Music Meatloaf has passed away

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Really sad to hear this today - I always really loved Paradise by the Dashboard Light and enjoyed a ton of his other songs too. Always seemed like a cool guy too.

Revaulx

Sorry if this comes across as party pooping, but bear in mind that he was a singing actor; all the songs and arrangements, as well as the Meatloaf character, were the creations of Jim Steinman, who died last year.

Brophs

The One and Only
Sorry if this comes across as party pooping, but bear in mind that he was a singing actor; all the songs and arrangements, as well as the Meatloaf character, were the creations of Jim Steinman, who died last year.
WHAT??? JIM STEINMAN IS DEAD? AND THIS IS HOW YOU BREAK THE NEWS TO ME?

djembatheking

A bit like Elvis then.

Rooney24

Party Pooping? Hes dead. It doesnt get worse than that :lol:

led_scholes

Not really.

Elvis was very much Elvis before the Evil Corporate Bastards got to him.

Edit: more like The Monkees, or Alvin Stardust.
Like most of the singers anyway. At least meatloaf didnt use auto tune.

Bury Red

Backs Fergie, Yells Giggs!
Not really.

Elvis was very much Elvis before the Evil Corporate Bastards got to him.

Edit: more like The Monkees, or Alvin Stardust.
I'd say more like the Elton John to Steinman's Bernie Taupin, Meatloaf had a unique voice and singing talent that Steinman used to create great music.

Revaulx

I'd say more like the Elton John to Steinman's Bernie Taupin, Meatloaf had a unique voice and singing talent that Steinman used to create great music.
Oh don’t get me wrong Meatloaf was fab.

Steinman was great with Bonnie Tyler too. Holding Out For A Hero out-Meatloafs Meatloaf :)

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Sad news, another lifelong familiar face gone. Not really ever been a huge fan of his music but no denying he was a great showman and had some monster tracks and a monster set of pipes!

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Bat out of Hell was one of those albums everyone had no matter what music your were in to. Rumours was another.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I remember a few saying he didn’t look at all well when he appeared on TV recently

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Bat out of Hell II was one of my most played CDs ever...but I hid it in my Ten case so my friends wouldn't see it.

Seemed a top dude til all the GOP rallies :(

Bury Red

Backs Fergie, Yells Giggs!
Bat out of Hell was one of those albums everyone had no matter what music your were in to. Rumours was another.
Got to refute that Wibbs, had Bat Out of Hell but never had Rumours. I really can't abide later Fleetwood Mac, mainly due to Mick, loved some of the Peter Green stuff but hated the later drippy MOR crap.

Banat

"I'd do anything for love".
I was so in love with this song as a kid (and the beautiful female actress in the music video).
RIP!

poleglass red

aaah come on man, are you telling me his real name wasn't Meatloaf.