Memphis Depay | Atletico player

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Worst part is, Klopp might actually be able to turn him into an efficient and hardworking grafter. In which case he'd be quite good.

Aloysius's Back 3

Decent price although why would he go there? You can't bench Mane.

Think he can cover for Mane and also play as a more aggressive centre forward than Firminho when they need it.

Whilst I would say that depay wouldn't be all that happy having to start under other players - I think he can make the spot his own eventually.

Even if he doesn't - he talked about how he wanted to be a part of a big UCl & Liverpool have been the best in the last 2 years.

Kaglish10

Think he can cover for Mane and also play as a more aggressive centre forward than Firminho when they need it.

Whilst I would say that depay wouldn't be all that happy having to start under other players - I think he can make the spot his own eventually.

Even if he doesn't - he talked about how he wanted to be a part of a big UCl & Liverpool have been the best in the last 2 years.
He can't play on the wing. He doesn't have the agility, the close control nor the pace.

He would likely replace Firmino in the false 9 striker role. He plays as one for the Dutch team. His movement is quality. He's been good through the centre for Lyon however he was always clashing with Fekir who's also a SS but everytime Fekir was left out of the lineup, he was back to his best. Better still, he could have coexisted with Fekir in a diamond setup like he did in the previous season when he scored more than 20 goals. I don't know why Lyon stopped using the diamond this season.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
It seems odd to me, would Klopp really want a show off type player in his dressing room? If it works out though a lot of people on here will be fuming, and what makes it worse is even though he is ex united he said on Instagram that he wishes Liverpool win the CL and has been non stop talking to Van Dijn and Gini Wijnaldum recently

https://www.twitter.com/ivanschwakoff/status/1130526993232158720
Him and Wijnaldum are good friends, so it's not that weird he wants him to win it.

Renegade

Bring him back in the Lingard role. You think Lingard would be putting the performances he has for Lyon? Cover for the striker and AM position.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He’s off according to his Instagram. Hopefully not to the scousers.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He will fail spectacularly if he goes to Pool. His ego wont be able to handle being at most a 12th man. Oh well, at least he can practise dumb goal celebrations with Wijnaldum.

BlueHaze

Who the hell would he bench in Liverpool? Mane? Salah? Firmino? He'll warm the bench alongside Shaqiri I guess..

BlueHaze

Also imagine constantly taking pics with united chains around your neck after leaving the club and making statements like "forever a red" etc and then flirt with City and wish for Liverpool to win the CL. :lol:

He comes off as an incredibly weird person to me.

Full bodied red

crossy1686

career ending
He's had a poor season at Lyon, returned some good stats but his work ethic is poor. It's the same no matter where he goes, coasts by on his talent instead of working on getting better.

Liverpool won't get anymore out of him than others have, same deal as Balotelli.

arthurka

Hope he goes to Liverpool, will be a shit show under Klopp. Not a chance of him tolerating his cringey shit.

arthurka

Will be like when Rodgers brought in Balotelli because he believed he could change him. That went well...
Yes a bit like that. I mean the small Shaq bothers Klopp it is safe to say Memphis will certainly do worse damage to Klopps cool exterior.

Lee565

Unfortunately I think Klopp will turn him into another world class attacker like the others, the big difference is there is great stability at Liverpool with all the players working hard for klopp and Depay will have to adapt to fit into that otherwise he will be the odd one out, it wasnt the same at United where it was a mish mash of personalities due to different managers and a scattergun approach to transfers.

Monkers

There is nothing confirmed about him moving to liverpool, people talking like it's a done deal. Depay is a lazy player, even if he got a bad day he's too lazy to work hard to make up for it. I would be surprised if he really goes to Liverpool, Everton would be more for him. I'm a fan of Depay, he's one of our best player (netherlands) he's better for us than Wijnaldum and Wijnaldum plays a lot for Liverpool, Depay is just someone if he loses the ball most times he just walks away like he doesn't care + he never been fully focused on Football. I do expect him to leave Ol, just don't think it will be Liverpool.

predator

Youth NITK
Unfortunately I think Klopp will turn him into another world class attacker like the others, the big difference is there is great stability at Liverpool with all the players working hard for klopp and Depay will have to adapt to fit into that otherwise he will be the odd one out, it wasnt the same at United where it was a mish mash of personalities due to different managers and a scattergun approach to transfers.
Agree with all of this.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Not really. Might make some of our fans realise that it’s our club that’s the problem and not that every single player we sign is crap.
Although Memphis is a bit rubbish, relatively speaking, I thoroughly echo this sentiment.

9/10 of our post-Fergie signings would probably do better elsewhere. None of them has improved here. The players are nowhere near as bad as made out.