Maurizio Sarri's Sack Watch | And Now Our Watch Has Ended

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
I don't do trolling mate. A league title won in his first season which should have been enough keep him on for a 2nd year.

Will next years manager also be sacked if they don't win the CL?
A league title with Juve these days is about as impressive as a league title with Celtic. Whoever manages Juve is meant to be challenging in the CL. He didn’t do it and they reckoned he probably wouldn’t be able to do it next season either so he got sacked. That’s my take on it anyway.

Irwin99

If he had led Juve to at least a semi-final in the champions league, would he have kept his job? The criteria for the next manager seems to be; 'winning the league is expected and not even a minimum requirement. You must make good progress in the champions league or else you're gone'

Although I don't agree with sacking league winning managers you have to be fair and say that the Juve have every right to want that champions league above anything else: for such a massive club to only have won two and lost so many finals is pretty bad.

always_hoping

League title isn't an achievement for Juve. This is their 9th league in a row. They have been winning the league every year since 2011, yes.

Also, this comparison is flawed, I'm comparing this season with the previous 4-5 seasons, not to a random year in history. The realty is every year of the last few ones they were winning the league with +90 points and at least 4 points gab with the second spot. This year they only gathered 82 points and 1 point gab, this shows they're going backward, not forward.

You need to realize we're talking about Serie A not Premier League.
Ah yes the Premier league where this seasons champions won its first league title for 30 years with 7 games to spare.
A league title with Juve these days is about as impressive as a league title with Celtic. Whoever manages Juve is meant to be challenging in the CL. He didn’t do it and they reckoned he probably wouldn’t be able to do it next season either so he got sacked. That’s my take on it anyway.
We'll see the view from all people next year if Inter under Conte pip Juve to the league title and they don't challenge in the CL again. Cup competition exits happen just ask this seasons champions of Spain and England.

ReallyUSA

I could win that league with that squad plus they never really ran away with it did they ?
I'll respond to one of you guys. Ny post was to retort the idea that the Kepa situation affected his ability to govern a team. It hasn't and everyone has seemed to move on. That's why I brought up the league win which wasn't easy this year.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
I have an idea, it is bit mean, bit who cares..
All of you With twitter account should start pretedning you are itk's or journalists(not that hard obviously) and write something like #juventus wants #lfc manager klopp for their next boss. So when the "big boys of the press" pick it up, it might unsettel * and their manager, and he leaves, maybe it will work, you never know...

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Sarri should take a year off, and then look for a team who is on the fringe of CL football year in year out, where the pressure isn’t nearly as high as teams like Chelsea or Juve. If he can get a few years of building his squad, and implementing his tactics, then he could surely produce another Napoli.

This was a move Juve had to make though. They can’t mess about when you have 2 more years of Ronaldo. They have some good youth joining the team next season, they need to invest strong whereever else is needed these next 2 summers and push for the CL.
Roma would be a good job for him I think although Fonseca did alright last season. Probably will end up at Inter before too long.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I have an idea, it is bit mean, bit who cares..
All of you With twitter account should start pretedning you are itk's or journalists(not that hard obviously) and write something like #juventus wants #lfc manager klopp for their next boss. So when the "big boys of the press" pick it up, it might unsettel * and their manager, and he leaves, maybe it will work, you never know...
I like this idea, unfortunately I don't have twitter though.

Wayne's World

Such an odd move...why do these clubs insist on bringing ex players back as managers?

Get the best person qualified for the job

crossy1686

career ending
Such an odd move...why do these clubs insist on bringing ex players back as managers?

Perhaps it's because this method works and the method you're suggesting only works for technical jobs like being an engineer or working construction? Companies all over the world do exactly this every day. Culture and management go hand in hand, it's got nothing to do with a CV.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Porto's Conceicao and Roma's Fonseca are being touted as a potential replacements, mostly to appease Ronaldo, even though Pirlo seems to be the frontrunner. He was spotted attending an emergency meeting at the Continassa headquarters earlier today.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
What the hell is this Fabrizio guy? Why is he so reliable and in the know compared to anyone else? It’s mental.

Superunknown

Can't believe they are not asking Pirlo to prove in lower leagues before getting bigger job.
It's a bit mental, isn't it?
I assume they think he'll have the same impact Guardiola did when he took over Barcelona. Who knows, really.

Robbie Boy

Aye Robbie, Sarri-ball was en vogue when he was joining Chelsea. I was expecting some great attacking football but its almost been the complete opposite.
Same here, Ish. I can't profess to being a staunch Napoli fan prior to his Chelsea stint but the reports on here were generally glowing.

Didn't quite transpire like that. Hope you're keeping well btw pal :)

Cloud7

To be fair it’s not gone that bad in a lot of instances has it? Obviously Zidane and Pep are the unequivocal success stories that every club will be hoping for, but even below them, Ole and Lampard have done okay, and Arsenal seem to be happy with the direction that they’re going in. It’s not a bad move really, and it’s not difficult to go your separate ways if it doesn’t work out.

Sometimes giving a shot to the unknown quantity is worth it rather than immediately going with the known quantity.

diarm

A couple of our chefs are big Juve fans and they seem to think Pirlo is going to have Lippi in with him as a sort of mentor.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Porto's Conceicao and Roma's Fonseca are being touted as a potential replacements, mostly to appease Ronaldo, even though Pirlo seems to be the frontrunner. He was spotted attending an emergency meeting at the Continassa headquarters earlier today.
Now with Pirlo and hoping Agnelli cuts off this Portugal / Mendes bond for good. Go full Raiola, instead.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
I think people speculating about any foreign coaches didn't realise that Juve just had ONE foreign coach (Deschamps for a single season) since 1974. ALL other coaches were italians so it was always likely that someone like Pirlo will get the job.

Reactions: van der star

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
I think people speculating about any foreign coaches didn't realise that Juve just had ONE foreign coach (Deschamps for a single season) since 1974. ALL other coaches were italians so it was always likely that someone like Pirlo will get the job.
I bet they’d make an exception for a Guardiola or Klopp.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Boh, Raiola isn't an angel either.
He is onboard since the Nedved saga, though... he moved Kean and got them De Ligt, he also controls Donnarumma and Haaland. Mendes is more of a high-level, too-well-connected, international football mobster.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
I bet they’d make an exception for a Guardiola or Klopp.
Guardiola has at least a connection to Juve so yeah he'd be one of the few foreign candidates that are at least feasible from Juve's side but not like that is relevant atm (Guardiola is going nowhere).
I would have doubts regarding Klopp, there still has never been a german coach in Italy (well technically Völler for 4 games but yeah...) and Klopp himself said he would never coach in a country where he doesn't speak the language because communication is such an important part of his work.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Apparently Juve had their minds set before the second leg against Lyon.

If so, no wonder the team looked as stale as it did.