in the Academy. If young players see the likes of CHO and RLC having success in the first team they may view their chances of doing the same as a little more realistic. For me Ampadu is potentially a first class centre half and a potential leader. He can play a bit more next season. I'm not convinced Mount or Abraham can step up but somebody needs to make a serious decision about the attack. We haven't had a serious centre forward since Costa left. Giroud, Higuaín aren't going to get more than 15 goals and bringing Morata back from Spain seems a bad option. If Sarri stays I suspect he may give Higuaín another season but he apparently quite likes Batshuayi. It really is a difficult call and a part of me would like to see Abraham given a chance. I really wouldn't like to make that decision.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
If Sarri stays I suspect he may give Higuaín another season but he apparently quite likes Batshuayi. It really is a difficult call and a part of me would like to see Abraham given a chance. I really wouldn't like to make that decision.
Hadn't heard that about Sarri liking Bats. It's funny because Pat Nevin absolutely raved about Batshuayi before we signed him, reckoned he was one of the most promising young strikers in the world at the time.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Sarri Is off, we're just haggling about compensation.

Gracia seriously underwhelming replacement if that's what happens.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
The team is in trouble and its with regret that I say we need a change of manager this early into his tenure. I think the squad can perform better with a different approach. He is intransigent in his views and lacks imagination in his selections.
When did you change your mind then? Was it when we got embarrassed at Everton? Or was it when he pulled off a hissy fit on the eve of the final?

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
When did you change your mind then? Was it when we got embarrassed at Everton? Or was it when he pulled off a hissy fit on the eve of the final?
When we got 3rd. Wining the EL was just gravy.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
When we got 3rd. Wining the EL was just gravy.
Apart from 13/14 the style of football we've played has been the worst since the mid nineties. I will be so glad to never have to watch Sarriball again. It was only made barely bearable because Hazard was on the pitch and being his superhuman self. No more 6 nils and like for like substitutions when chasing a game.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Sarri Is off, we're just haggling about compensation.

Gracia seriously underwhelming replacement if that's what happens.
Who's Gracia?

Edit: Oh, you were refering abut the Watford guy? I was trying to figure out which top club manager was Gracia :D

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
Hadn't heard that about Sarri liking Bats. It's funny because Pat Nevin absolutely raved about Batshuayi before we signed him, reckoned he was one of the most promising young strikers in the world at the time.
Batshuayi scored 5 goals in 11 appearances for Palace on loan, 2 of those appearances were as substitute, so his record isn't too bad but not great either. As I say it's a hard call and I don't envy the manager, whoever that may be. Victor Moses went away on long loan spells and came back and did a good job. Maybe it's worth another shot. At least he has premier league experience and is a good age. He can finish but I think he needs it on a plate. I would put his return ahead of a Morata return. I haven't been watching Tammy Abraham at Villa but his stats are good. In 37 appearances in the Championship he scored 25 goals. I can't decide. Maybe both.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
Apart from 13/14 the style of football we've played has been the worst since the mid nineties. I will be so glad to never have to watch Sarriball again. It was only made barely bearable because Hazard was on the pitch and being his superhuman self. No more 6 nils and like for like substitutions when chasing a game.
The 6-0 and the Bournemouth result really hurt. City was so bad I thought the players were trying to tell Sarri that his tactics just don't work. Something was definitely wrong about that time but slowly things improved and we were consistent in the EL. I didn't think we were going to get top 4 and was stunned when we did. We just managed to get a couple of draws when Utd and Arsenal were losing games and scraped in. It wasn't perfect I know but somehow we deserved 3rd. The away draw to Leicester turned out to be a good result against a team who were playing well at the time.

For me Sarri is still trying to instill a new way that is completely different to how we played under Conte and Jose. If Jorge can be a bit more positive in his play I think we can improve further under Sarri but without Hazard, RLC & CHO it's going to be a very difficult start to next season. I don't know where Pulisic fits in. Apparently he is a two footed winger. Maybe he can replace Hazard in his own different way. He doesn't score lot of goals and probably won't get the 21 Hazard got last year.

Of course Sarri may well go. Apparently it's him that's pushing for the leave but you never know with the press and it may just all be complete nonsense.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Batshuayi scored 5 goals in 11 appearances for Palace on loan, 2 of those appearances were as substitute, so his record isn't too bad but not great either. As I say it's a hard call and I don't envy the manager, whoever that may be. Victor Moses went away on long loan spells and came back and did a good job. Maybe it's worth another shot. At least he has premier league experience and is a good age. He can finish but I think he needs it on a plate. I would put his return ahead of a Morata return. I haven't been watching Tammy Abraham at Villa but his stats are good. In 37 appearances in the Championship he scored 25 goals. I can't decide. Maybe both.
I saw lots of Batshuyai at Marseille. Good finisher but so many times he'd receive the ball just outside the box and it would bobble off his shins and dribble to the DM to clear. Seems the same has happened at Chelsea hence him being loaned out.

Having watched Tammy for a season again not convinced his touch will be secure v top 6 and in european competitions which is how Chelsea judge their seasons.

I reckon after Giroud made noises all season of wanting to leave he's been promised significant minutes next season. His hold up play is pretty good after all.