Mauro Arambarri

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Just looked on fbref, he’s in the bottom 1% for passes completed over the past year Compared to other midfielders in the the top 5 leagues :lol:
Who needs to pass when you can run around a lot and tackle?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Just looked on fbref, he’s in the bottom 1% for passes completed over the past year Compared to other midfielders in the the top 5 leagues :lol:
If he’s actually trying to create stuff he’d still be no more of a hinderance than McT to our overall game. I like these kinds of signings but I feel this one is reaching. He could be the type of player Leicester go for and make everyone else look like they were sleeping on the job but he doesn’t look like he’s ready for Utd.

Ekeke

Who needs to pass when you can run around a lot and tackle?
Doesnt do that either

Certainly doesnt look like a midfielder I'd want to play instead of Garner. Looks like another legs man who can press like Fred, but can also have a shot and score a few

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Very mid tier for all defensive stats and a shit passer is what his breakdown looks like. Going purely off the numbers looks like absolutely not a good signing and doesn't make sense as a target for us, given we need a better defensive midfielder for one of the 2 (and someone taller), and then a progressive passer for the other position there. This guy doesn't really do any of that.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Doesnt do that either

Certainly doesnt look like a midfielder I'd want to play instead of Garner. Looks like another legs man who can press like Fred, but can also have a shot and score a few
So essentially he's a bench player. Great.

To be honest enquiring doesn't mean anything. This Jonathan Shrager has said we've enquired over a few people before and nothing has come of it, so we shall see.

As you say though, give the minutes to Jimmy.

bosnian_red

If he’s actually trying to create stuff he’d still be no more of a hinderance than McT to our overall game. I like these kinds of signings but I feel this one is reaching. He could be the type of player Leicester go for and make everyone else look like they were sleeping on the job but he doesn’t look like he’s ready for Utd.
Mctominay is statistically both a better passer and more creative/progressive passer. And better defensively apart from pressing.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Enquiring about him is still a concern. Someone at United clearly thinks he's not a bad option for us.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Out of this guy, Soumaré and Zakaria - who is better ? Any regular watchers?

bosnian_red

Out of this guy, Soumaré and Zakaria - who is better ? Any regular watchers?
Looking at the numbers - This guy looks like an all rounder who isn't that good at anything - average defensively, small, shit and not a creative or progressive passer. Zakaria is pretty good defensively and a safe passer (not progressive or creative) but a good dribbler.

Soumare is a very good passer, high progression stats but not as involved defensively (though not awful). You'd likely want to pair him with someone like Rice or in Leicesters case, Ndidi. So he can be a deeper playmaker, but you still need the defensive mid.

For United, we need both the playmaker and the defensive mid. Soumare, looking at the numbers, will be an excellent signing for Leicester and probably would've done well here. Bennacer is another who I think would do really well as the #8 role in midfield. Kind of like Partey who's biggest problem has been fitness for Arsenal. Barella would probably be one of the best options for us there. We would still need a defensive midfielder like Rice next to them though.

Fred statistically isn't actually that bad. Where he falls is when you watch him, you know he can't pass mid-long range at all, and he's prone to brain farts, and he's too short/weak. If he was physically bigger (like 5-6 inches bigger) he'd probably be fine as our defensive mid. But as it is he can't be the guy there, and his on the ball passing isn't enough to be more.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

There are some good strikes here, but Garner can do that too
That makes me believe that the rumour is just that. No substance.

Probably his connections angling for a move to a higher level club than Getafe

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Looking at the numbers - This guy looks like an all rounder who isn't that good at anything - average defensively, small, shit and not a creative or progressive passer. Zakaria is pretty good defensively and a safe passer (not progressive or creative) but a good dribbler.

Soumare is a very good passer, high progression stats but not as involved defensively (though not awful). You'd likely want to pair him with someone like Rice or in Leicesters case, Ndidi. So he can be a deeper playmaker, but you still need the defensive mid.

For United, we need both the playmaker and the defensive mid. Soumare, looking at the numbers, will be an excellent signing for Leicester and probably would've done well here. Bennacer is another who I think would do really well as the #8 role in midfield. Kind of like Partey who's biggest problem has been fitness for Arsenal. Barella would probably be one of the best options for us there. We would still need a defensive midfielder like Rice next to them though.

Fred statistically isn't actually that bad. Where he falls is when you watch him, you know he can't pass mid-long range at all, and he's prone to brain farts, and he's too short/weak. If he was physically bigger (like 5-6 inches bigger) he'd probably be fine as our defensive mid. But as it is he can't be the guy there, and his on the ball passing isn't enough to be more.
The last paragraph just underlines that Fred is average to poor in a whole variety of positions.
Honest player as Keano said but not a patch on the type to lift us to the level of City

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Thanks mate. Soumare would be a decent signing I guess. Not sure why are we letting Leicester having a free run.

Bondi77

Are we going to be paying the Utd tax (25-50%) on top of what he is worth?

croadyman

Does anybody know what this guy's positional sense is like just out of interest

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
To be fair. That depends on team’s playing style too. None of Getafe players have above 80% passing accuracy and the highest one is 79.4% and he is in 4th rank in that aspect, two above him are not even regular starter as they both had less than 10 starting XI appearances. So he’s been playing in a team that doesn’t care about possession and playing lot of long balls too.

Dong Fangzhuo

His stats/scouting reports read like he's basically Fred with worse passing and a better shot. Hard pass if so.

Mylock

I can't see this transfer happening; I hope to God we don't move for him.
I'd rather that we don't purchase anyone instead of buying players not up to the required standard. We have done enough of spending good money after bad over the last ten years.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Strange target, if we end up placing bid on him. We should just give Garner a chance if the option is signing this guy in my opinion.

croadyman

Strange target, if we end up placing bid on him. We should just give Garner a chance if the option is signing this guy in my opinion.
Yeah would totally agree that we should give Garner a go than sign this guy and I know that sounds ungrateful

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Different styles of player. He is much more b2b akin to both Fred and Mctominay.
But that’s the point. It makes this signing very strange since he is similar to Fred and doesn’t cover McFred’s weakness while Garner could offer something more different style and different aspects than what Fred & McT can offer.

croadyman

But that’s the point. It makes no sense to sign this guy who is more of Fred while Garner could offer something different than what Fred & McT can offer.
Yeah maybe Garner can provide some quality on the ball but still sign a DM to provide that solidity

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Yeah maybe Garner can provide some quality on the ball but still sign a DM to provide that solidity
I don’t think the necessary additional has to be a DM since we play double pivot not 433. I think we should focus on a player who can play in our system of double pivot but also cover McFred‘s weakness to improve the midfield. Arambarri doesn’t look like a player is going to cover their weakness.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He looks the combative type and if purchased would mean we will spend the rest of the money on a CB and inside forward possibly, whether that's Sancho or Kamaldeen remains to be seen. Or maybe both, because according to very reliable De Telegraaf journo Mike Verweij, United have offered more money than Ajax for Kamaldeen which has thrown a spanner in the works for the Dutch club. So that likely means we're trying to secure the transfer of the young Ghanaian because Verweij is super reliable for Ajax.

But if we do end up signing Arambarri, then i'm gonna assume Solskjaer will bring both Garner and Mejbri into the first team fold to provide creativity.

Mylock

I would put signing a world-class DM ahead of any other position in the transfer window. This role holds the whole team together, we have to trying to sign the like of Rice, Ndidi, Bosummo not some guy who can run around and is cheap. Either get a world-class DM or bring back Garner.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We need midfielders who are gifted passers and great on the ball. Don't see the reason for these links

Devil may care

Hopefully there's nothing in this, we don't need another midfield dog soldier with limited ability on the ball.

Rilz

Supports
Manchester united
Don't know him, but if it's true passing is not his strengh I don't see how he would be an upgrade on Fred.

Fred is atleast one of the best in terms of pressing and stamina, so what will this kid add over that if he can't pass?

We need to stop fannying around and find a passer who's half decent at tackling instead of a tackler who's half decent at passing..

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Never seen this lad play, don't know anything about him, Statman Dave makes him sound good:

Zlatattack

Whoever this guy is, has a good agent - that's it.

He's drumming up interest for his client using our name.