5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Classical Mechanic

Memphis is a confidence player, and the problem with Van Gaal is that considering he is meant to be his 'mentor', he has managed Memphis terribly in the fact that when he has played well and got full confidence LVG seems to be drop him again and disrupting his rhythm. I'm still very disappointed in Memphis generally, but he hasn't been helped, maybe a different manager can make more of him.
He isn't a confidence player. Give him space and time and he is excellent. Put him under a press and he doesn't have the turn of pace or control in tight spaces to be effective. At this point he is too easy to mark out of the game, in the Premier League I mean. Added to tha he is too greedy and you have a limited player. He thinks he is CR7 seemingly, entitled to centre stage of freekicks when Mata should be taking them. He is an arrogant man without that productivity to back it up. He is in the big leagues now. He has to be humble if he wants to improve.

Eddy_JukeZ

Just Not impressed with Memphis. Yeah it was a tough situation to come in and play well, but his only impressive performances have been vs minnows.

Ludens the Red

Brain dead challenge from a brain dead footballer. Whether soft or not, first his failure to track the run then the stupidity to make the challenge.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Wish he'd feck off back to Holland. The guy is a jinx. Mistake waiting to happen.

Bojan11

One game against minnows doesn't change he's been very poor this season.

RedStarUnited

The pen was soft but his reaction to the pen was just as bad for me. Watch the replay from behind the ball, Memphis has his hands on his hips as Sturridge is stepping up to take it. All the United players around him are reacting and he is just sitting there watching. If De Gea saved or hit the post and came back to play, a Liverpool player could have walked past him and tapped it in.

His attitude sucks big time for me.

SSSSnake

He's a pretender. When the going gets tough he goes missing. We have too many players like this right now and I'm sick of it.

paulscholes18

Unlucky to give away the pen, the contact started outside the box so it should have been a free kick

drdoityourself

Created our only hint of a chance in the first minute. He is one of the few who can create something in this team. Some here are desperate to have a go at him.
Our midfield is just non existant, he's man marking Nathaniel Clyne ffs and suffering from it.
In a team so dire in chance creation and imagination, I have plenty of time for someone who actually could offer those things.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
He's effectively playing as a wingback... which is ridiculous when you think about it
Yeah, it's really weird how deep he is. There were several times when Martial was on the left wing and I was thinking Memphis surely must be upfront then. Nope. Same wing, just 30 meters behind.

Litch

Soft pen full stop. He's not been great but he's in a queue of many....

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
The difference in talent between a guy like him and Ronaldo is that Memphis just don't fecking know how to deal with things when he's in a down period. Ronaldo would at least show some anger. Memphis is thinking he's on the street with a bunch of girls watching him and tries to play cool when his shit don't work. I've said it several times before - this guy is fool's gold.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
For all the negative attention he's received here he's still created our two best moments in this game. For all his ability Martial has been terrible recently. Goes to show how much slack you get if you're likeable.

Classical Mechanic

For all the negative attention he's received here he's still created our two best moments in this game. For all his ability Martial has been terrible recently. Goes to show how much slack you get if you're likeable.
Martial has been terrible but I feel Depay's glaring weakness is his slow reactions and the time he needs to do anything. At the top level he just can't handle the pace IMO. I don't see that changing too much. Regarding Martial though, he is being sacrificed for the one dimensional Depay.

acnumber9

He was shite but attackers always will be when your midfield are incapable of giving you the ball.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Clutching at straws. He is just one of many not good enough for this club. Martial is a more dangerous and effective player on the left IMO.
Martial did feck all squared tonight.

Memphis was crap, too, but he could still have come away with 2 assists.

He's an easy scapegoat and gets far more grief than he deserves compared to others.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Played at left back in the first half, tried his best in the second but it was too late at that point. Nowhere near one of our worst performance on the night though.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Martial has been terrible but I feel Depay's glaring weakness is his slow reactions and the time he needs to do anything. At the top level he just can't handle the pace IMO. I don't see that changing too much. Regarding Martial though, he is being sacrificed for the one dimensional Depay.
I think there's a hell of a lot more we can expect from both Martial and Memphis. We aren't playing to their strengths and predictably they're both struggling.

They're both crying out for a 4-3-3 with a fluid front three like we did with Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez and what Barca are currently doing. Neither can defend, just leave them up there.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Martial did feck all squared tonight.

Memphis was crap, too, but he could still have come away with 2 assists.

He's an easy scapegoat and gets far more grief than he deserves compared to others.
Not that I'm going to slate him tonight because I can't be arsed and there's no point actually but you do realise that he gave them a fecking idiotic penalty which somewhat shaped the game, right?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
He wasn't the worst but he isn't a Man Utd player IMO. Wrong league for him.
Nah, he's shown enough to give him time. He'll come good.

It'll help having a manager who knows what he's doing.

Not that I'm going to slate him tonight because I can't be arsed and there's no point actually but you do realise that he gave them a fecking idiotic penalty which somewhat shaped the game, right?
It was never a penalty in a million years.

Kostur

海尔的老板
It was never a penalty in a million years.
I'm not discussing whether it was a penalty or not, the ref's been a soft ass cnut and well can agree on that, but the way he's 'defended' there, it was just fecking moronic and in the end ended up with a penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.