5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
It absolutely was a 50/50, they were roughly the same distance away from the ball and it's a winger up against a keeper. He just didn't have the courage.
Not a chance, in what world is the keeper not favourite in that position I have no idea. Even if, hypothetically, he was able to get an outstretched toe to the ball first Schmeichel had already spead and was sliding, he'd be collecting it anyway.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Should take a real close look at Kante. Came to the PL, stayed humble, and worked his socks off week in week out. No fancy caprioles, just play football ffs and show what you're worth. So tired of people making excuses.

prath92

Should take a real close look at Kante. Came to the PL, stayed humble, and worked his socks off week in week out. No fancy caprioles, just play football ffs and show what you're worth. So tired of people making excuses.
There's nothing to suggest he hasn't put in work. In fact he has clearly improved since he was benched. Put in some good cameos with the odd start where he had decent games. Like Arsenal midtjylland villa and all

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The cameo was promising, I genuinely think he is overweight though. He's far too stocky to be the tricky winger he was at PSV. You look at people like Vardy without an inch of fat on him, that's how you get that speed. I think he's getting back there though. Having a good pre-season is going to be key with him (training wise).

Dobbs

Not a chance, in what world is the keeper not favourite in that position I have no idea. Even if, hypothetically, he was able to get an outstretched toe to the ball first Schmeichel had already spead and was sliding, he'd be collecting it anyway.
We could do with a still from when the ball first broke loose. That would clear it up.

Watched the game on MUTV. Immediately gut reaction of myself and the commentators was that he should have challenged for it. One of the commentators was Crerand. It takes something for him to criticise a United player.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
How can he be humble when LVG was portraying him as one of the top 5 most promising players around?

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Just posted a 12 picture collage of him celebrating a goal in a Utd shirt on insta.

EDIT - The Sun are on it already...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...f-celebration-after-goal-against-Watford.html

MEMPHIS DEPAY has emphatically put paid to any rumours he is set to leave Manchester United with a stunning Instagram montage.

The Dutch winger has underwhelming to say the least in his first season at Old Trafford.

And recent social media activity such as erasing all of the memories from his time at the club on Instagram and unfollowing his United team-mates had suggested he could be heading for a summer move.

Last edited:

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Normally I'd agree with Robben. First season, in and out of the team in a much tougher league than one where he's just bossed it, it's going to affect anyone.

However if the reports of his bad attitude are true then there's not a lot we can do. If someone doesn't want to learn and improve for the sake of both the team and their career then you have to cut your ties.

I just hope he is actually trying hard and isn't going to let a tough debut year get to him. There's clearly some talent there, we just need to work out how best to use it, all whilst he does too.

From what you can glean from his attitude and the type of person he seems to be (massively reaching), you can imagine Martial coming in and immediately lighting up the place was a dent to his ego and he's suffered with that all year.

ivaldo

Normally I'd agree with Robben. First season, in and out of the team in a much tougher league than one where he's just bossed it, it's going to affect anyone.

However if the reports of his bad attitude are true then there's not a lot we can do. If someone doesn't want to learn and improve for the sake of both the team and their career then you have to cut your ties.

I just hope he is actually trying hard and isn't going to let a tough debut year get to him. There's clearly some talent there, we just need to work out how best to use it, all whilst he does too.

From what you can glean from his attitude and the type of person he seems to be (massively reaching), you can imagine Martial coming in and immediately lighting up the place was a dent to his ego and he's suffered with that all year.
Speaking to Dutch outlet NOS, Mulder said: "In the Premier League he suffers, yet his attitude suggests that he is a big star.

"It seems that people at Manchester United are starting to get fed up with this."

This is pretty much the extent of these reports.

ivaldo

Speaking to Dutch outlet NOS, Mulder said: "In the Premier League he suffers, yet his attitude suggests that he is a big star.

"It seems that people at Manchester United are starting to get fed up with this."

If anyone knows the going ons at Uniteds inner circle it's Youri Mulder ;) This is pretty much the extent of these reports.

LouisDanGaal

Hope he does well today, this thread is usually the most divided so I'm hoping he gives something to us who think he should get another season.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's completely lost self-belief and form. I hope he comes back a different player next season.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He looks like an Olympic weightlifting champion but he gets bullied off the ball by every man and his dog. Fecking ridiculous.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I hope he doesn't come back to be honest.
I wouldn't mind a sale with a buy-back clause or a loan. Unless this is just a individual's mental crises, he has a lot to work on in his game.

JackXX

He's playing against an average team. Here's a chance to perform and he looks like he doesn't give a feck.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
so you want him fecked off? what are you saying? do you even know?
So I can either be happy with him or want him fecked off? Is there no in between?

I'm in the crowd that want a 22 year old forward who scored 20+ goals last year given more than a season to prove his worth in a notoriously difficult league to settle into. And maybe even given a chance under a coach that only 2 attacking players (Martial and Rashford) have looked anything close to good enough.

m1y2

Jesus Christ :lol: rich player in driving a nice car shocker. Let's sell him because he can't score a free kick.

He's been shite but fecking hell.
driving a nice car? yeah why not, I dont wanna do him Scholes but he just buys the most luxurious car out there while putting in the most attrocious performances, almost beating dimaria to that, with no7 shirt, think you have low standards. you can spot something spoiled in his character, his head is not into football, he's mentally far from ready to play for Manchester fecking United and god knows if he ever be, he's just more expansive Zaha...

Well and if you think everything is all right if he takes 40 freekicks per season and not a single one troubles goalkeeper than there must be something wrong with you, why is he taking them in the first place ffs..

cant believe how unlucky we are with the recent "new ronaldo recruitment", its not liek he's been average, he's been shit and doesnt care at all, that is unacceptable for me and shouldnt be for anyone

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
WTF has his car got to do with anything

drdoityourself

I really want him do well but that first half showing was one of his worst. He'll pick it up in the second half, he has to.....I'm going to make the bold prediction that he'll score.

GloryHunter07

I hate to criticise youngsters but i really cant see, from today's evidence, that he is actually good at anything?

Art Vandelay

He seems to have no agility or ability to send the defender the wrong way. Most of his dribbles seem to involve him running right into whoever he's trying to beat.

El Zoido

Let's see if Mourinho can sort him out, I've seen enough of him to know there's talent there, even if he does look awful right now.

NK86

He has been diabolical today. His languid style looks worse when he is as poor as today.

mu77

So I can either be happy with him or want him fecked off? Is there no in between?

I'm in the crowd that want a 22 year old forward who scored 20+ goals last year given more than a season to prove his worth in a notoriously difficult league to settle into. And maybe even given a chance under a coach that only 2 attacking players (Martial and Rashford) have looked anything close to good enough.
same - but he was supposed to help the attack and those two kids you mention are infinitely better their first yr in a new league. he'll have to have a massive improvement to get a sniff. maybe getting a lb to work with. i think i'd rather have him central as a striker because he'd have fewer decisions to make. see ball kick ball.

dcullivanio

I hope he gets his act together next season (if still here) as he really has been a grave disappointment. Today's performance has been a real indication of his season as a whole. He just doesn't look the part. Fingers crossed things will change next season as I hate to see a young promising player fail at United. He just looks severely lacking in confidence

justboy68

I just don't know what talent he's supposed to have. Because it certainly isn't passing, shooting, running, dribbling, crossing, tackling, creativity, set pieces or work rate.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He's testing my love for football. Really can't believe how bad he's been today. Need to see a video of him vs Norwich again.
No way he's a winger.

m1y2

so he gets the chance to play from the start again and completely blows it again! cant believe this player got more chances than Adnan who played maybe 20minutes from the wing for us past year+ just annoying how some players are preferred to others..

dichinero

Even I can't defend that performance. get this season done with and get your head sorted for next season lad!

Status
Not open for further replies.