4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirk buttercup

Will go on to be a very decent player....at another club.And then there will be threads about why we didn't keep him and we should of got rid of " insert player" instead. he has been underwhelming here a pity because he was dynamite for PSV but his career has stalled so he needs to be playing unfortunately I think that will be elsewhere.

Shark

@NotShark
Will go on to be a very decent player....at another club.And then there will be threads about why we didn't keep him and we should of got rid of " insert player" instead. he has been underwhelming here a pity because he was dynamite for PSV but his career has stalled so he needs to be playing unfortunately I think that will be elsewhere.
When was the last time we sold a player only for him to tear it up somewhere else? Hernandez maybe. For the most part I think we've sold pretty well recently though.

kirk buttercup

Ripped it up:
RVN
Ronaldo
Pique
Diego Forlan
Beckham
and still were very decent players:
Evra
Vidic
Kanchelskis
Di Maria
Hernandez
Drinkwater....
Just to name a few

Stringer

To date I still wonder why no manager ever tries him down the right flank. Ever ......
His style of play is based upon him cutting in on his right foot and shooting. Doesn't appear to have any sort of left foot which would allow him to do it from the right and haven't seen much crossing attempts either.

The simple fact is he can't get past the opposition's full back so he is rather useless.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Ripped it up:
RVN
Ronaldo
Pique
Diego Forlan
Beckham
Evra
Vidic
Kanchelskis
Di Maria
Hernandez
Drinkwater....
Just to name a few
What a BS list. Most of those players were great for us as well.

kirk buttercup

oh I'm sorry you said what players ripped it up after they left United so I listed some . 5 out of the 11 didn't rip it up here either by the way, so sorry if you think its BS but that's not a majority. My point was he needs game time which he wont get here , he will probably go somewhere else and be a very decent player at the level of someone like Mane or Walcott not amazing but does a decent job , I never said he would rip it up but there you go.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Wasn't he meant to be best at cutting in on the left and having a good shot. That's the role he played for PSV right?
Yes but considering he can put great balls in with his right foot, its something I find baffling.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Yes but considering he can put great balls in with his right foot, its something I find baffling.
I think he's just another everdivisie average player. Need to get rid as soon as possible.

Hard to believe this is the guy who mocked RVP for being at Fenerbache. LVG coached him for the Netherlands so really poor on his part

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
I think he's just another everdivisie average player. Need to get rid as soon as possible.

Hard to believe this is the guy who mocked RVP for being at Fenerbache. LVG coached him for the Netherlands so really poor on his part
Please tell the full story while you're at it. You make it look as if Memphis just called him out randomly, which was not the case.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Ripped it up:
RVN
Ronaldo
Pique
Diego Forlan
Beckham
Evra
Vidic
Kanchelskis
Di Maria
Hernandez
Drinkwater....
Just to name a few
Vidic was awful after he left here. Far from decent.

RvN only had one truly good season left in him after we sold him too. I was gutted when he was gone, but we sold him at the right time in hindsight.

Cassidy

Yeah I don't mean at United btw, I mean in general.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Try to be neutral and objective.
I don't follow the Netherlands national team and I read he took the piss out of RVP for playing at Fenerbache. That's what I was mentioning and If wrong then sorry

You and NL Max seem to stick up for Depay whenever so I apologise if I didn't take you seriously

Cassidy

I don't follow the Netherlands national team and I read he took the piss out of RVP for playing at Fenerbache. That's what I was mentioning and If wrong then sorry

You and NL Max seem to stick up for Depay whenever so I apologise if I didn't take you seriously
You should give context to events though:

Van Persie is alleged to have become irate with Depay when the Manchester United winger failed to pass to the Fenerbahce striker in space, opting instead to backheel the ball to Jairo Riedewald.

Incensed by Depay's decision, van Persie is reported to have confronted Depay,s aying: "Do you think you're a big boy?"

A question to which Depay answered by mocking the 32-year-old striker: "Do big boys play for Fenerbahce?"

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
You should give context to events though:
So Depay failed to pass to RVP in space and decided to backhell it.

Ehm yeah I'm sorry for anything I said against depay after that revelatory comment

arthurka

Ripped it up:
RVN
Ronaldo
Pique
Diego Forlan
Beckham
Evra
Vidic
Kanchelskis
Di Maria
Hernandez
Drinkwater....
Just to name a few
RVN: new team didn't fit, one good season left.
Ronaldo: could't keep.
Pique: Evans was apparently much better.
Diego Forlan: couldn't hit the barndoor.
Beckham: fecking fashion shit.
Evra: old, fits well in italy ( could have used)
Vidic: ruined
Kanchelskis: nothing after he left.
Di Maria: shit attitude.
Hernandez: could have used but lacks technique.
Drinkwater: see Leicester one hit wonder..

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Because RVP's initial response ridiculously disproportionate and out of order?
His response of not getting a pass in space (according to that post) over a backheel is ridiculously disproportionate and out of order? I don't really see how

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
His response of not getting a pass in space (according to that post) over a backheel is ridiculously disproportionate and out of order? I don't really see how
If you don't see how RVP throwing out "Do you think you're a big boy?" just because Depay did not pass to him is disproportionate then I'm not sure what to say. That's not how most players react when someone doesn't pass the ball to them. Depay just replied back in kind.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
If you don't see how RVP throwing out "Do you think you're a big boy?" just because Depay did not pass to him is disproportionate then I'm not sure what to say. That's not how most players react when someone doesn't pass the ball to them. Depay just replied back in kind.
Yeah a extremely experienced player like RVP dishing it out to the younger players of Holland isn't a big deal to me. The likes of Depay could learn a lot from that guy. Lashing out at him and mocking him for playing at Fenerbache is just really stupid. Depay should have some respect for his PL career instead of pointless jibes

Edit - If you think saying you thing you're a big boy is too distortion ate is too much then it's all too weak

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Yeah a extremely experienced player like RVP dishing it out to the younger players of Holland isn't a big deal to me. The likes of Depay could learn a lot from that guy. Lashing out at him and mocking him for playing at Fenerbache is just really stupid. Depay should have some respect for his PL career instead of pointless jibes
Dishing it out to younger players because they didn't pass to him? yeah mate sure:houllier: Act like a dick and people will reply like one.

It's fine though. You initial comment was said despite knowing sweet feck all about the incident and now you don't want to backtrack.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)

It seems as if you didnt really know what actually happened, makes it a miscommunication, apart from that I agree with what Akash said.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Dishing it out to younger players because they didn't pass to him? yeah mate sure:houllier: Act like a dick and people will reply like one.

It's fine though. You initial comment was said despite knowing sweet feck all about the incident and now you don't want to backtrack.
You are very aggressive in your views so I won't comment mate!

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
It seems as if you didnt really know what actually happened, makes it a miscommunication, apart from that I agree with what Akash said.
The man who was in love with Depay says others didn't know what happened hehe

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Robin was spot on at that time, it was a training session right before the only possible match where we could still qualify for Euro 2016, with Memphis having 0 goals and 0 assists during the whole qualifiers and fannying about, playing backheels when he should've just laid it off. In a recent interview he explained they weren't angry anymore though, and way too much was made out of such a small incident that happens on a weekly basis at every club.

Memphis can't help it that he's just not good enough, his footballing brain was his biggest flaw at PSV too, he just doesn't 'see' it. He has excellent goalscoring instincts though, if he chooses the right club he might become a decent player around the 25-28 years of age mark. His ego makes him very unlikeable, but he might become a little bit more humble when he's older too.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Not in the squad again. Get rid asap. Need players the coach believes in.

Cassidy

So Depay failed to pass to RVP in space and decided to backhell it.

Ehm yeah I'm sorry for anything I said against depay after that revelatory comment
RVP is in the wrong here tbh, he passed to another team mate big deal. Either way its much a do about nothing really. RVP was being a nob and Depay was being a nob back

Status
Not open for further replies.