Memphis Depay | Atletico player

bucky

Well, I'm curious what he can do there. Rafael, after initially struggling, has turned out well for Lyon, hopefully the same will happen with him.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Well, I'm curious what he can do there. Rafael, after initially struggling, has turned out well for Lyon, hopefully the same will happen with him.
I think he'll struggle initially as well, his confidence must be below zero and this will be a huge blow to him. His dream was to play at United and become a star player there, the realization that he's nowhere near good enough and that he had to make a big steo back must be hard. But he's only 22, if he gets his head up and works hard, there's still a good career ahead of him.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
From Mourinho's comments:
Confirming my belief that there was nothing wrong with Memphis' attitude. He simply wasn't good enough. Sometimes, there's nothing more to it.

Special_One

I will be following his progress, and will watch Lyon as often as I can, forgotten how good he CAN be. More performances like the Brugges and the Mitdjylland's and he'll be fine

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I will be following his progress, and will watch Lyon as often as I can, forgotten how good he CAN be. More performances like the Brugges and the Mitdjylland's and he'll be fine
I'll be following his progress but for differing reasons. I never rated him and did not want him here. But everyone keeps telling me he's clearly very talented. I want to see if I'm the one that's blind.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
What a huge disappointment he was after the hype when we signed him. I do think there is a good player in there, just not good enough. He will do well in France.

SirAnderson

Personally sad to see him go, I really think he will come good, but maybe this move will help him, and it doesn't hurt to have the option to buy back first clause in there just in case. Hope he does well in Lyon enough for us to get him back. He really had so much hype when he came, really sad it didn't work out. But with Martial and others in that spots, it was always going to be a tough ask.

b82REZ

Gone up in my estimation after those tweets.

Always thought he'd be a good player and I think he'll prove that in France before moving to a bigger club again.

GBBQ

The tweets have him coming across as a lot more humble than he's been portrayed in the past.

Can't blame a guy for letting success and excessive money go to his head but I hope he puts his head down, works hard and gets to a top European club eventually.

Dinghy

Those tweets will be the highlight of his 1,5 years at United.

Glad to see him go.

Robertd0803

Classy tweets. Looks like he got on pretty well with everyone and Jose commented more than once on his professionalism. Sometimes it just doesn't work out.

Not too many fond memories but he was fantastic in the CL qualifier last season which was the first Champions League match I watched with my son so there is that.

Well he is gone now so I wish him the best.

bucky

Genesio a good manager for him?
Really not sure. I'm still not convinced Lyon have improved as much as they hoped they would under him. Jardim and Favre are definitely better than him IMO.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Class tweets from the young man. Good luck Memphis.

He'll be fine. I'm glad he's away from the Premier League and British press. A new start in a calmer environment should hopefully help him. I'll be watching to see how he gets on.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Could someone check one of the Lyon forums and see if @NL Max is there and leading the hype train? He has probably already started a 'he had a tough upbringing, call him Memphis not Depay' thread. Funny how he just vanished from this place.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Them tweets almost brought a tear to my eye for some strange reason.

Good luck to the lad.

tomaldinho1

After those tweets - I want him back :(

Wonder if the buy back has anything to do with his new found love for his time here!

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Sad to see him go to be honest.

Think he joined at a bad time for the club.

LVG seems to have stunted the performance and development of a number of players.

Was chatting to some of the guys I know at Under Armour and they all say he is a great guy. They also told me they tell him he doesn't help himself sometimes!!

Those tweets were very classy.

Hope he does very well there.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Could someone check one of the Lyon forums and see if @NL Max is there and leading the hype train? He has probably already started a 'he had a tough upbringing, call him Memphis not Depay' thread. Funny how he just vanished from this place.
:lol:

Alabaster Codify7

I'm glad others have already said, that those tweets make me feel a little bit sad. It was definitely the right decision to sell him but he didn#t need to do that - he clearly had a lot of friends at the club and was well thought of.

Really nice gesture on his part. Good luck Memphis.

JohnnyKills

Lyon have two big gambles on Depay and Balotelli. If it pays off for them they could have a competitive CL team.