Mcfredinay

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Easily our most balanced, best CM pairing.

They compliment each other really well, almost mirroring each other on both sides of the pitch.

If we can get Pogba back to top form playing the 10 in front of them with the front 3, we’d be a really good team.

bondsname

This is one area Ole absolutely all credit for. Pulling of a midfield with Fred and Scott seemed impossible a few months ago.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Fred seems to be growing each week. Maybe there is a player in there somewhere.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
This is one area Ole absolutely all credit for. Pulling of a midfield with Fred and Scott seemed impossible a few months ago.
I want to agree dude but he’s not had much choice has he.

Fair play though to Fred for keeping his head down and working through some real troubles to put in a performance like that. Let’s hope it carries on and his price could yet prove to be justified.

some really nice touches and passes from him today. His confidence will grow after today.

AneRu

Would love to see them with Pogba ahead of them. Pogba's vision with James' pace on the break will be deadly.

Crashoutcassius

Honestly we have been better in the last 7 games than we have been in a long while, it should be hard for pogba to get back into the team, especially if form continues

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It’s a solid base. I think if we want to return to the real top level, it will need to be improved in time though.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Ole wanted energy and it was quite an easy choice tbh, especially with Pog injured.

It's Fred or Matić... no genius required, but credit to him that he made them work together, but let's just wait full season and see how can they be consistent throughout multiple competitions.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Honestly we have been better in the last 7 games than we have been in a long while, it should be hard for pogba to get back into the team, especially if form continues
I think he should come back in immediately. We've been much better of late, but creativity against teams who play deep is still a huge concern. There's no one who has nailed down that #10 role, so bringing in our most talented player should be a no-brainer.

Kag

No it shouldn’t. He’s the best player at the club by an absolute mile and we’re still playing shite like Pereira, Lingard and Mata at #10.

I’d play him with one leg and a blindfold.

Crashoutcassius

No it shouldn’t. He’s the best player at the club by an absolute mile and we’re still playing shite like Pereira, Lingard and Mata at #10.

You don't have to play him with 1 leg or a blindfold, just when he is playing worse than fred a d mctominay

Obviously we could play him 10, would have to accept that he might not really run

Hip Hop

Stop pretending that Pogba will struggle to find a role in that team. Even with one foot we need him to be even better.

Adam-Utd

Honestly, pereira is an honest guy but he just doesn’t quite have “it” for me.

he’s a good squad player but for a 10 he doesn’t get enough assists/goals.

today was probably the best I’ve seen him in terms of goal action tbf. He just can’t do what pogba does when playing his best.

as long as he works hard (which he will have to) he is our best outfield player.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I've always thought Pogba is better suited to the 10 role anyway. He fancies himself as the CM that makes things tick while never giving the ball away but he ain't that. He's better at clever passes and charging into the box.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
How? Fred cost £50m and Mctominay has won our best youth players award(not sure if that was the name of the award). These aren’t average players. Fred and Mctominay was great as well last season in the honeymoon period especially against psg and the games around that time. Ole deserve credit for not turning them shite though.

He'sRaldo

It's good Pogba's been out for a while, as the team has been forced to find other ways of creating chances outside of him.

Fred and Martial are stepping up in that sense, so when Pogba comes back he won't be the only source of creativity.

Last edited:

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Just seems to obvious that Pogba should be playing ahead of these two instead of in place of one of them.

RyRy11

Fred will have a stinker in one of the upcoming games and everyone will go back to hating him.

Alemar

Why? Pereira is average, with Lingard and Mata being worse. Pogba is a no-brainer currently in this position, with McTominay and Fred behind him.

starman

Given what happened to Mctominay, you can interpret it as hindsight, but i do wish Ole took one of them off 10 minutes before the end and gave Garner somemore minutes. Given how thin our midfield is Fred and McT are arguably our most important players right now

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
My favorite thing about Fred, is that he always plays his heart out, even if he's struggled at times on the pitch, but its never for lack of effort.

The coaching staff gave him time off in the middle of pre-season to go home and get married, something Fred expressed extreme gratitude for and promised to repay the gesture. It looks like he's starting to fulfill that promise.

I'll admit that I've been a little hot and cold on Fred, souring and getting excited about him with changing intervalls, but I think we're starting to see the player we bought now. This game was phenomenal, even better than his PSG showing. He's small of stature but today he played like he was 7 feet tall

You see tendencies from Fred where he gets crafty shots off that have just been almost's so far, but the technique and skill is definitely there. Very much deserved a goal today.

Crashoutcassius

Why? Pereira is average, with Lingard and Mata being worse. Pogba is a no-brainer currently in this position, with McTominay and Fred behind him.
I guess we will see if he can play 10. No guarantee he won't make us worse though, the major thing Pereira has brought us huge energy and defensive quality

Crashoutcassius

Honestly, pereira is an honest guy but he just doesn’t quite have “it” for me.

he’s a good squad player but for a 10 he doesn’t get enough assists/goals.

today was probably the best I’ve seen him in terms of goal action tbf. He just can’t do what pogba does when playing his best.

as long as he works hard (which he will have to) he is our best outfield player.
Huge huge if, he hasn't for 70 or 80pc of games over nearly a full season

Obviously if he works hard then play him at 10, but he has shown nothing to say he can

Adam-Utd

Huge huge if, he hasn't for 70 or 80pc of games over nearly a full season

Obviously if he works hard then play him at 10, but he has shown nothing to say he can
Well that’s not true, pogba isn’t lazy but he is prone to switching off and not tracking runners.

having him further forward will take that worry away but give us his strengths.

Last edited:

Ollie Derbyshire

Pogba as the 10 is a no brainer, Pereira on the bench with Garner as replacements would be a good set of midfielders for now.

No point having a hard working 10, we need creativity to really start to turn the team around and Pogba could be ideal for this and has to be given a run of games.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It is a rock-solid foundation for Pogba to play in front of. I can't wait for Pogba to keep Perreira/Mata/Lingard out of the team.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Yup, been obvious seen last season though. Pogba’s way before as an advanced midfielder/number 10.

Can’t wait for McFredba.
Yeah it's been obvious for ages. You either play Pogba to his strengths or don't play him...but the no10 type role is where we seem to be missing something atm so it makes no sense not to try him there

BaneIsPain

We need pogba asap because Pereira/Lingard/Mata as no 10 doesn’t sound promising for whole season. McFredba is something I’d order for lunch

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I want to agree dude but he’s not had much choice has he.

Fair play though to Fred for keeping his head down and working through some real troubles to put in a performance like that. Let’s hope it carries on and his price could yet prove to be justified.

some really nice touches and passes from him today. His confidence will grow after today.
You work with what you've got and I think Ole definitely deserves credit if these two gets us through the season in a positive manner. You can tell from the way they move and play together that it comes from training and is not just about luck in finding a pair that works, imo. Hopefully they'll keep this up. Think they really depend on our attackers ability to impose themselves too, we're going to see our lack creativity if not. I think if the attackers do impose themselves like they did against Brighton, it's clear that Fred and McTominay has enough ability to run around and cause havoc to pretty much anyone.

Scholsey2004

I think we've seen some of the potential of this group of players today. Lots of young hungry players who'll get better and more consistent over time. The squad is still very thin on the ground in areas though and we'll struggle if McTominay is out for a while. He's been terrific.

Scholsey2004

Can't wait to get Pogba back as the 10.

It'll also improve our conversion rate.
Hopefully our creative output goes up once he steps back in. We created good chances today but there are plenty of games where there's a lack of ideas up front.

tenpoless

Sounds like a new McDonald menu to me. Burger with special tomsauce and beef grilled on brazilian charcoal, very delicious and tenacious, buy buy buy.

SaintMuppet

He plays like he has one leg and a blindfold most of the time!