4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

His acceleration is very poor for a wide player, watching him tonight I couldn't help but think he'd be better playing as a striker somewhere, his play with his back to goal is decent.

Jinn

There's a lot of competition for that spot at UTD, he needs to shape up or ship out.
At the moment he's behind Martial, Rashford, Lingard and Mata. When Miki is fit, Memphis will be so far down the pecking order, I don't think he will find his way up.
He needs to improve tremendously!. 30mil FFS.

MD7

That dive when Matuidi was involved was a bit pathetic.
He was at full speed though... I think he dived a little, but at the same time he was sprinting at full speed, a simple push can bring you out of balance

Litch

On reflection, against a very very good French team was the only difference between the Dutch actually getting a draw. The thing we are looking for is improvement and that performance was much better than anything I saw last season. He's at the club, not sure he's hindering anyone's development and I think the club will give him a little more time as to sell him now makes no sense.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He was at full speed though... I think he dived a little, but at the same time he was sprinting at full speed, a simple push can bring you out of balance
Losing balance is understandable and you explained it well but how he reacted after it was weak.

AXVnee7

Most players we let go and up flopping even more.

Pogba is one we didn't want to let go.People should stop using that as a comparison.
Was said more so in jest than realistically. Having said that I don't think he should be let go without having a proper chance under Jose, it's unfair to use last season as a stick to beat him with as it was a completely different manager with a completely different way of playing.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thought he was the only Dutch forward actually trying to do anything remotely forward thinking, was unlucky not to equalise too! he really needs that goal just to get him back in the rhythm.

As others have stated he really isn't a "winger" but much more of a wide forward. His movement into the box and in the channels is actually pretty good, and when standing still he rolls defenders and links up nicely.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Was said more so in jest than realistically. Having said that I don't think he should be let go without having a proper chance under Jose, it's unfair to use last season as a stick to beat him with as it was a completely different manager with a completely different way of playing.
Jose seems to have even less trust in him than LVG did.

He sees him everyday in training. His decision will be heavily guided by that.

Jaybomb

Sad cause I think he's got potential but I doubt he'll fulfil it here. The likes of Pique, Pogba, Rossi, etc seemed to do well for themselves after leaving United, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him follow suit. The signing of Martial completely overshadowed him. And then Rashford completely destroyed any chances he might have to play on the other flank. They just made a way better impression than him.

If I were Mourinho, I would loan him out to a Premier League team. Preferably somewhere like Southampton or Everton. But I think we'll sell him abroad to somewhere like Galatasaray or maybe back to some team in Holland.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He did well considering the minimal amount of time on the pitch.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Felt like he was going to lose the plot after that little tussle with Van Persie. Recovered quite well and kept his composure. Those two probably don't have much love between them.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Wasted some good chances, had a hand in creating others. Overall a decent cameo but nothing to suggest he should be higher in the pecking order.

Sepukku

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The guy has a massive personality problem. From the serious smart ass mobster face when coming on, to putting his hand on the referee's cheek after spoiling a dangerous situation by fouling the opposition, everything is dominated by his childish ego who fails to understand what is needed at this level.

On a case by case analysis, he managed to pass exactly to the opposite defender in a superiority situation of 2 v 3 when all he needed to do is curl a ball behind the defender, a skill anyone at this level should have. A gangnam style dance on the flank with an opposite defender and blasting the ball towards the post, to nowhere land, while we had 3 men in their box waiting for the cross. Tangling up and crashing outside the touchline like a rollerblader trying a high jump for the first time and getting up with fire in his eyes. He wanted to smash that guy's face after he got up and it seemed to me the only reason he didn't do it is he probably knows that would be the end of him. He doesn't look like he's enjoying himself. He looks like a frustrated teenager who thinks the world is conspiring against him. There lies the problem, and is all in his head. Some good touches towards the end, showing the quality he once showed in another league, but it doesn't matter anymore after failing to meet the expectations for so long. He wants to be a hero all the time when all the team expects from him is to be a lightning sharp winger. One who makes the most of the situations, one who simplifies things with his skill not one who complicates things with every deep ball he receives. I don't think there is anyone in our team who gave the ball away more times than he did in the last 18 months.

Wicked ass vision of his cameo, maybe, but i don't see anything else from him. I don't even think anymore the limited chances he gets lately are reason for empathy. I just think at how Rashford took his chances against first team regulars for a team like Manchester United plus Ryan Wilson and Will Keane. Consistent quality is what Memphis needs to show to have a future here, but i am afraid is too late for him.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Did well as a whole, but still annoyed me with the way he fecked up the chance to put Martial through on goal.

It just reminded me about his feck up against Chelsea last season.

AndyJ1985

Did well as a whole, but still annoyed me with the way he fecked up the chance to put Martial through on goal.

It just reminded me about his feck up against Chelsea last season.
How did he do well? He was shit, as usual.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
How did he do well? He was shit, as usual.
He played a good pass to set Mata 1 vs 1, played 2 smart passes to set Mata and Rooney up in dangerous positions inside the box, a few good touches, won free kicks but also a few times losing the ball and that feck up for the counter. Someone will probably make a compilation, but imo that wasnt shit at all. Some poor moments but also good moments.

Acole9

Outstanding
Fair play to him he did try but unfortunately every choice he made was the wrong one.

Devil may care

He was scrappy and had a couple of nice touches, but on that counter he botched his chance to make a more impactful contribution.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Eh? People saying he did well? He was turd. I've been sticking by him for ages saying that he'll come good, but I think he needs a fresh start somewhere.

He half looks like he's desperate to do something decent/not shit, half looks bewildered, out of his depth and unfocussed.

I realise that's an odd 50/50 split but whatever.

Ash_G

Think he needs to go on loan. I wouldn't want to write him off, he's still young but he needs to get regular football and get his confidence back. Would be good if there's a prem team willing to take a punt on him but think he'd probs have to go overseas.

Witchking

Needs an extended run of games. With United already behind the other top teams, there's hardly any chance for him to play in the league.

Looks like a talented player, but is going the way Ryan Babel went. He looks very lonely when he comes on, as if he is not on great terms with his team mates.

Status
Not open for further replies.