Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
It will be interesting how he starts the season. It looks like he is going to have the Hazard role for us in that left wing. He will have to fight Young for that spot given the way the former ended the season but it wont take long for Depay to displace Young.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He'll be first choice from the off I think... He's built for the premier league, and even though Young did really well for us, Memphis is still on another level technique wise and when it comes to end product. Di Maria being out injured at the start will mean that Memphis will probably be first choice from game 1, so it's up to him to keep his spot. Pretty confident that he will.

ghagua

Damn, Depay looks like he did some serious building up since the end of the season. Don't recall him looking that built up when watching the PSV games last season.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He looks like a beast physically from the training photos, which bodes really well for his training ethos. Hopefully he has a good tour, scoring afew goals to put himself into the match day squad for game one. I don't want to put him under to much pressure but I feel that if Depay can replicate his form of last season in the premier league then Utd will have a great shot at the title.

Glanville95

He's the signing I'm most excited about, but that's possibly because he's an attacking player. He just has extraordinary potential. I'm not expecting the world from him, but it would surprised me, if in a few years he reached Hazard-like levels.

In terms of his immediate impact, I think the tour will determine whether he starts instantly over Young or not. He's certainly a far more naturally talented and productive player, but LVG might want to initially start the tried and trusted Young which paid dividends for him. He will eventually displace Young either way. It's just a matter of time, as he's simply a better player.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It will be interesting how he starts the season. It looks like he is going to have the Hazard role for us in that left wing. He will have to fight Young for that spot given the way the former ended the season but it wont take long for Depay to displace Young.
He doesn't look similar to Hazard at all so I can't him playing the same role. Hazard is a playmaking wide player like Ribery whereas Depay is much more direct and focused on scoring and affecting the scoreline, from what I've seen.

If anything we need someone on the opposite site performing the hazard role compliment Depay on the left.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He doesn't look similar to Hazard at all so I can't him playing the same role. Hazard is a playmaking wide player like Ribery whereas Depay is much more direct and focused on scoring and affecting the scoreline, from what I've seen.

If anything we need someone on the opposite site performing the hazard role compliment Depay on the left.
Memphis is actually a very creative passer also. Yes his main aim is to score goals, but when others are in position he is great at clever little passes. He does come inside off the line and stands in the AM position often, so will be interesting. Under LVG he may instruct him to stay wider though.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Memphis is actually a very creative passer also. Yes his main aim is to score goals, but when others are in position he is great at clever little passes. He does come inside off the line and stands in the AM position often, so will be interesting. Under LVG he may instruct him to stay wider though.
It's very different from Hazard. A lot of Chelsea's play goes through Hazard, much like with Ribery a few years back at Bayern.

Playmaking, basically. That's different to having a nice pass on you which a lot of attackers tend to.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
He's gonna be a beast for us. I can sense it.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He will definitely not start ahead of Young in the early stages of season. Ashley was very consistent player throughout the season, he won't be dropped that easy.
He seems to have great mentality though, I like that about him.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
His new Twitter banner has "m7" in it. I wonder...

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Can't wait to watch him play.

He has the potential to be world class, I like that he's not media driven and likes to keep away from that and just focus on football.

VanGaalEra

Could be a magic player for us. Can't wait to see him play.

Any of you really feel the way I feel?
It's his work ethic, more then anything else, which excites me.

He clearly wants to be the best player in the world and he'll work hard as hell on and off the pitch to try and reach his goals.

He's going to be special.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
I believe he actually prefers to be called 'Memphis', as opposed to 'Depay'. I think it has something to do with his relationship (or lack of) with his father, or so i've heard.
Yes that's the point, the other guy called him Depay. ;)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
His new Twitter banner has "m7" in it. I wonder...
he has had it in there since last year when he was 7 at PSV. I do think of Di Maria leaves he will get it though.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Ah, my bad. :wenger:

On an unrelated note, has anyone seen pictures of this guy without a shirt? He will eat PL full-backs for breakfast.
From previous years yes and he was already a beast. He looks like he's made more gains since the end of the season as well.

strandty

He seems to have fitted into the squad perfectly, always smiling and laughing seems as though he has been here forever! No doubt that if Di Maria leaves, he will be given the number 7.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Have a feeling he'll take a season or so settle properly. Not expecting much from him this year tbh.

ChaddyP

I dunno. I just have a feeling in my bones he will just elevate himself and become pivotal for us. He just looks like he will do whatever it takes to get greatness. You can see he wants to be the best player in the world. Think he will hit the ground running :drool:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I don't think Young and Depay are both vying for the 'Hazard role'. Put simply, Young will never be good enough for the 'Hazard role ' at United. He is vying for the Willian role, or the 'other winger'. He has a low statistical output, and very tactical responsibilities, as opposed to the freedom afforded to the special player. If anything, the likes of Mata and Di Maria arguably tried the Hazard role last season, albeit from the opposite wing. It just so happened that our Willian was better than our Hazard, which in itself isn't good enough for us.

ottosec

Not only a great footballer, but also a great artist:

Status
Not open for further replies.