Max Aarons

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Highly unlikely that Norwich will sell in January
It's highly likely the player may push for the move to United which will likely make Norwich relent. This would be a dream move for Aarons.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
we have way too many rb options right now with AWB, Williams, and Axel and TFM can play there as well. also, have Laird who needs to stay fit. didnt we just buy a young rb from Barca or Real as well?
Axel and TFM are centre backs and not good enough going forward.

williams seems to be going on loan or just not fancied by soskjaer. AWB can’t be playing a whole season by himself again, he needs help.

we are man united we shouldn’t be relying on people out of position.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
we have way too many rb options right now with AWB, Williams, and Axel and TFM can play there as well. also, have Laird who needs to stay fit. didnt we just buy a young rb from Barca or Real as well?
Apart from Wan-Bissaka, none of them are up to much at full back. Also, Jurado is 16.

zenith

Why do we need him again, when we have Dalot on loan to Milan. Just call him back

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Why do we need him again, when we have Dalot on loan to Milan. Just call him back
Because he’s clearly not good enough, and not a part of the managers plan?

Okey

Dalot and TFM contracts are up next summer. The rumours of extending TFM are quite concerning. Both are simply not good enough for us and should be allowed to go forge careers elsewhere. Max Aarons in the PL last season showed enough to suggest this would be a good signing if the fee is reasonable. Good balance in both full back positions. Much needed for a good squad.

hubbuh

If we could get him for around £20/25m this is a no-brainer. Having a threat from right back would completely change the way we approach games, and would give the opposition something else to think about. It's too easy to mark Greenwood out of the game as he has absolutely nobody flanking him and is too easy to predict as a result. Big shame Laird hasn't been able to do this himself, though.

croadyman

If he is anything more than 15 I dont see the point.

There must be somewhere on earth either an attacking fullback or better would be just to stick some winger at RB when we need attacking options.

If our scouts are so good there must be someone like either above who is more attack minded for 5 million.

If were spending 20+ Id rather we just put that money towards the RBL cbs who are so good or the elite RW weve needed for 10 years.
Would agree with you if we could guarantee getting Konate which looks pretty unlikely with Upamecano already leaving

GledTheRed

Dalot and TFM contracts are up next summer. The rumours of extending TFM are quite concerning. Both are simply not good enough for us and should be allowed to go forge careers elsewhere. Max Aarons in the PL last season showed enough to suggest this would be a good signing if the fee is reasonable. Good balance in both full back positions. Much needed for a good squad.
Dalot signed for Premier League club Manchester United on 6 June 2018 on a five-year contract for a fee of £19 million.[9] He made his debut on 19 September 2018 in an away UEFA Champions League group stage match against Swiss side Young Boys.[10] On 26 January 2020, he scored the second goal in a 6–0 FA Cup win against Tranmere Rovers; it was his first goal for United.[11]

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If we get him at a decent price then why not. Id rather give Laird a chance and Dalot another chance next season.
Laird's problem is he injuries himself getting out of bed.

Dante

Average bang
We bought Dalot for £20m two seasons ago at a point when he'd played only 408 minutes of senior league football. Given the inflation in prices, that's closer to £25m in today's money.

Meanwhile, Aarons has clocked in over 8000 minutes of senior league football, including 3240 minutes of Premier League game time when he played 36 out of 38 games.

Given that Aaron is much better acclimatised to Premier League football and has proven himself to be less injury prone than Dalot, I would think anything up to £35m for Max would represent better than value than what we overpaid for Diego. Hopefully we can negotiate to under £30m.

Also, Aarons is a much bigger talent. Which helps.

croadyman

We bought Dalot for £20m two seasons ago at a point when he'd played only 408 minutes of senior league football. Given the inflation in prices, that's closer to £25m in today's money.

Meanwhile, Aarons has clocked in over 8000 minutes of senior league football, including 3240 minutes of Premier League game time when he played 36 out of 38 games.

Given that Aaron is much better acclimatised to Premier League football and has proven himself to be less injury prone than Dalot, I would think anything up to £35m for Max would represent better than value than what we overpaid for Diego. Hopefully we can negotiate to under £30m.

Also, Aarons is a much bigger talent. Which helps.
Yeah that is a huge gulf in experience

Okey

Dalot signed for Premier League club Manchester United on 6 June 2018 on a five-year contract for a fee of £19 million.[9] He made his debut on 19 September 2018 in an away UEFA Champions League group stage match against Swiss side Young Boys.[10] On 26 January 2020, he scored the second goal in a 6–0 FA Cup win against Tranmere Rovers; it was his first goal for United.[11]
Ah. My bad. That's just sad. He needs to be moved on yesterday. No chance we get what we bought him for. Cut your losses and move on. If United were any good at doing so.

Bondi77

Where is the credible source here?
The only thing I can see that is decent was interest from Barca a little while ago.

Red & White

I think he‘d be a great addition and give us a slightly different dimension like we currently have on the left side with Shaw and Telles.

Bondi77

I think this would be amazing . AWB could be more suited to a Part of a back 3 where he is not expected to go forward. He is a good defender just awful going forward
His positional awareness and his passing is not great either, he is good at tackling and he is quick and they are the only two things he is good at really.

Mainoldo

Yea, we just play connect 4 in training.
Calm down.... there’s not much grooming done these days. But to make you feel better if he went City he would get the same treatment. Happy now!!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Calm down.... there’s not much grooming done these days. But to make you feel better if he went City he would get the same treatment. Happy now!!
It just irks me how this United forum just seems to be a space for continuous United put downs that’s all. It seems people here go out of their way to throw shots more than they do to celebrate anything about the club thats all. Everything is ‘we should do x, but of course we’re so incompetent’ or something of that ilk and it’s rinse and repeat. We’re the butt of every joke and people spend more time trying to correct others who praise out good players than the opposite, more so than I find outside of this forum.

So yes, I’m ‘happy now’ that I’ve said my piece on the matter!

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Hopefully it’s true. He needs a lot of coaching though. We don’t do much of that these days.
Imagine being 3 points off top with a game in hand and being poorly coached :lol:
Numb nuts.

davidmichael

If we bring in Aarons could we move AWB inside to play centre back ? We’ve also got Laird and Williams so could have them two plus Aarons at right back and AWB as that pacey centre back we need alongside Maguire.

AWB could still play right back in tough sway games when a defensive full back is needed as well, has AWB played as a centre back before ? I have something in my mind telling me he did as part of a three man centre back pairing but I’m not certain.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Lewis always looked a lot better on the other flank whenever I watched Norwich

Brightonian

It just irks me how this United forum just seems to be a space for continuous United put downs that’s all. It seems people here go out of their way to throw shots more than they do to celebrate anything about the club thats all. Everything is ‘we should do x, but of course we’re so incompetent’ or something of that ilk and it’s rinse and repeat. We’re the butt of every joke and people spend more time trying to correct others who praise out good players than the opposite, more so than I find outside of this forum.

All of this. I've almost stopped coming here because it's a constant doom-fest during what I am actually otherwise finding a very positive time to be a United supporter.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
All of this. I've almost stopped coming here because it's a constant doom-fest during what I am actually otherwise finding a very positive time to be a United supporter.
Indeed. I took a 6 week break recently which was mainly induced by the state of this place at the end of the summer transfer window. I’ve been on this forum in one capacity or another for about 16 years and the collective strop on deadline day was, to me, an all time low.

I’m with you, I’m enjoying the ride at the moment, and want to come on here to share that joy, but bizarrely, despite this being a United forum - it often seems I’m in the wrong place for that!

Mainoldo

Well apologies for what you have witnessed. I really don’t see it that way. They will always be positive and negatives. I hate when people continue to make jokes of our board. But because of non popular opinion.. it’s the minority that sound out the bull... my opinion..... is just based on what we have witnessed. He’s a great attacker but he’s defensive capabilities will mean he will spend a lot of time on the bench in this current set up. It’s not negative it’s just the truth.