McGrathsipan has heard that Gerrard has been sacked by Rangers (Rumour)

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
You get these WhatsApp wildfire rumours every few weeks up here. Usually absolute nonsense. This time Kevin Thomson was supposed to be taking over but he's already been on Twitter to shoot it down.

It's been a weird season. Best team in the country before the winter break. Not just in the league but the League Cup Final was hilariously one-sided and Gerrard could not legislate for the truckload of missed chances. Yet we haven't looked like scoring since. Mostly because key players have fallen out of form - Morelos, Kent and Tavernier, while the centre-halves have gone to shit. But also because we're more about controlling games, rather than outscoring teams. I'm a little concerned about Gerrard's ability to win us a league title as his tactics are better suited to tough Old Firm and European opposition where we have done really well, but less suited to running over the top of teams in the Scottish Premiership. Since the winter break Celtic have become better flat-track bullies than us and have been able to call upon a better bench bolstered by a higher wage budget and those are the two differences between the sides.
That was a terrible result Saturday wasn't it mate. Beaten by Hearts twice at Tynecastle is not good enough but your'e right, seem far more able to play well In Europe and against Celtic than the run of the mill teams in Scotland.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I've talked to Stevie's brother slash sister slash landlord, Wolfgang Gerrard, and he/she claims this is all fake news.

That said, Wolfie's a bit of an idiot - thinks The Magic Flute was composed by Phil Collins, and has shown on several occasions that he/she doesn't really understand what "fake news" means.

poleglass red

He's been showing his inexperience in recent weeks domestically. Been throwing players under the bus publicly, some might see it as him being real but certain things need to kept behind closed doors. He fecked up big time with Morelos in cup defeat to Hearts. He dropped him for being late returning from seeing his sick mother. Defoe was injured, it's all fine and well showing your players whose boss if you have able replacements but they don't and looked toothless up front in that game. Their league campaign since start of this yr has been awful, they've done well in europe in fairness to them, but the league campaign is their bread and butter esp as Celtic close in on 9 in a row

Josh 76

He's been showing his inexperience in recent weeks domestically. Been throwing players under the bus publicly, some might see it as him being real but certain things need to kept behind closed doors. He fecked up big time with Morelos in cup defeat to Hearts. He dropped him for being late returning from seeing his sick mother. Defoe was injured, it's all fine and well showing your players whose boss if you have able replacements but they don't and looked toothless up front in that game. Their league campaign since start of this yr has been awful, they've done well in europe in fairness to them, but the league campaign is their bread and butter esp as Celtic close in on 9 in a row
His celebrations after beating Celtic was the beginning of the end.

Fussball13251

Bullcrap he's through to the last 16 of the Europa. He'd only leave if Liverpool came calling. He chose Scotland for Europe.
Rangers have only lost 3 in 29 games in Europe under Gerrard. In Europe they've got that defy the odds presence about them. Bayer Leverkusen aren't guaranteed to knock them out. I can see another upset.

Last edited:

Tel074

So because he is 14 points better off than last season he's doing a good job is this your point ?
If so isn't it a pity Celtic are still a mile clear haha .
He has spent a fortune for Scottish football and he hasn't done anything apart from finish 2nd in a two horse race and fail in all cups ..

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
So because he is 14 points better off than last season he's doing a good job is this your point ?
It isn't my opinion - it's a quote from a football website.

SteveJ

Scout
It's the thought that counts.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I'm reading it as MC Fakenewsipan.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Rangers beat Ibrox by Hamilton whilst Celtic rescue a point at Livingston in the 91st minute.

stubie

I’d say it’s inevitable, probably by the time Leverkusen put them out of Europe

DVG7

The fans applauded in the 8th minute to show support for Gerrard.

Cliche Guevara

I think he’ll resign. He won’t want to be associated with this kind of failure and might see his reputation as a manager increasingly tainted.

He seems to have lost it a bit recently.

Good enough for him.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Mcfakenewsispan my hole. Nostradamus more like. I believed you, Mcgrathispan. You keep that crystal ball going. Fair play.

SteveJ

Scout
Gerrard threatens to stay at Rangers:

'Gerrard said: “When I sign up for something I stay loyal and true to that. I won’t shirk or hide from any win, loss or draw.

I will continue to push and do everything I can from my side to achieve my own personal goals, but more importantly to make these fans happy.

I’ll never quit. I’ll never shirk a challenge or run away when I sign up for something. I’ll fight as hard as I can for as long as I can.

“If that situation changes for other people and other people take that away from me, that’s a different scenario totally.

“However, as far as my staff and I are concerned our sleeves are rolled up further than they were before and we’ll continue to push.

I still believe we are closer than some of the opinion out there believes, but I also believe these players need some help and support.

Everyone from top to bottom of the club needs to continue to push to support that and be as hungry as each other to get there. And we will.”

Gerrard retains the full support of the Ibrox board and directors have reiterated their faith in his abilities in a series of discussions and phone calls since Saturday night.

He added: “I have had a lot of calls since the weekend and the support has been incredible - for me, the players and my staff. There has been nothing about my individual future or future plans.

“It will be interesting to see the reaction of the players. Between now and the end of the season we need to learn who is on board and who is prepared to fight and grind and push together."'

(Sources: Daily Record, The Scotsman)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No no no, he needs to stay, be "Moderately" successful by Scottish league standards, then take over when Klopp goes.

Then utterly Souness them up.
Getting sacked at Rangers is not in the plans!