Max Taylor

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Great moment and achievement for him personally.

How big a talent is he btw?
Can not see him getting more than a couple of games at United, he was pretty poor especially with the ball before he became ill. I'd say that League 1/Championship will be his level and I truly hope he'll have a long and healthy career in the Football League.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Can not see him getting more than a couple of games at United, he was pretty poor especially with the ball before he became ill. I'd say that League 1/Championship will be his level and I truly hope he'll have a long and healthy career in the Football League.
Players development is erratic, so because he wasn't terrific a year or so ago doesn't mean he can't improve and learn. Most of this group will probably not progress with United, bit some will. Whose to say who those players will be.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Players development is erratic, so because he wasn't terrific a year or so ago doesn't mean he can't improve and learn. Most of this group will probably not progress with United, bit some will. Whose to say who those players will be.
Just judging based on what I’ve seen. Decent in the air but very limited technically especially when pressed. Prone to mistakes. Can’t see him ”making it” in PL, but of course you never know. As you said most of even an extremely talented crop of young talents will not become United players and I’m pretty confident Taylor will leave after a couple of years in the U23s. When we offered him a pro deal a couple of years ago I was very surprised, but now I’m happy that we’ve backed him through a horrible phase of his life. I truly like that about our club (also letting some ex-players keep up their fitness by training with us) but there comes a time when both parties will agree that the best place for him to continue his career is elsewhere.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Just judging based on what I’ve seen. Decent in the air but very limited technically especially when pressed. Prone to mistakes. Can’t see him ”making it” in PL, but of course you never know. As you said most of even an extremely talented crop of young talents will not become United players and I’m pretty confident Taylor will leave after a couple of years in the U23s. When we offered him a pro deal a couple of years ago I was very surprised, but now I’m happy that we’ve backed him through a horrible phase of his life. I truly like that about our club (also letting some ex-players keep up their fitness by training with us) but there comes a time when both parties will agree that the best place for him to continue his career is elsewhere.
True, you can only judge on what you see with your own eyes. We've been surprised by McTominay's rise, and also the demise of Januzaj and Morrison, apparently odds on to both be stars with United. Playing senior football is the big leveller, so whose to say that Greenwood, Gomes and Garner won't make it at OT, or Bernard and Mellor will? What intrigues me is the journey that these academy players are on, and to see them progress and make the transition into fully fledged premiership stars. It's nice that a club like United can support players and ex players like they do, it makes me feel proud that certain standards are still maintained.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Watch the interview between Joe Thompson (a cancer survivor, United academy graduate) and Max on MUTV. It was very honest, heartfelt and insightful on his personal growth since.
The interview is worth the month's subscription. This is the sort of thing that MUTV does that makes it worthwhile.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Great moment and achievement for him personally.

How big a talent is he btw?
I’m not sure he is and by all accounts he may not even start but I believe he will get some minutes to make the night memorable.

Something that he will cherish for the rest of his life.