Memphis Depay | Atletico player

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
They sign him for not even half of what we paid to loan Ighalo and he's 28. I know we had him years ago but he's not the same player who came with a chip on his shoulder.

Still believe he would have been a better option atleast off the bench over Elanga!
I think he cost Atletico less than Weghorst’s loan deal cost us.

meamth

Possibly the worst hypeman in world football.

Calling himself lion, tattoos all over his body like a maverick, and full of trademark signs, songs and poses.

Since he left PSV he is just a clown who cannot be relied upon, a failed "star" if you ask me.

Cringe with any little sight of him, he will do nothing with Atletico as well. No surprises.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Doing reasonably well for Atletico. Depay and Griezmann could be a very good duo.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Absolute banger of a goal. Hope he leaves the injuries behind him for a while. Between Griezmann, Morata and him they have some forward depth we should have. Hojlund was clearly brought in to be our no.1 CF but I wouldnt mind having a player of the quality of those 3 as backup. And no I'm not saying we should bring Memphis back.

NLunited

Absolute banger of a goal. Hope he leaves the injuries behind him for a while. Between Griezmann, Morata and him they have some forward depth we should have. Hojlund was clearly brought in to be our no.1 CF but I wouldnt mind having a player of the quality of those 3 as backup. And no I'm not saying we should bring Memphis back.
I‘d be happy with Memphis as backup. He‘s class now.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Seems to be back to his best again post injury. Scored once again today. Arguably one of the most divisive players re how good he is. Grossly underrated across his career or still overrated?

tomaldinho1

Seems to be back to his best again post injury. Scored once again today. Arguably one of the most divisive players re how good he is. Grossly underrated across his career or still overrated?
Good player without being great for me. If he’s not had the fanfare of the early United move and subsequent disappointment he’d probably be spoken of in better terms in here though.

Walters_19_MuFc

Much better as a forward, with his back to goal. I take it that's where he's playing for Atletico?

Von Mistelroum

I had really high hopes for him when we signed him. The way he played before signing for us, he looked like he could become special. I think United did what United do, and took something away from him. I really think he's not hit the heights that he should have.

Having said that, it's great to see him doing well again. Still a decent player.

Stadjer

He is a strange player. Can be terrible for an entire match but do something special and score a goal in the same match. I think he is an excellent player for teams just below the highest tier. Not good enough for the highest level.

Also, he was a left winger when he was at Manchester United. He is a striker now. Cant compare the two versions.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I had really high hopes for him when we signed him. The way he played before signing for us, he looked like he could become special. I think United did what United do, and took something away from him. I really think he's not hit the heights that he should have.

Having said that, it's great to see him doing well again. Still a decent player.
He arguably put in the best one off performance of any new signing since Fergie retired in that Europa league match where he completely broke his opposite number (can’t remember what team?) Definitely could have been better for us than almost everyone we’ve added to our front line since.

Camilo

He arguably put in the best one off performance of any new signing since Fergie retired in that Europa league match where he completely broke his opposite number (can’t remember what team?) Definitely could have been better for us than almost everyone we’ve added to our front line since.
It was against a bunch of farmers wasn't it?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Good player without being great for me. If he’s not had the fanfare of the early United move and subsequent disappointment he’d probably be spoken of in better terms in here though.
Yeah, a decent enough player who’s had a good career in the grand scheme of things. Best compliment you can give him is he’s probably been the best Dutch attacker of his [very underwhelming] generation

SambaBoy

I honestly thought he'd develop into one of the best itw in his time at United. He showed great things at PSV and even in his early stages at United.

That Club Brugge performance was one of the best individual performances I've seen from a United player. Not sure what really happened, obviously there was many flaws to his game but I don't think the whole atmosphere at the club helped him and he's not the only one who has failed during the malaise here. His confidence seemed to hit rock bottom and then he wasn't played by Mourinho at all or LvG towards the end.

Whilst our recruitment has been poor, there's no way that all these players we've signed are bad players. The whole situation at the club has just been rotten and players can't flourish here, struggling to think of one player who has reproduced his past form for us apart from Bruno. '

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He's good, but he's not nearly as good as he thinks or acts like he is. On the pitch he will always be hampered by the fact that he just can't or, refuses to keep it simple.

He has all the physical ability to be world class. Just not the brains.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He lacked acceleration to get away from defenders and the technical qualities / decision making to make up for it. The transition to striker (is still one now?) has been a smart one as it allows him to not be bogged down by his weaknesses as much.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Some will probably still maintain that Martial is better than he is..

He's good enough for Atletico, who are much better than we are. Not a world class striker, but is a fine 2nd option which most clubs need anyway.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
He is a strange player. Can be terrible for an entire match but do something special and score a goal in the same match. I think he is an excellent player for teams just below the highest tier. Not good enough for the highest level.

Also, he was a left winger when he was at Manchester United. He is a striker now. Cant compare the two versions.
Yeah, agree with this. Also seemed to struggle quite a bit with the pace of the PL. Something i almost think/feel Gakpo will ultimately struggle with as well.
Yeah i vaguely recall that as well....Mijdtylland or something, wasn't it? Europa is around his actual level IMO.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I'm not a huge fan of Memphis, but your snippet is extremely out of context.

He says that Promes is his friend and he doesnt know him like that. And whilst he doesnt condone everything his friends do, he doesnt instantly drop them either.

Not saying I entirely agree with his reasoning (though I obviously dont have stabby friends), it was a slightly more nuanced take than that.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I'm not a huge fan of Memphis, but your snippet is extremely out of context.

He says that Promes is his friend and he doesnt know him like that. And whilst he doesnt condone everything his friends do, he doesnt instantly drop them either.

Not saying I entirely agree with his reasoning (though I obviously dont have stabby friends), it was a slightly more nuanced take than that.
You basically just paraphrased the quote.

What's so out of context? He still considers these guys friends. Did he not say that? They aren't like how they are made out to be. Did he not say that? That's all the "quote" said.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
You basically just paraphrased the quote.

What's so out of context? He still considers these guys friends. Did he not say that? They aren't like how they are made out to be. Did he not say that? That's all the "quote" said.
The part where he says he disapproves of what Promes does is kind of important. Out of context might be the wrong wording. Incomplete is better.