Megatherium Sam | Leaves West Brom in the Championship

OneLoveMUFC

An English manager hasn't won the Premier League or the Champions League. I think that's enough evidence.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
His points are fair. The Premier League isn't good to watch generally imo, Spanish and Italian is much more entertaining. Think how many tumescent tv games there are nowadays. Championship has been miles better to watch in recent years in terms of entertainment.

It's also very harsh to call him a dinosaur, he's generally a very innovative coach and has been at the forefront of sports science throughout his time as a manager.

tenpoless

Said the guy who talked shit about the Prince and got sacked from NT.

I mean... not to do that will be a very good start and then you can think about competing with the other managers.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Game has gone soft with these bloody foreigners. The good thing with Brexit is that these coaches won't be granted permission to work outside of Europe so will be forced to leave England. The sooner we return to the real football from the 70s with proper tackles, desire, pride, respect for the badge etc. the better.

Bojan11

I like Sam. But Jesus fecking Christ. Him and Michael Vaughan behave like simpletons. You’d think they’d have a decent brain with the positions they held.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Sam is one of the lads, remember him ordering a pint of wine.:lol:

Ironically on this, why dosen't he just go and get a job abroad? I'm sure his record would get him a mid table role in Spain or Germany or a decent international side.

He's worked with loads of good foreign players in his career so a few of them would put a good reference in for him.

Needham

I like Sam. But Jesus fecking Christ. Him and Michael Vaughan behave like simpletons. You’d think they’d have a decent brain with the positions they held.
Maybe matters are more simple than you believe. In regards to football, Mourinho and Van Gaal both overcomplicated things at Utd and in the process ground the team down to a poorly functioning machine. Ole has come in and made matters much clearer. And simpler.

RochaRoja

There will never be anything more gammon than Sam Allardyce and Alan Brazil discussing Brexit and Trump on TalkSport.

RochaRoja

Sam is one of the lads, remember him ordering a pint of wine.:lol:

Ironically on this, why dosen't he just go and get a job abroad? I'm sure his record would get him a mid table role in Spain or Germany or a decent international side.

He's worked with loads of good foreign players in his career so a few of them would put a good reference in for him.
Unlikely. Spain and Germany both produce decent coaches by the bucket load and know that English coaches are, almost to a man, crap.

Cockney Phil

Easy to criticise his comments but he has a lot of followers and there are even more Brexit supporters who share his ideas. The dangers of attacking this man on his football or politics, is the more superficial we appear. People voted for Brexit and a large proportion are anti-immigrants and anti-foreigners in all guises. The anti-foreigners language panders to the counter political correctness of Brexit. I don’t doubt there a lot of clubs who want the legal enforcement of ‘home grown’ because they don’t have the guts to implement it themselves. Allardyce is not stupid, these are the comments of a guy who expects openings after 29 March.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
An English manager hasn't won the Premier League or the Champions League. I think that's enough evidence.
Not really great evidence is it pal. Whe united for one haven't had an english manager and the other big clubs haven't been awash with them either.

Saffron

Has an English manager even won any of the other big leagues: La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A?

I just checked if Hodgson won the league with Inter (he didn't) and found this gem from him trying to explain away his failure there: "We lacked stars, apart from Paul Ince".

GHam

I couldn't give a crap if a British manager never wins a title here again tbh. So bloody what?

Schneckerl

Has an English manager even won any of the other big leagues: La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A?

I just checked if Hodgson won the league with Inter (he didn't) and found this gem from him trying to explain away his failure there: "We lacked stars, apart from Paul Ince".
Terry Venables won La Liga with Barca in 84/85
Bobny Robson won the CWC and Copa del Rey with Barca in 96/97

Saffron

Terry Venables won La Liga with Barca in 84/85
Bobny Robson won the CWC and Copa del Rey with Barca in 96/97
Interesting, thanks.

So since the Premier League's inception, no English manager has won a major honour in England or Europe.

dogwithabone

Not really great evidence is it pal. Whe united for one haven't had an english manager and the other big clubs haven't been awash with them either.[/QUOTE

Yeah football didn't exist before 1992 !

Seriously ! Just ignore the fact that two of the greatest managers the game has ever produced, Clough and Paisley, were, er, English. Clough probably has a genuine claim to being the greatest manager the game worldwide has ever seen. Won the title with Derby, title with Forest and two European Cups with Forest plus domestic cups. Real Madrid, the Milans, Barcelona, Juve all existed back then - as well as Liverpools greatest ever side - and were just as revered as they are now.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Sam Allardyce and Stephen Warnock are cut from the same cloth. If you could guess two managers that were part of the brexit mob, you wouldn't be far off.
I am happy he is bitter. Hope it continues to eat him up.