Megatherium Sam | Leaves West Brom in the Championship

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I wonder why Everton will back a 4 time domestic league winner in 4 countries and 3 times Champions League winner over Big Sam Allerdyce who won the Third Division and 2 Play-Off finals.
Don't forget a 100 % win record for the national team.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
8 goals and counting in the past two games. Doesn't get the credit he deserves because he doesn't have the exotic looks and name.

SinNombre

If they survive, it would be the greatest escape in history.

They were 200-1 to survive with 9 games left in the season.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Leicester, villa, Wolves, Arsenal, liverpool, West Ham, Leeds
Not a chance they make up 8 points in 7 games from those fixtures.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Leicester, villa, Wolves, Arsenal, liverpool, West Ham, Leeds
Not a chance they make up 8 points in 7 games from those fixtures.
I don’t know, it’s a crazy season and their tails are up. I could easily see them beat Leicester and Villa and then all of a sudden, there might be only two points in it.

Wolves have had a poor season, as have Arsenal. It will be a very interesting next few weeks if they can get 6 points out of those next three.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Fixtures aren't that bad, or at least you can put a spin on it.

Leicester - lost 2 in a row
Villa - 1 win in 6
Wolves - 1 win 6 again, beaten them already this season
Arsenal - Mid-table team
Liverpool - Awful title defence, drew with them at Anfield
West Ham - Yeah, that's going to be hard
Leeds - Mid-table

Can't exactly expect them to do it though, and I wouldn't even if they played all of the bottom 7 in their last 7.

bosnian_red

I don’t know, it’s a crazy season and their tails are up. I could easily see them beat Leicester and Villa and then all of a sudden, there might be only two points in it.

Wolves have had a poor season, as have Arsenal. It will be a very interesting next few weeks if they can get 6 points out of those next three.
That's true but Newcastle have only lost 1 of their past 6 games. Their next 5 are tough and if they lose them all then who knows. But their last 2 is also against Fulham and Sheffield Utd. Tbh I think the relegation spots are set and the only race left in the prem is 3rd/4th and who gets the final europa league spot in 7th.

bosnian_red

They’ll beat Arsenal
Ok but they need to get 8 points more than what Newcastle get in the remaining 7 games. Newcastle play 2 of the bottom 3 in their last 2 games, and have lost just 1 of the past 6 games. If they get 4 points from the next 7 games that leaves West Brom needing to get 12/13 points depending on goal differential. Are they all of a sudden going to average almost 2 ppg when they play against 3rd, 4th, 6th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th? They had to beat Newcastle a month or so ago to truly stand a chance.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
“All I can say is that I’m proud of never being relegated from the Premier League, it’s a tag I don’t want to lose. It would kill me if it were to happen, I’d be massively upset.”

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
The task was too big this time, bye Big Sam, glad it happened at the Emirates at least.

Last edited:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
“All I can say is that I’m proud of never being relegated from the Premier League, it’s a tag I don’t want to lose. It would kill me if it were to happen, I’d be massively upset.”

Maluco

Should have resisted that urge to come back one last time.

I wonder will he stay on now and build one more team to get up and stay up?

I would like to see him do it. I think he has been underrated over the years. The team he built with Bolton were always fun to watch and he has saved clubs so many times on the brink. I bet Blackburn fans rue the day the board sacked him.

diarm

Should have resisted that urge to come back one last time.
Someone told me today that he was given £4mil for coming in until the end of the season, with the offer of £10m if he kept them up. I reckon he'll survive the dent to his ego.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Will he manage them in the Championship?

Maluco

Someone told me today that he was given £4mil for coming in until the end of the season, with the offer of £10m if he kept them up. I reckon he'll survive the dent to his ego.
Thats a lot of money, but he has lost the one true calling card that he had. I think he will be really disappointed.

Bwuk

Thats a lot of money, but he has lost the one true calling card that he had. I think he will be really disappointed.
Hes 66. Can get another job in the championship if he wanted no issue but is probably happy to start winding down.

FatTails

The task was too big this time, bye Big Sam, glad it happened at the Emirates at least.
What a stupid tweet. With the wage bill and the squad Arsenal have, it is not some sort of achievement that they haven’t been relegated. Looking like possible relegation candidates at some point is an indictment of their manager and players, and a sign of how far they’ve fallen.

It’s also not something to celebrate that they managed to beat West Brom today either, whose wage bill is 1/5 that of Arsenal’s.

Embarrassing from the North London super club.

stevoc

Don't know what Arsenal fans are crowing about, they've already been relegated from the Super League this season.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
What a stupid tweet. With the wage bill and the squad Arsenal have, it is not some sort of achievement that they haven’t been relegated. Looking like possible relegation candidates at some point is an indictment of their manager and players, and a sign of how far they’ve fallen.

It’s also not something to celebrate that they managed to beat West Brom today either, whose wage bill is 1/5 that of Arsenal’s.

Embarrassing from the North London super club.
I suspect you're taking this a bit too seriously.
Don't know what Arsenal fans are crowing about, they've already been relegated from the Super League this season.
You're wrong, we can't be relegated for 10 or 15 years, we're the mighty Arsenal.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
You sound like Schalke fans just last season... :angel:
There's a Mustafi/Kolasinac joke in there but i've used my daily allocation of fun. Back to the depressive mood reading fake rumors about Camavinga :drool:

FatTails

I suspect you're taking this a bit too seriously.

You're wrong, we can't be relegated for 10 or 15 years, we're the mighty Arsenal.
Haha you’re right, I am. Regardless of everything I said, Big Sam getting relegated is a good thing.

acnumber9

Allardyce is a gutless twat. Goes to a team in the relegation zone seeking the glory for keeping them up and running a mile when they’re relegated.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
Maybe he can finally step in alongside Guardiola to teach City some defence.