Max Aarons

Mibabalou

53', 93', 94', 99', 90+1', 90+3', 26', 34'
If he is anything more than 15 I dont see the point.

There must be somewhere on earth either an attacking fullback or better would be just to stick some winger at RB when we need attacking options.

If our scouts are so good there must be someone like either above who is more attack minded for 5 million.

If were spending 20+ Id rather we just put that money towards the RBL cbs who are so good or the elite RW weve needed for 10 years.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If he is as bad as Dalot in defending, why exactly are we going after this guy? Rather Keep Dalot.

Idxomer

Get him in.

We need a different option to AWB, that much is obvious.

crossy1686

career ending
I wanted us to sign him last summer when they went down. Great at getting forward and super fast, not sure what his end product is like though. Let's also remember Bayern bid for him last year but Norwich wouldn't sell, so he has admirers outside of United.

Obiorahking_

never watched him defend. Tbh I’d rather get a proper experienced RB to compete w/ AWB and let Laird earn his stripes as well

bond19821982

Because he's better than him. Stop trying to make Dalot happen.
Better than Dalot is a nothing statement. The point is we don't need another potential player. We need a player who can come in and immediately improve us.

Aarons isn't that player.

Kag

Better than Dalot is a nothing statement. The point is we don't need another potential player. We need a player who can come in and immediately improve us.

Aarons isn't that player.
In an attacking sense, Aarons would improve us. Your issue is that you clearly don’t rate Wan-Bissaka even though it is clear that Ole is a huge fan of what he brings to the table (and rightly so).

Kag

This would be a clever signing, just like Telles has been a clever signing. Wan-Bissaka needs the competition and cover in the same way that Shaw was crying out for it.

We need an attacking right back who can offer us something more in the forward areas and Aarons was very good at this last season.

Dinghy

We definitely need a new RB, but Max Aarons is not at the level we should be looking at. Don't even think he's much better than Wiliams from what I've seen.

bond19821982

In an attacking sense, Aarons would improve us. Your issue is that you clearly don’t rate Wan-Bissaka even though it is clear that Ole is a huge fan of what he brings to the table (and rightly so).
Yes, I dont rate AWB but the point is not who I rate. I'm glad, we are looking for a different option at right back but it should be someone who can come in and do the job immediately.

Aarons could be great in attacking but if he is bad in defending, we could end up in exact same position as now and then think, he will improve over period of time.

Someone like Tripper would have made lot of sense. Shame, its not going to happen.

Kag

Yes, I dont rate AWB but the point is not who I rate. I'm glad, we are looking for a different option at right back but it should be someone who can come in and do the job immediately.

Aarons could be great in attacking but if he is bad in defending, we could end up in exact same position as now and then think, he will improve over period of time.

Someone like Tripper would have made lot of sense. Shame, its not going to happen.
I don’t expect we will buy Aarons if we think he is bad at defending. If we buy him it’s because we believe that he absolutely can come in and do a job straight away.

dal

Really Really weird, unless it’s for sub £15 million then I don’t get it.

We have Laird, Williams, AWB. Bailly and Tuanzebe can also play there.

I know Ole was unselfish when building our squad but we probably did spend too much on our defence and were trigger happy but it was necessary at the time to build the base of a team.

The starting right back in my eyes needs to be able to attack and defend well, you don’t necessarily buy two, one who can attack and one who can defend. I think our coaches may think AWB may not be up to the task.

I can understand Telles as Shaw is constantly injured and Ole doesn’t trust Williams.

Ole and the clubs transfer strategy has impressed me but I do feel defensive signings could be managed better and there’s a lot of room for improvement here

bond19821982

I don’t expect we will buy Aarons if we think he is bad at defending. If we buy him it’s because we believe that he absolutely can come in and do a job straight away.
Fair point !

saivet

If we can get him for under £20m I'd like this signing. AWB needs competition and unlike Shaw I think we need long term competition as I'm not convinced AWB will even be starting for us in a few years.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Would provide good competition and be a different type to AWB. All for it if we can get him for a reasonable fee.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Williams, AWB clearly not good enough. I like the look of this guy, let’s get him in.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Like Telles on the left, he’d be a different kind of option. Would be smart squad building.
Agreed. Having 4 legitimately good full backs really would represent how far we've come as a squad.

I saw some Norwich fans saying they have 0 need to sell though, so unless it's a big bid then a transfer looks unlikely.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

I know Ole was unselfish when building our squad but we probably did spend too much on our defence and were trigger happy but it was necessary at the time to build the base of a team.

The starting right back in my eyes needs to be able to attack and defend well, you don’t necessarily buy two, one who can attack and one who can defend. I think our coaches may think AWB may not be up to the task.

I can understand Telles as Shaw is constantly injured and Ole doesn’t trust Williams.

Ole and the clubs transfer strategy has impressed me but I do feel defensive signings could be managed better and there’s a lot of room for improvement here
Like you said, I don't think Solskjaer rates Williams and we really should be past the point of having to slot in Tuanzebe, Fosu-Mensah or Bailly there.

Tapori

Go on then, let's add him to the muppet list.
Solid young attacking Full-back with PL experience and Telles esque option.
Crosses of his are like?
What of Brandon though?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

Why would you want 4 attacking fullbacks in your team, 2 attacking fullbacks and 2 defensive ones seems much more an organised and well balanced thing to have in your squad.

To the people who then say oh well tuenzebe can play RB - he cant to me, the deflected own goal he did is the type of thing that wan Bissaka would kick out or be at the end of the line for because that's how reactive to a situation he can be as a fullback there.

Consider all the tactical situations you may need an attacking full back on one side and a defensive one on the other.

Ole absolutely knows what he is doing more than alot of us. He is brilliant and I'm not jumping the gun here, there is a reason he is flexible with his tactics because he is quite good at understanding it too.

ThemanGiggsy

we have way too many rb options right now with AWB, Williams, and Axel and TFM can play there as well. also, have Laird who needs to stay fit. didnt we just buy a young rb from Barca or Real as well?

GledTheRed

Agreed. Having 4 legitimately good full backs really would represent how far we've come as a squad.

I saw some Norwich fans saying they have 0 need to sell though, so unless it's a big bid then a transfer looks unlikely.
We're Man United, we do thing in the market other clubs can only dream about.

So pipe down little old Norwich cos Ed is coming.

NoPace

I wanted us to sign him last summer when they went down. Great at getting forward and super fast, not sure what his end product is like though. Let's also remember Bayern bid for him last year but Norwich wouldn't sell, so he has admirers outside of United.
Barca were rumoured to, he might have been their backup option to Dest?

I don't think he's ready yet, but he had 6 assists in the Champo as an 18 year old and was the Young Player of the Year and in the team of the season, which is very impressive, and then he wasn't bad last season in the Prem at 19 (him and Godfrey looked like the 2 Prem quality defenders and the rest nowhere near up to it) so it makes sense we see him as a starting quality Prem RB as he hits his early 20s.

Eye test wise last year, I thought Lewis was 2-footed and a bit faster over long distances but Aarons was the better prospect in every other metric.

Weirdly, the FIFA or PES guys (don't remember which) think he's already a top 20 RB. England has great depth at RB so it does make sense. If he's gonna cost double what Trippier costs in fee and half in wages it seems like you'd go with the 20 year old and not the 30 year old.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
An interesting one thrown onto the agenda....
I remember when we signed AWB, there were rumours that Aarons was also being eyed as another option.

If we do happen to sign Aarons this time around, not sure what that says about Williams, and also, seems a bit odd that we are apparently offering TFM a new deal...

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We could hopefully cover his fee by selling Williams and TFM.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I hope we get this done in January if possible. He was my first choice a few years ago before we signed AWB and if Solskjaer is to realise his vision of seeing us play a high-line and press high then signing someone with the profile of Aarons will be very helpful.

dev1l

I hope we get this done in January if possible. He was my first choice a few years ago before we signed AWB and if Solskjaer is to realise his vision of seeing us play a high-line and press high then signing someone with the profile of Aarons will be very helpful.
Highly unlikely that Norwich will sell in January

kirk buttercup

I think this would be amazing . AWB could be more suited to a Part of a back 3 where he is not expected to go forward. He is a good defender just awful going forward