Maurizio Sarri's Sack Watch | And Now Our Watch Has Ended

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
They’ll probably sell him for a reasonable price if Sarri wants him at Juve

He’s not exactly a fan favourite I don’t think and it lets Kante drop back into his best position.
A sitting DM has never been Kante's best position. The only times he's played that since coming England was Euro 2016 when he got dropped before the quarters and the first six games of Conte's reign where luckily Antonio quickly realised his error.

As for Jorginho, why on earth would we sell him? We can't replace him and he's still the most naturally gifted midfielder we have. The Sarri connection is just a lazy link, not only has he practically confirmed he won't be following him a third time most players who have followed a manager to a second club don't tend to do it a third time - Carvalho, Ferreira, Allen, Thiago, Fellaini prime examples of the top of my head.

I'm fairly certain Jorginho would have signed for us in the knowledge he'd likely outlast Sarri, would have been very naive of him if he didn't

Castia

A sitting DM has never been Kante's best position. The only times he's played that since coming England was Euro 2016 when he got dropped before the quarters and the first six games of Conte's reign where luckily Antonio quickly realised his error.

As for Jorginho, why on earth would we sell him? We can't replace him and he's still the most naturally gifted midfielder we have. The Sarri connection is just a lazy link, not only has he practically confirmed he won't be following him a third time most players who have followed a manager to a second club don't tend to do it a third time - Carvalho, Ferreira, Allen, Thiago, Fellaini prime examples of the top of my head.

I'm fairly certain Jorginho would have signed for us in the knowledge he'd likely outlast Sarri, would have been very naive of him if he didn't

Well Kante plays better without Jorginho in the side, they don’t complement each other very well and I wouldn’t be surprised to see the next manager play just one of them.

Jorginho isn’t exactly a DM either, the words I used was ‘to drop back into his best position’ I.e playing deep rather than being in the attacking third of the pitch.

I know managers change and a player shouldn’t pick a club based on that but he clearly did last summer, he was nailed on for City before Sarri got the Chelsea job and brought him in last minute, clearly Sarri after working with him in Italy was a major factor in his move.

You’re probably right that he won’t be sold and that will be because of the transfer ban and not being able to replace him this summer which is fair enough.

el3mel

Wow. Rubbish comments to say about your former club tbh, even if they're true.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Juventus > Chelsea.

No shame in that. Chelsea is a big club. Juventus a is massive club.

No need to say it though. Oh well.
If he'd said Juve are bigger, much bigger or even massively bigger than Chelsea I'd have had no issue. Saying a club has no history because they're not winning major trophies is childish nonsense, to say that you're either trolling (which is fine from fans) or a moron.

Also a bit rich of Sarri of all people to take the piss about a lack of historic success given his career.

RedFish

If he'd said Juve are bigger, much bigger or even massively bigger than Chelsea I'd have had no issue. Saying a club has no history because they're not winning major trophies is childish nonsense, to say that you're either trolling (which is fine from fans) or a moron.

Also a bit rich of Sarri of all people to take the piss about a lack of historic success given his career.
He's just trolling and maybe a hit bitter? (I didn't follow closely the circumstances by which he left Chelsea). Big clubs, giant clubs are just part of football history, they don't define it. I can't imagine he doesn't appreciate that.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I haven't seen that quote anywhere else and that twitter handle is prone to trolling. I still think Sarri is a wanker and a shite manager regardless.

AshRK

ALthough I could care less about chelsea but these are stupid comments and very unprofessional BY Sarri.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
You got me ;). My favorite chelsea moment was Terry slipping on that rainy day. Captain , Leader, Legend.
JT's pisstake song by United fans is one of my favourite oppo songs. Haven't heard it in years though.

el3mel

I haven't seen that quote anywhere else and that twitter handle is prone to trolling. I still think Sarri is a wanker and a shite manager regardless.
Several Chelsea news Twitter accounts are quoting it.

Though I won't put it past being miss-translated.

el3mel

They're all quoting the original one you posted which is all those fan run Twitter accounts do. No actual news sites are reporting it.

I'm filling this one in the "bullshit" folder until a proper outlet reports it.
I have seen the interview of him with Juve few minutes ago and he did mentioned coming from Chelsea with inferior and recent history to Juve with larger one but he didn't mention numbers though, so either he said it elsewhere or it's miss-translated.

Utdstar01

How badly do Juve have to play for Sarri to lose his job there? Seriously, they have the opportunity of a lifetime in having the best striker in the world in their team whos coming to the end of his career and they've hired a complete bum in Sarri as coach.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
In 2020 you can't be a CL contender with Danilo and Alex Sandro as your starting fullbacks and Ramsey, Rabiot or Matuidi in midfield. They're in a 3 way title race with a team that got knocked out of the CL groups and a team that got knocked out of the Europa League groups... that's their level. Anyone's who's surprised at them losing to Lyon without one shot on target hasn't been following this team. No clue how Sarri can come out game after game and despite them playing like complete crap over and over again still change nothing about the team or the formation. Pretty sure literally anything would be better than what he's been doing.

Anyways, they should get Allegri back, play a back 3 with Chiellini and at least get a solid defense going before they start getting knocked out of competitions. Right now they're shit offensively but Sarri's turned them to crap defensively too.

Utdstar01

In 2020 you can't be a CL contender with Danilo and Alex Sandro as your starting fullbacks and Ramsey, Rabiot or Matuidi in midfield. They're in a 3 way title race with a team that got knocked out of the CL groups and a team that got knocked out of the Europa League groups... that's their level. Anyone's who's surprised at them losing to Lyon without one shot on target hasn't been following this team. No clue how Sarri can come out game after game and despite them playing like complete crap over and over again still change nothing about the team or the formation. Pretty sure literally anything would be better than what he's been doing.

Anyways, they should get Allegri back, play a back 3 with Chiellini and at least get a solid defense going before they start getting knocked out of competitions. Right now they're shit offensively but Sarri's turned them to crap defensively too.
I'm surprised Ronaldo hasn't kicked up a fuss over him as yet...Or has he already?

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Wow. His stock was high on here during his Napoli time whilst we needed a new manager. We dodged one.

WillianOut

Supports
Chelsea
He's a good manager but he is stubborn in his ideas and they take time to come to fruition. At Juve he is obviously having trouble conveying these ideas and some of the players aren't right for him either. The best thing that can happen to him ironically enough is for Ronaldo to go as they play far better as a unit without him. I also think they will sign Jorginho if he stays which will massively help him. He could certainly be more flexible at times, but I actually respect the fact he has his ideas and he is really trying to implement them. One of the things Lampard is getting wrong at Chelsea is the constant chopping and changing of players, formation and system and we are doing poorly partly because of that. Also see exhibit A Unai Emery at Arsenal. Some of you guys saying he was bad at Chelsea also do not have a clue, towards the end of the season we were starting to play really good football consistently and we have already done worse statistically in pretty much every facet this season. Annoys me how much he is disrespected on places like here

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
They look pretty clueless in Serie A too. Sure, they win many games but its Mostly 1-2, 1-0, 1-1 resultat. He’s underperforming with the squad he has.

SAFMUTD

I was truly amazed that Juve took the problem out of Chelsea, I thought well maybe he's a good manager it just didnt worked out in Chelsea. I was wrong he's as shit as it gets.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
How badly do Juve have to play for Sarri to lose his job there? Seriously, they have the opportunity of a lifetime in having the best striker in the world in their team whos coming to the end of his career and they've hired a complete bum in Sarri as coach.
They're still in the Champions League with a good chance of going through at home against Lyon. Aren't they also still topping the Serie A table as well? It's a bit early to expect him to be sacked when they've got a chance to win all the prizes. If they crash out of the CL of course he'll be in trouble.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I have seen this since the beginning of the season. People said “Sarri ball”, give me a break he has had ONE noteworthy season his whole career which is why he got his last two gigs and even then he massively chocked in the final games of that Napoli season.

His teams simply don’t defend and there is no attacking identity. All they do is spam crosses into the box, his lineups make no Sense and the defense has no shape. When you have a guy like Ronaldo it hides a lot of stuff and keeps your job safe because he saves you like he most likely will In the second leg.

They downgraded from allergy big time.

Bang average coach.

Utdstar01

They're still in the Champions League with a good chance of going through at home against Lyon. Aren't they also still topping the Serie A table as well? It's a bit early to expect him to be sacked when they've got a chance to win all the prizes. If they crash out of the CL of course he'll be in trouble.
When aren't they topping Serie A?! It's not really a massive deal for Juve anymore. They're far from convincing across all formats of competition at the moment.

wrepdrep

Supports
AC Milan
One word - fraud.
I would gladly take this "fraud" to my Milan, even though I also rate our current coach, Pioli.
Sarri joined Juve at the wrong time. There's no room for passengers and soloists like Cristiano or Hazard in his tactical plan. I'm sure Klopp would also find it very difficult to deal with those type of players. It doesn't make him a fraud. Conte also had to make sacrifices for Hazard and was pushed out of the lazy bums of the club for his "boring", "annoying", "exhausting" methods. Even then, Hazard's best seasons were under the two Italians.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
When aren't they topping Serie A?! It's not really a massive deal for Juve anymore. They're far from convincing across all formats of competition at the moment.
Klopp was nearly out of the CL last season. The point is that he'll be under huge pressure once they're out. Given that they can still qualify, he deserves a chance to turn it around.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If they are out at first round, I think he will be gone. But it also depends whether they can retain Serie A champion or not. His football has been quite unconvincing so far.