McGrathsipan has heard that Gerrard has been sacked by Rangers (Rumour)

EdinburghDevil

Rangers have been poor since the winter break for the 2nd season in a row.

He's been slating his players in recent weeks.

They had a lot of ground to make up on Celtic when he took over and I do think they have closed the gap, but it's looking like another trophy less season for them.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Looking at the table, they are closer to Celtic than they are to the third placed team. Might as well give him another season and hope for some shrewd purchases/loan signings from Liverpool and see if they can get one over.

redshaw

Thought he was doing a good job unless there's some falling out.

Would seem to be Rangers loss but perhaps they can stay in touch with Celtic now? He's brought them back but is the demands he sets too much for players and staff and he's hard to deal with?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I found this while searching google:

Steven Gerrard has been sacked by Rangers FC after a poor opening to the season that has seen The Gers collect only a single point. The Liverpool legend had only been in charge for one game, but the board have moved swiftly after a gap opened up between Rangers and bitter Glasgow rivals Celtic.

Disappointed
“Obviously I’m disappointed,” Gerrard told Soccer on Sunday. “Ideally I’d have liked another game, but the results weren’t there. The players, the coaching staff, all the people behind the scenes — they’ve all let me down terribly. I wish them well, even though hanging’s too good for them.”
“There’s still plenty of positives,” said the former England captain. “Obviously it wasn’t safe to bring Alex and the girls to a place like Scotland, so I’m looking forward to seeing my family again. It’s well documented that there isn’t internet or phones in Scotland, so we’ve only been able to communicate once or twice by telegram. Last telegram I received said ‘CHIP PAN ON FIRE’, so I’m hoping that my family is alive. That would be a bonus.”
“I’d like to thank the Rangers fans,” added Gerrard. “But I can’t. They’ve been awful. Whether it’s the pidgin English, the drooling, or the way they undress you with their eyes, they just give me the heebie-jeebies. It’s like a zombie apocalypse up here. Could the government be doing more to warn people about going to Scotland? That’s not for me to say.”

@SteveJ @DavidDeSchmikes

Which one of you wrote this?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

Steven Gerrard has been sacked by Rangers FC after a poor opening to the season that has seen The Gers collect only a single point. The Liverpool legend had only been in charge for one game, but the board have moved swiftly after a gap opened up between Rangers and bitter Glasgow rivals Celtic.

Disappointed
“Obviously I’m disappointed,” Gerrard told Soccer on Sunday. “Ideally I’d have liked another game, but the results weren’t there. The players, the coaching staff, all the people behind the scenes — they’ve all let me down terribly. I wish them well, even though hanging’s too good for them.”
“There’s still plenty of positives,” said the former England captain. “Obviously it wasn’t safe to bring Alex and the girls to a place like Scotland, so I’m looking forward to seeing my family again. It’s well documented that there isn’t internet or phones in Scotland, so we’ve only been able to communicate once or twice by telegram. Last telegram I received said ‘CHIP PAN ON FIRE’, so I’m hoping that my family is alive. That would be a bonus.”
“I’d like to thank the Rangers fans,” added Gerrard. “But I can’t. They’ve been awful. Whether it’s the pidgin English, the drooling, or the way they undress you with their eyes, they just give me the heebie-jeebies. It’s like a zombie apocalypse up here. Could the government be doing more to warn people about going to Scotland? That’s not for me to say.”

@SteveJ @DavidDeSchmikes

:lol:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Disappointed

@SteveJ @DavidDeSchmikes

:lol: My money is on @Stephenj

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

Disappointed

@SteveJ @DavidDeSchmikes

Brilliant :lol:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Incredible, but true:

Liverpool rule out Gerrard homecoming to pick up PL medal

Liverpool chief executive Peter Moore has dismissed suggestions that the club could bring Steven Gerrard back to Anfield so that he can pick up a Premier League winners’ medal.

Gerrard experienced a couple of near misses as he failed to win a Premier League title at Liverpool during his long and distinguished career.

Jurgen Klopp’s men are closing in on the Premier League title this season as they have built up an impressive 22-point lead at the summit.

And some Liverpool fans have called for the club to bring Gerrard back so that he can claim a Premier League medal but Moore has rejected the possibility of the Rangers boss returning to Anfield in the short term.

“Let me explain what would have to happen,” Moore told Soccer Laduma.

“So the question is, ‘can we bring Steven Gerrard back to get a Premier League medal?’ and the question I ask you is: which player do you want to cut from the squad to make that happen?

“If you haven’t noticed, he’s the employee of a different football club at the same time as well.

“Look, we all love Stevie G and we’re all very proud of him for his managerial career, but I keep seeing this ‘bring him in on a five-day contract so he can win a medal’ [but] it just doesn’t happen that way.

“Chemistry in a dressing room is important. Can you imagine that? That you have to cut a player, to say ‘you’re not going to get a medal’?

“It’s not like they’re handing these things out to everybody, you’ve got a squad, right? And thirdly, you can’t add a player to a squad once it’s locked. Other than that, it’s really possible.”

https://www.football365.com/news/li..._Related_Articles_Unit&utm_campaign=Benchmark

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Disappointed

@SteveJ @DavidDeSchmikes

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I asked my sauces and they’re all still playing ketchup

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Incredible, but true:

Liverpool rule out Gerrard homecoming to pick up PL medal

Liverpool chief executive Peter Moore has dismissed suggestions that the club could bring Steven Gerrard back to Anfield so that he can pick up a Premier League winners’ medal.

Gerrard experienced a couple of near misses as he failed to win a Premier League title at Liverpool during his long and distinguished career.

Jurgen Klopp’s men are closing in on the Premier League title this season as they have built up an impressive 22-point lead at the summit.

And some Liverpool fans have called for the club to bring Gerrard back so that he can claim a Premier League medal but Moore has rejected the possibility of the Rangers boss returning to Anfield in the short term.

“Let me explain what would have to happen,” Moore told Soccer Laduma.

“So the question is, ‘can we bring Steven Gerrard back to get a Premier League medal?’ and the question I ask you is: which player do you want to cut from the squad to make that happen?

“If you haven’t noticed, he’s the employee of a different football club at the same time as well.

“Look, we all love Stevie G and we’re all very proud of him for his managerial career, but I keep seeing this ‘bring him in on a five-day contract so he can win a medal’ [but] it just doesn’t happen that way.

“Chemistry in a dressing room is important. Can you imagine that? That you have to cut a player, to say ‘you’re not going to get a medal’?

“It’s not like they’re handing these things out to everybody, you’ve got a squad, right? And thirdly, you can’t add a player to a squad once it’s locked. Other than that, it’s really possible.”

https://www.football365.com/news/li..._Related_Articles_Unit&utm_campaign=Benchmark
You wrote this one as well, didn't you?

You're relentless.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea

Disappointed

@SteveJ @DavidDeSchmikes

:lol: :lol:

Tel074

They're about where they should be. I mean, they're 8 points off the top if they win their game in hand and they've still to play Celtic at Ibrox. Celtic looked dodgy as hell past few games as well. Not to mention they got a brilliant result in Europa League.

Really ? They have out spent Celtic and are still a million miles away in terms of closing any gap . On the flip side to your argument if if they don't win their game in hand and Celtic beat them then they could end the season 15 or more points behind they are out of both domestic cups .
Any manager could go to Rangers and finish 2nd and not win a trophy . Gerrard has been average but because of who he is the English press would have us believe he is doing a great job

DavidDeSchmikes

Phil Thompson apparently claimed that he knew Steven Gerrard was destined to be Liverpool manager from the day he rejected Chelsea in 2005
After necking a bottle of Lucozade he proclaimed, standing on the Soccer Saturday table.

Paisley crawled, so Dalglish could walk, Dalglish walked, so Hodgson could try, so Klopp could run, Klopp runs so Gerrard can fly

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Gerrard has been average but because of who he is the English press would have us believe he is doing a great job
Example:
Football365 said:
All is not lost. Pressure has undeniably increased on the 39-year-old but he has still done a fine job. Rangers are 14 points behind last season’s total, with ten games remaining.

DavidDeSchmikes

Disappointed

@SteveJ @DavidDeSchmikes

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Rangers have been poor since the winter break for the 2nd season in a row.

He's been slating his players in recent weeks.

They had a lot of ground to make up on Celtic when he took over and I do think they have closed the gap, but it's looking like another trophy less season for them.
It's his goto whenever they have a bad result. He just throws the players under the bus then mentions at the end 'maybe I've got to assess myself too' etc. Has been rumours in recent weeks he's lost the dressing rooms. I think a lot of fans would have been fine with him going if they lost to Braga.

Blatzo

Asked my Glasgow source about this. He just offered me very reasonably priced heroin

arthurka

Can't wait for him to manage Liverpool.. That will be epic entertainment.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
@Gio will know the truth
You get these WhatsApp wildfire rumours every few weeks up here. Usually absolute nonsense. This time Kevin Thomson was supposed to be taking over but he's already been on Twitter to shoot it down.

It's been a weird season. Best team in the country before the winter break. Not just in the league but the League Cup Final was hilariously one-sided and Gerrard could not legislate for the truckload of missed chances. Yet we haven't looked like scoring since. Mostly because key players have fallen out of form - Morelos, Kent and Tavernier, while the centre-halves have gone to shit. But also because we're more about controlling games, rather than outscoring teams. I'm a little concerned about Gerrard's ability to win us a league title as his tactics are better suited to tough Old Firm and European opposition where we have done really well, but less suited to running over the top of teams in the Scottish Premiership. Since the winter break Celtic have become better flat-track bullies than us and have been able to call upon a better bench bolstered by a higher wage budget and those are the two differences between the sides.

TheReligion

Abusive
You get these WhatsApp wildfire rumours every few weeks up here. Usually absolute nonsense. This time Kevin Thomson was supposed to be taking over but he's already been on Twitter to shoot it down.

It's been a weird season. Best team in the country before the winter break. Not just in the league but the League Cup Final was hilariously one-sided and Gerrard could not legislate for the truckload of missed chances. Yet we haven't looked like scoring since. Mostly because key players have fallen out of form - Morelos, Kent and Tavernier, while the centre-halves have gone to shit. But also because we're more about controlling games, rather than outscoring teams. I'm a little concerned about Gerrard's ability to win us a league title as his tactics are better suited to tough Old Firm and European opposition where we have done really well, but less suited to running over the top of teams in the Scottish Premiership. Since the winter break Celtic have become better flat-track bullies than us and have been able to call upon a better bench bolstered by a higher wage budget and those are the two differences between the sides.
Do you not think that Gerrard will develop and add this to his game? It's something a number of less experienced managers seem to be able to do, give the bigger games a good go but struggle with the regular so called easy fixtures.