Megatherium Sam | Leaves West Brom in the Championship

AJ10

Someone needs to take away the salt from him.

Embarrassing himself, they should really ask him what happened when he got the big job with England. :lol:

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
I like big Sam. Too many managers are dull and play it safe with their opinion.

And why does this forum bring up Brexit so much like it is some kind of plague.

The people voted for it so feckin deal with it.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Going abroad to manage is a great idea, but my point is a lot don't have to as the foreign football culture has come to them. Maybe it's the English dislike of learning anything foreign that's the problem.
If that's the case then why have we adopted a lot of the positive aspects of Indian and Caribbean cultures, hell, fish and chips was imported from Belgium. That's actually as backward and ridiculous as people are saying Sam has been in this video.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches

The people voted for it so feckin deal with it.
It's a derangement syndrome that a lot of them suffer from, it's very annoying. I disagreed with Sam on some points, like the entertainment aspect. I don't think it's gotten worse, maybe the bigger games have but you can still find plenty of good end to end stuff in the league and even below it. I do see his point on having to do things the continental way, all we need to do is just improve tactically in our own way. I also disagreed with him in that clip about Ole, who aside from United fans actually talk about his tactics? Pundits and neutrals just go on and on about how he makes people happy, they have yet to actually give him some serious tactical analysis.

Moriarty

If that's the case then why have we adopted a lot of the positive aspects of Indian and Caribbean cultures, hell, fish and chips was imported from Belgium. That's actually as backward and ridiculous as people are saying Sam has been in this video.
Read the subsequent post.

RochaRoja

Thickos, racists and geriatrics voted for it so feckin deal with it.
Fixed that for you, pal.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Maybe it's because no British manager is managing a top team. They are forever taking care of mid table and relegation clubs. How do you achieve greatness that way?

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He literally sounds like he's talking out of his asshole. A terrible effort on his "make the premier league great again" campaign.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sam Allardyce and Stephen Warnock are cut from the same cloth. If you could guess two managers that were part of the brexit mob, you wouldn't be far off.
I am happy he is bitter. Hope it continues to eat him up.
Stephen Warnock? :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Laughable, thinly veiled xenophobic garbage from Allardyce.

Give me a Nuno Santo, a Pochettino or a Ranieri over an Allardyce, a Howe or a Warnock any day of the week.

English managers get fecking over-hyped, not the other way 'round.

Imagine if Raneiri was English - he wouldn't have been sacked after winning the PL with Foxes, and his next job would not have been at Fulham.

Or imagine if Santo was a new English coach, and had done what he's done this season with Wolves - he'd be being talked about as the new Utd / Chelsea / Arse boss etc.

Benitez going from Real Madrid to fecking Newcastle, and then doing the job he's done on that 'budget'.

Foreign managers also get sacked way more quickly, with way less attention from the press.

Utter, utter rubbish from Allardyce.

Obviously the lure of divisive politics is that they serve as a lovely excuse for why you're failing - 'the West Indians / Pakistanis / Polish are taking your jobs' etc.

But to see it, in this day and age, from people who've fecking enjoyed a cushy number with the 'old boys network' - earning millions for years, is just a new level of pathetic.

Piss off Allardyce. If you're a better coach prove it, or shut up.
Good post. The difference isn't in perception bur quality between foreign coached and the English ones.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
There are equal opportunities for British managers in Europe as there are for European managers in England. If you're not good enough, you're not good enough, the days of the same retread coaches appearing at Bolton, Blackburn, Hull and Stoke are over. The owners and sporting directors have gotten smart enough to hire from the best pool of managers out there.

WensleyMU

Saying this as someone who is not English: what's up with the moaning and constant self-deprecation? Do some of you have no sense of pride? As an outsider, it's quite incredible to witness.

The man has a point. Perhaps not in terms of end results, but why would you not want more English managers and an English

Personally, I'd prefer it to be British rather than purely English but you can't say he's entirely wrong about perception.
Its very weird, isn't it? It more than a lack of pride though, it's a feeling of shame.

Often this POV is limited to just England as well. Elsewhere in Britain, Europe or the wider world they have culture and history so can be proud of who they are. England has not culture and only a history of shameful actions, apparently.

Last edited:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

You tell 'em Sam. Bloody foreigners ruining our beautiful game.

Ace of Spades

Can anyone tell who are these so called great british managers that have not been given a chance ?? Is there anyone that has shown the talent to work at a top club ??

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
British jobs for British people.

Surprised he hasn't had a go at Alan. "Why have you got a foreign second name? Terrorist sympathiser."

youmeletsfly

Well Sam should understand that, if British managers wouldn't be utter garbage, foreign managers would still be coaching in their own countries.
He's such an awkward guy, how can you be funny and also an absolute idiot in the same time, my god.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

"The best way to get a Premier League job if you are British is to change your name to a foreign name, I have always said if I was ‘Allardicio’ I could have managed Manchester United."