Megatherium Sam | Leaves West Brom in the Championship

Pagh Wraith

His style is not for everyone but I'll say this about him: His approach to using sports science and statistical analysis is surprisingly modern. He certainly isn't the dinosaur he is often portrayed as. As much of a mismatch Arsenal and Allardyce are, he'd make them a better team if he came in right now.

stevoc

Unlikely. Spain and Germany both produce decent coaches by the bucket load and know that English coaches are, almost to a man, crap.
You say that but if the likes of Coleman, Neville, Adams and Moyes can get jobs in Spain i'm sure someone would take Big Head for a few months.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
This season will be a defining moment in time for the ancient society of 'Proper Football Men". The Big Sam never been relegated narrative is sacred and whether it stays true or not could have a massive effect on clubs opting for an experienced firefighter or not.

Cloud7

This season will be a defining moment in time for the ancient society of 'Proper Football Men". The Big Sam never been relegated narrative is sacred and whether it stays true or not could have a massive effect on clubs opting for an experienced firefighter or not.
I disagree with this. Big Sam has always been a cut above the Moyes, Pardew, Pulis, Bruce crop for me. I wouldn't say how he does should influence how the rest of them are viewed.

Foxbatt

Big Sam can play reasonably attractive football given the right players. His Bolton side with Okacha played good football.

Classical Mechanic

Not really. He plays low block football in essential terms, the same as countless managers across the world. His tenure at WBA won’t change that in the slightest.

Foxbatt

He seems to have a knack of winding up managers of top clubs including Arsene, Jose and now Klopp.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I will never understand why him or Dyche are ridiculed by the fans.

They are competent at what they are proposed to achieve. Would he have been great as a England NT Coach?

Perhaps not, but his Bolton sides between 2002 and 2007 actually were far from being Jurassic.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He is a good coach. Rate him above Hodgson, Bruce, Moyes, Dyche. He just hasn't got an opportunity at a decent club with some money.

Was sacked far too soon at Newcastle when they had a decent team.

Foxbatt

He may well have won something with England. I mean yesterday McManaman was scathing on his attack on Big Sam at halftime. Surprisingly Hoddle understood exactly what he was trying to achieve. I suppose being a manager Hoddle knows it a lot better than MacManaman. Sam is not going to go to Anfield and play like Biesla did at OT. He cannot afford such liberties. He needs points and if he can get a point by playing all the outfield players on the right wing or any other way then he is going to do it. According to Klopp now Big Sam has invented even a new formation. Poor Jose, for all his self glory hunting could never invent a new system.
He may have won something with England by playing everyone in defence and then sending on Crouch in the last 10 mins to grab a winner.

renandstimpyfan83

Supports
Real Oviedo/England
The video in the OP is hilarious. The lack of self awareness from this guy to say foreign managers and tactics have made the PL boring and 90% of the games in his day were entertaining. He’s probably only behind Pulis in the league table of managers known for producing absolutely unwatchable football.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
The video in the OP is hilarious. The lack of self awareness from this guy to say foreign managers and tactics have made the PL boring and 90% of the games in his day were entertaining. He’s probably only behind Pulis in the league table of managers known for producing absolutely unwatchable football.
I think he's right about playing out from the back though. If Brighton didn't insist on doing it they'd probably have a few more points than they do for a start. Alright if you're a big club with £50m footballers in defence I can see why the coach might expect the players to do it (although we're proof that £50m doesn't always get you a baller in defence), but if you're a team with cloggers at the back or in CM then you might need to go long more than you play it around the back. Looking pretty and getting a draw or losing doesn't help you at the business end of the season.

Falcow

He may well have won something with England. I mean yesterday McManaman was scathing on his attack on Big Sam at halftime. Surprisingly Hoddle understood exactly what he was trying to achieve. I suppose being a manager Hoddle knows it a lot better than MacManaman. Sam is not going to go to Anfield and play like Biesla did at OT. He cannot afford such liberties. He needs points and if he can get a point by playing all the outfield players on the right wing or any other way then he is going to do it. According to Klopp now Big Sam has invented even a new formation. Poor Jose, for all his self glory hunting could never invent a new system.
He may have won something with England by playing everyone in defence and then sending on Crouch in the last 10 mins to grab a winner.
Well Mcmanaman knows that the only way to play against pool is to pack the defence, almost worked for Spurs two weeks ago. Teams trying to play an attacking game against liverpool will just concede 4 or 5 goals. I wish every team going to Anfield played 6 in defence, Klopp would have a meltdown as liverpool's kick and rush style struggles against defensive teams, see Athletico Madrid games pre lockdown.

When there is an extra body in defence to mop up the second ball, a large part of liverpool's supply line is cut off.

MAME DIOUF 32

Didn't realise they'd signed Snodgrass. I guess they're getting ready for the Championship already.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Is there an issue with that? As long as all parties agree and it’s in writing, it just sounds like another of the many clauses that are added into contracts.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Is there an issue with that? As long as all parties agree and it’s in writing, it just sounds like another of the many clauses that are added into contracts.
As far as the authorities are concerned, yes. Never used to be, I remember United and Newcastle mutually agreeing not to use either Andy Cole or Keith Gillespie when we met in the next match following their respective transfers.

Not sure, but it might have come in after the Tevez/Mascherano thing and a further tightening of the third-party ownership rule. Either that or something to do with the rule over people supposedly not allowed to own more than one club. I suppose if someone other than the club who now owns the registration of a player is telling that club they can't pick them then it's an outside party having influence over the player or club. It's strict interpretation of the rule, no doubt, as this kind of thing has always been done but I think that's what they wanted in order to clear up any grey areas.

Of course, the daft thing is you can still do it just as long as you don't say you are. Just say the player had a slight knock, hadn't had time to train yet as he was busy moving house or hadn't integrated well enough with the squad yet so you're leaving him out if asked. Something like that would do fine.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Happened with us and Tim Howard at Everton. He didn’t play and his replacement was shite and we won 4-2 which pretty much secured the title. The FA investigated it but nothing happened

renandstimpyfan83

Supports
Real Oviedo/England
Home record so far not looking good.

WBA 0-3 Villa
WBA 0-5 Leeds
WBA 0-4 Arsenal
WBA 0-5 City

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
1 win in 10 so far. Probably should have kept Slaven

tomaldinho1

I don't even think Bilic was doing that badly - Drew with City and Chelsea, United and Spurs barely scraped past them, it was defensive but they lack quality and had some bad luck. They just ship goals now under Megatherium.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
They're the worst team in the league. They were before they sacked the manager and they replaced him with a man who will finish bottom and tell us how it was a great achiement.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Even his mate Richard Keys thinks this might be one job too many for big Sam.

Acole9

Outstanding
No wonder he was calling for the season to be stopped, was probably clinging on to the hope it would be cancelled as that's the only way he'll keep West Brom up.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I wonder why Everton will back a 4 time domestic league winner in 4 countries and 3 times Champions League winner over Big Sam Allerdyce who won the Third Division and 2 Play-Off finals.

tomaldinho1

Big Sam spitting facts.
Wasn't his Everton team 20th in the league for shots when he left.

Everton are ok, they spent big with Koeman as well and I feel they like saying they have England No1 GK even though he's a complete liability. Even their back up is awful, as our game versus them proved.