McFred is the worst midfield 2 of the PL’s top 10 teams

RashyForPM

The likes of KdB-Gundogan, Kovacic-Kante, Ndidi-Tielemans isn’t even a debate, but I genuinely would rather have the likes of Rice-Soucek or Xhaka-Partey in our midfield than McFred. They make us lose so much attacking impetus for the benefit of slightly more defensive stability.

I rate both players individually (I started the Fred was value for money thread!), but they are frankly shit together. Their limitations on the ball stifle us so much in our build up play.

We desperately need a new midfield 2 this summer if we are to challenge for the title next season. Pogba and a new DM.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Seems like the perfect thread for me to vent in after the game, thanks @RashyForPM

hobbers

As a pairing they're miles away from being good enough to get anywhere near league titles or deep into the CL knockout stages. Still better than Arsenal's I think.

But when it comes to "all-action" high work rate players, Ndidi Soucek and Rice are all streets ahead of them.

SemiPro

They do the job defensively and yes they aren’t the most fluid/forward thinking pair but worst midfield pair of the top 10 teams? Bit reactionary.

Reactions: Rood

Ace

Thank goodness we kept Fred on the pitch now that we’re chasing a goal...

AFC NimbleThumb

You mean the Bruno who doesnt play in a midfield 2 or the Pogba who has been in out of the team all season?
Newcastle Away
West Ham Away
PSG Away

Just 3 games, not including tonight where he’s done more than McFred have offered all season but carry on thinking the duo are adequate.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Newcastle Away
West Ham Away
PSG Away

Just 3 games, not including tonight where he’s done more than McFred have offered all season but carry on thinking the duo are adequate.

This was a reply to another post mate, at no point have I criticised Pogba, it was part of another discussion which you may have missed.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Instead of derailing the thread, why don’t you explain why? Is there no reason, so you need to resort to talking tripe?
Started well before my entrance unfortunately.

spiriticon

McFred are great in the Premier League, however their technical deficiencies are really highlighted in Europe

M Bison

Supports
York City
So the midfield 2 is the whole team?
Nope, but i'm fairly sure you'd need a reasonable midfield to be up there, i'd say its a fairly good barometer for a team's standard. Maybe you're right though and we should consider a straight-swap for another midfield, given that its the worst CM pairing of the top 10 teams in the PL. Perhaps we'd be closer to City playing with Villa or Everton's CM.

KD6-3.7

McFred are great in the Premier League, however their technical deficiencies are really highlighted in Europe
I wouldn‘t say they are great. Whenever we face deep blocks we shouldn’t even be playing them together in my opinion.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Since when do De Bruyne and Gundogen play as a midfield 2?