Memphis Depay | Atletico player

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Scored on his debut and looked quite lively. Still not a huge fan, but fair is fair, he made it back to a real top club, let's see if he can surprise the world.

I doubt it.

Monkers

Depay under Koeman: 19 games 12 goals 11 assists
I expect Koeman to get the best out of him.

Neymar

Not a peasant
Supports
Neymar & Messi
Still better than all our strikers going into the upcoming season. Greenwood may reach Memphis's level one day but it's certainly not the case now. Rashford can't play as a striker, and Cavani in his ancient, dusty version is good for a few big games if we're lucky. The CF position has been grim for us since Zlatan was here.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Still better than all our strikers going into the upcoming season. Greenwood may reach Memphis's level one day but it's certainly not the case now. Rashford can't play as a striker, and Cavani in his ancient, dusty version is good for a few big games if we're lucky. The CF position has been grim for us since Zlatan was here.
Hey, watch it now. You're talking about a generational talent.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Would be so weird if he becomes a raging success at Barca. I still can't imagine it happening.

Suedesi

FFS

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.

Very poor troll attempt there now.

TheReligion

Abusive
What a silly post

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
What a load of nonsense. He’s worse than Rashford, Martial anc Greenwood even now. Did you watch him in a Utd shirt. I say that as someone who liked him.

Good goal, but as usual against a shocking defence.

:lol: :lol:

I don't think anybody in their right mind would swap Depay for Greenwood.

Monkers

He had a hand in all 3 goals today, if he can keep this up he will be a great player for them.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
What a load of nonsense. He’s worse than Rashford, Martial anc Greenwood even now. Did you watch him in a Utd shirt. I say that as someone who liked him.
I don't want to join into the comparisons, but basing Memphis's current ability on his level from back when he was at United a few years ago is definitely the bigger load of nonsense. Even he himself doesn't think he did well back then.

GledTheRed

Jesus.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Rapping about da goal rapping about da gol tss tss dum dum tss tss dum dum autotune rapping about da goal

Bondi77

Comedy is alive and kicking :lol: :lol:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Supporting Neymar and Messi and calling United "we". What are you.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
This thread has the most horrible takes. Full of people that absolutely hate to see him do well and it is very weird.

meamth

This thread has the most horrible takes. Full of people that absolutely hate to see him do well and it is very weird.
I just don't rate the guy.

He hype himself so much I began to have allergic reactions to rap mixtapes.

He achieved feck all, but acts like a super top top sold out god gift of a talent.

If he succeed, well played, but I think he will fail at Barca.

Dr. StrangeHate

It is the same with Pogba as well. It seems people don't like their off field stuff.
I actually think the opposite, people with off field activities and brands are smarter and more driven than the average footballer. They are using their platform to be even more successful monetarily.

kingwaynerooney

Supports
United
He is the low budget Neymar replacement they never got and one they can afford at this stage.

Glorio

Our strikers??
You support Neymar and Messi - enough said :lol:

TrustInJanuzaj

I don't want to join into the comparisons, but basing Memphis's current ability on his level from back when he was at United a few years ago is definitely the bigger load of nonsense. Even he himself doesn't think he did well back then.
It will be interesting for sure to see how he gets on at Barca. I hope he does well but I have serious doubts about his technical level. Do you think if we resigned him tomorrow he’d be a success here? I very much doubt it unfortunately.

TrustInJanuzaj

I don’t think that’s the case. I certainly like him as a person and he can be enjoyable to watch. I just don’t think he’s close to being a top player.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I just don't rate the guy.

He hype himself so much I began to have allergic reactions to rap mixtapes.

He achieved feck all, but acts like a super top top sold out god gift of a talent.

If he succeed, well played, but I think he will fail at Barca.
I know the internet lends itself to hyperbolic discussions but is it fair to say that a 27 year old who has played for two of the biggest clubs in the world in Spain and England, one of France's biggest clubs and who represents his national team, has achieved a little bit more than feck all? And more than 99.9% of footballers around the world have already achieved?

Monkers

I said this about 7 years ago, Depay has done pretty well for himself... but I still think he could have been a much bigger player now and still play for united if he didn´t gain so much muscle mass in his last season at PSV.
+ the summer before he joined up with United he gained even more muscle, losing his ability to float past players. Still think that was his biggest mistake.

Red00012

Correct he would have a been a world class signing if we had signed him years ago. :nervous:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I hope he will do well, but Barca fans should be cautious until the season starts. I remember Memphis against Brugge. "finally a worthy 7" and shit.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I still think people dont rate him for being our LW when it's been found out since then that this is not really his best position.

If he played as a CF or a false 9 for us I dont think people would be laughing at him as much (except his rapping) as they do now.

Maybe he would even be better than the CF version of Martial for all we know because again - he never really got that chance here.

Its something I think was one of Jose Mourinho's standard's seasonal mistakes- he could have tested out Memphis vs Martial for CF and then we would be one step ahead of knowing who was good enough or not even for a squad role but obviously he could only ever use a striker who was the like of Zlatan or Lukaku.