Maurizio Sarri's Sack Watch | And Now Our Watch Has Ended

Infestissumam

Haven't they all been sacked? Bayern just take managers within their league to weaken opposition teams, not to strengthen their own, they sign players for that.
Flick certainly hasn't been and won't be any time soon.

My point was that it's weird to say "what has Pochettino done to get such a job" when several managers with weaker CVs have gotten jobs like that. Heck, even Zidane had jack shit on his managerial CV when he got the Real job in the first place. Pochettino took the Spurs team to the CL final.

Utdstar01

Why on earth did they wait until they got knocked out of the champions league? They've been playing like trash for most of the season.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

My point was that it's weird to say "what has Pochettino done to get such a job" when several managers with weaker CVs have gotten jobs like that. Heck, even Zidane had jack shit on his managerial CV when he got the Real job in the first place. Pochettino took the Spurs team to the CL final.
It's Zidane though, he knew the club and was coaching at youth level, similar to Peps appointment.
Poch, like Sarri before him, has barely done anything to warrant getting such a high profile job, getting to a final isn't the same as winning it!!

Mr Smith

Should never have been hired I feel. The antithesis of Juve as a club.

Going to be very interesting to see who they go for next. They could bring Allegri back, but Poch is also available...

crossy1686

career ending
What did Solskjaer do to land a job at United? If he didn’t play for this club he wouldn’t be here right now.
A damn sight more than Pochettino did to land the job then. Same for Arteta and the same for Lampard. If you leave a positive impact on the people who remain after you leave then it gives people something to think about. You can see people who are good managers before they become managers, Solskjaer obviously impressed the right people.

United58

Apparently Sarri's the oldest manager to ever win the Serie A, at 61?! That sounds a bit mad, there's never been anyone older? You'd have players that old starting week in week out there

crossy1686

career ending

Completely different situations for Zidane, Pep, Solskjaer etc. They worked at the club previously, in managerial roles at lower levels and made an impact on someone important. Pochettino has no attachment to Juventus nor has he demonstrated he could handle the job.

AshRK

Juve is a club with ambition. I respect them because of that. They operate in the way where there is no long term or short term excuses.
Only next season is important. And that is how they evaluate players and coaches. And that is why they win titles and are among favourites in CL every year.
Juve operate in a very comfortable surroundings. Winning the serie a is very much given and yet they have never won the CL. They can poach the best talents so nothing special about that. Sarri shouldn't never have been appointed so that was a stupid move by Juve board. Imagine you have CR7 with you and you are wasting that time appointing sarri.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
What did Solskjaer do to land a job at United? If he didn’t play for this club he wouldn’t be here right now.
He's won more trophies than Sarri and Poch combined!!
Just saying...

AshRK

What the feck has Ole got to with this thread. It's like let us turn every thread into a ole bashing thread.

Darth Revan

Would surely never get out of the San Siro alive for the away game once crowds are allowed back.

I'd like to see Poch there.

Juve need a few additions but you've got a core of De Ligt-Demiral-Bentancur-Rabiot-Dybala you can surely build round for next 3-4 years. Could buy someone like Kane next summer if Ronaldo does one more year.

Starting Higuain in a CL knock out is ridiculous and then you've got the defenders who are legends but are past their best now and injury prone. Alex Sandro and Cuardrado aren't great anymore so need a bit of a rebuild with full backs.
Guardiola: "say no more"

crossy1686

career ending
Maybe true, but one can easily argue that Sarri had not done much either
I'm not saying he had, I always believed that Sarri was a short term appointment for Pep to replace him at some point anyway. Get him in, get the players used to playing a disciplined brand of football and make it easy for Pep to replace him with similar/better ideas.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Or being knocked out after having no break from the restart. Imagine if United had to go straight into European competition after finishing the season. We’d have been toast.
I don't agree at all. They even dominated the game. They were just still Uber sloppy. Should have won 2 nil comfortably with a tad more seriousness. That stems from the manager

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Depends on your run to the final, doesn't it? Sarri still won stuff, Pochettino hasn't and was visibly breaking at the seams the year when Spurs were running Leciester close for the title
You seriously pull trophy argument here while you are at the same time Ole's big defender?

Castia

Great job for Poch this. Real chance to get some trophies on his CV and build a new Juve team for the future.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Juve operate in a very comfortable surroundings. Winning the serie a is very much given and yet they have never won the CL. They can poach the best talents so nothing special about that. Sarri shouldn't never have been appointed so that was a stupid move by Juve board. Imagine you have CR7 with you and you are wasting that time appointing sarri.
Juventus have won 2 CL/European Cup's

crossy1686

career ending
You seriously pull trophy argument here while you are at the same time Ole's big defender?
Ole's still won more than Pochettino though, and arguably a league is harder to win than a knock out trophy. We all know the Europa league isn't great but for teams like Chelsea and United it's not a real challenge until you get to the semi-final. Perhaps a European trophy means more in Europe? I don't know? I stand by my original statement though, Sarri is and was a stop gap for Pep, which would have been next summer if he hadn't fecked it this year.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Depends on your run to the final, doesn't it? Sarri still won stuff, Pochettino hasn't and was visibly breaking at the seams the year when Spurs were running Leciester close for the title
Surely Sarri is the perfect example of the vacuity of this particular argument?

Won nothing with Napoli, then moved to 2 clubs who have a recent history of winning trophies (and big ones at that) and lo and behold, now has a league title and EL to his name.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Would surely never get out of the San Siro alive for the away game once crowds are allowed back.

I'd like to see Poch there.

Juve need a few additions but you've got a core of De Ligt-Demiral-Bentancur-Rabiot-Dybala you can surely build round for next 3-4 years. Could buy someone like Kane next summer if Ronaldo does one more year.

Starting Higuain in a CL knock out is ridiculous and then you've got the defenders who are legends but are past their best now and injury prone. Alex Sandro and Cuardrado aren't great anymore so need a bit of a rebuild with full backs.
They clearly bought Ronaldo to win the CL so I don't expect them to be thinking about a rebuild right now. Pochettino might be attractive to an alternative project but if the choice is immediate success and Ronaldo would expect nothing else, then the manager might be Conte or Allegri.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Ole's still won more than Pochettino though, and arguably a league is harder to win than a knock out trophy. We all know the Europa league isn't great but for teams like Chelsea and United it's not a real challenge until you get to the semi-final. Perhaps a European trophy means more in Europe? I don't know? I stand by my original statement though, Sarri is and was a stop gap for Pep, which would have been next summer if he hadn't fecked it this year.
Maybe we should be hiring the recordholder of Norwegian league titles. Anyway i'm happy with Ole atm, but you won't get a neutral who thinks that Ole has a better managerial CV than Poch. Most football fans barely knew that Ole was a manager before he joined us. I love Michael Laudrup too, one my favourite players of all time and a national hero, but the fact that he won the danish league and a league cup with Swansea means nothing to me really. He was actually being seriously considered to manage Barca before Pep got the job though.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Simone Inzaghi if they can get him or might just give it to Pirlo

Would be very interesting if they go with the latter

crossy1686

career ending
Surely Sarri is the perfect example of the vacuity of this particular argument?

Won nothing with Napoli, then moved to 2 clubs who have a recent history of winning trophies (and big ones at that) and lo and behold, now has a league title and EL to his name.
He is and I agree, I don't really to subscribe to "what has he ever won?". The same was applied to Klopp until he won something also.

I think Pochettino will win something at some point because he'll get a chance at a bigger club with more resources, just like others have. However, Pochettino just doesn't look like he's cut out for run in's and high-pressure moments. He makes bizarre game management decisions and can't seem to handle the pressure that comes with having to win every game at an elite club.

To throw him in at Juventus while having zero experience of a club with these kind of expectations will seem him sacked withing a season or so.

Jezpeza

They clearly bought Ronaldo to win the CL so I don't expect them to be thinking about a rebuild right now. Pochettino might be attractive to an alternative project but if the choice is immediate success and Ronaldo would expect nothing else, then the manager might be Conte or Allegri.
Controversially, apart from de ligt, bentancur, ronaldo and dybala i think they are really quite average. Cant see them winning the CL anytime soon and the other serie a teams are gaining on them

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
If winning the CL was the be all and end all for a Juve manager this year, why did they hire Sarri on the first place?

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Simone Inzaghi if they can get him or might just give it to Pirlo

Would be very interesting if they go with the latter
Pirlo just signed for them to coach the under-23 team, would be absolute madness to hand him the reigns of the first team with absolutely no prior experience. Besides, I think he's smart enough (certainly not a pirla :lol: ) to not take over the team at this stage of transition, he'd do well to wait a year or two and then take over a team refreshed with new recruits.

Traub

Great job for Poch this. Real chance to get some trophies on his CV and build a new Juve team for the future.
They need a solid rebuild IMO. If he goes there, he’ll be the first manager to lose the title in a decade