Memphis Depay | Atletico player

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Sadly the pet trade of exotic animals is quite prevalent, some countries more than others but it is alarming the way this practice continues into the 21st Century.

I did say in another thread that we should have given him more time. I have now changed my mind.
Yes but now he'll play with the eye of the lion!

arthurka

This is what happens when you pamper young idiots and fill their pockets with money. He truly is an idiot.

Monkers

Today Memphis Depay played 90 mins against Amateurs first match after his ACL rapture, he got 4 goals + 4 assists.

Saccharine

Good to hear, hopefully he can take that back to the league and continue his development.
The French Ligue 1 is over. Lyon will play the final of the French League Cup at the end of July and the Champions League in August.
Also Memphis is rumoured to leave Lyon this summer as they didn't qualify to European football.

future2future

I don't know if we have a buyback clause but I really think he can offer us something. Can play striker and winger, has improved a lot since he was here, one of the most important players in the NL squad and has a LOT to prove here.

GledTheRed

I don't know if we have a buyback clause but I really think he can offer us something. Can play striker and winger, has improved a lot since he was here, one of the most important players in the NL squad and has a LOT to prove here.
I'd take him if BVB mess us about, we have a really reasonable buy back clause and he can cover all three positions up top and even #10.

fps

Never again! Doing pretty well in the French league means nothing. He has a lot to prove because he wasn't good enough.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Memphis is one of the greatest flattrack bullies I've seen. He is absolutely brilliant agaunst rubbish opposition.

Also been good for Holland against the bigger teams last year though, so who knows.

Still think he's a bellend though.

Zlatans Knee

Memphis is one of the greatest flattrack bullies I've seen. He is absolutely brilliant agaunst rubbish opposition.

Also been good for Holland against the bigger teams last year though, so who knows.

I think we could have done with a bully this year. It has been against ‘rubbish opposition’ that we have dropped a ridiculous amount of stupid points.

He did well against Germany (who are actually not very good currently) but that's about it. He's 26 so i can't see him ever changing.

flappyjay

He did well against Germany (who are actually not very good currently) but that's about it. He's 26 so i can't see him ever changing.
Yeah also think he has found his level. Fair on him to try going for an elite club though, I wish him luck and hope he doesn't join us.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He did very well in our qualifying campaign and was also quite good against France. He's very imoortant for our linkup play upfront.

Either way, Im not saying he's a top player or anything.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
He is the kind of player Milan should be targeting. Available on a free, can play across the front line, would be a good fit against most Serie A opposition. Would be fun to see a clash of personalities between him and Ibra.

fps

Not only is he not good enough for Man Utd, however mich he’s toned it down he’s also not the kind of character I want in the United dressing room.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He did very well in our qualifying campaign and was also quite good against France. He's very imoortant for our linkup play upfront.

Either way, Im not saying he's a top player or anything.
We were so bad in that game, it was laughable.

Skills

Snitch
Not only is he not good enough for Man Utd, however mich he’s toned it down he’s also not the kind of character I want in the United dressing room.
Why? As far as I know, there was nothing wrong with his professionalism :confused:

FujiVice

I like Memphis. Shame it never worked out, because the talent is there.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Why? As far as I know, there was nothing wrong with his professionalism :confused:
People confusing showing on social media how you're being flashy in your free time with your attitude at your job. So while no-one who worked with him ever accused Memphis of being trouble, people take his social media posts to accuse him of exactly that.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I think if Ole had come after LVG instead of Jose then Depay would still be here. Jose just sold Memphis because he didnt see Rashford or Martial as his type of forwards due to a lack of 'obvious' strength and physicality so ended up with 3 LW's.

Watching how Martial plays now - I dont think Depay's best position is much different, playing centrally with wider forwards on either side of him & would have been a useful player to have.

Renegade

People confusing showing on social media how you're being flashy in your free time with your attitude at your job. So while no-one who worked with him ever accused Memphis of being trouble, people take his social media posts to accuse him of exactly that.
Be prepared for the same to happen with Sancho.

I was hopeful for him but it's clear the talent wasnt there. He has ability but hes just not quick enough, in mind or body to do it against the opposition in the PL. He was always too slow with his feet to get away from his man, and despite his physical stature he never looked able to outmuscle or outpace defenders. He was always a step behind everybody else and I dont see that having changed.

thepolice123

Surprised that this was bumped. Was invisible for the entire match apart from the PK.

E-mal

I think if Ole had come after LVG instead of Jose then Depay would still be here. Jose just sold Memphis because he didnt see Rashford or Martial as his type of forwards due to a lack of 'obvious' strength and physicality so ended up with 3 LW's.

Watching how Martial plays now - I dont think Depay's best position is much different, playing centrally with wider forwards on either side of him & would have been a useful player to have.
He is just not good enough.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Depay is a decent footballer but haven’t really showed anything to dispute the fact that we were right in selling him. Also suits a slower tempo match much more than the pace of the EPL.

Surprisingly always seems to be on the scoresheet for his country though. Him and Babel :lol:

Idxomer

You mean Toko Ekambi? Dembele came on late and did very little.
No. Dembele came on late but he played about 30 minutes and had better holdup play than Depay, and helped relieve the pressure as much as he could.

Anyway, Aouar was the more exciting player from the game yesterday. It'll be interesting to follow him if he moves to a bigger club this summer.

Hansa

Depay is on the cover of this week's edition of France football. Headline: "I have nothing to prove."

Stay clear. We should have vetted him a lot better before signing him.