Memphis Depay (stays)

Status
Not open for further replies.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
8 non-penalty goals in 37 games, a goal every 309 minutes.

His record is average and his skill set doesn't exactly fit a possession-based team in the PL.
Records are there to be broken.

A player may be playing under another different manager and his records may shoot up and be a great signing.

EtH might invigorate him just like the rest of the squad has till now.

Trex

With the striker market and our limited funds to replace Ronaldo I wonder who you lot fancy ahead of Depay?

Conor

If it was a condition of the De Jong sale, then yes. Otherwise, feck Barca.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He’s quite good and I don’t understand why people are turning their noses at him, considering our forward depth is moody martial and then feck else.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'd take him as a cheap option. Not many good forwards available and I think he is actually decent.

Trex

He’s quite good and I don’t understand why people are turning their noses at him, considering our forward depth is moody martial and then feck else.
Especially under our dutch manager, I was privately thinking it won't be a bad signing even before the link. We were linked to fecking Brobbey and some bundesliga forward, I'll take Depay all day.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I'd take him as a cheap option. Not many good forwards available and I think he is actually decent.
Yeah I'll admit I don't want him because he flopped here, and don't like the whole superstar aura he gives off. But I'd like to know from those that think he's not good enough, who the better alternatives are

PoTMS

Maybe we can buy Di Maria, Valencia and Owen as well.

lex talionis

How old is Depay now? Must be reaching 30 soon?
Allegedly, he's 28. He's actually been quite decent the last few years.

His head was fukked when he got the big United contract. I believe he drove a Bentley and wore fur coats. If we're going to even think about bringing him back I'd want to be sure he's purged all that nonsense out of his system. Lingard and :Pogba are gone...we don't need another headcase.

Manny

Grammar Police
:lol: feck no

Some of you lot would sign Robbie Savage if it meant you could boast about a new signing.

Orange Tree

So, when are we signing Lukaku back?

Depay has had his chance, let's move on.

House Mkhitaryan

Wasn't good enough when he was here before
Coming off poor season
Heading into downside of career (likely performance drop and little to no value in future)
Doesn't seem to fit ETH system

And, most importantly... why are we even considering helping Barca with their financial issues with what they are doing in regards to FDJ?

worldinmotion66

The idea that a player isn't good enough to return because he flopped when he was young is ridiculous. Zaha has gone on to be a good player, Pique didn't pull up any trees here, Lukaku went to Italy and flourished. Its a completely different situation and different environment. There's no reason he couldn't come back here and be a decent signing, especially given the low fee and lack of decent options on the market right now.

Stacks

The idea that a player isn't good enough to return because he flopped when he was young is ridiculous. Zaha has gone on to be a good player, Pique didn't pull up any trees here, Lukaku went to Italy and flourished. Its a completely different situation and different environment. There's no reason he couldn't come back here and be a decent signing, especially given the low fee and lack of decent options on the market right now.
he hasn't exactly "proved himself" in a top tier league since he left. I doubt he has even improved much. Pique was an academy player whose rout was blocked by 2 WC CB. Completely insane comparison. Zaha is still not good enough for us and neither is Lukaku hence why he is back on loan to Italy.

Ted Lasso

Not a bad price if true. I'd take him back. He's had a very decent season at Barca. He would fit ETHs style nicely too.

Ted Lasso

Because all they remember is his time with us and not his development at Lyon nor his time most recently with Barca.

copen1945

There was a short video of four Barca players in Miami having fun on the beach. A player who would join us for money, a player who is too interested in the show business part of football, a player whose supreme talent has been overshadowed by injuries, and a player whose supreme talent has been overshadowed by questions about his professionalism. A target rich environment, as one may say, for us.

lex talionis

Because all they remember is his time with us and not his development at Lyon nor his time most recently with Barca.
Pretty much this. There's no doubt he was shambolic at Old Trafford. The header back to the keeper that led to a goal conceded.

But since then he's been quite decent, if not highly impressive. Ronaldo wants out and we'll see whether he goes, but if he does go we'll need a CF. Some might argue we have Martial, so there's nothing to worry about, but the truth is that we can't count on Martial for an entire season.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I’d like United to take a punt on him too. Think he can become a top striker. But he’ll probably be too expensive for us in this window, especially if we’re still trying to sign Antony.
Not sure why Antony would be such a priority especially at the prices we are being quoted -- unless ETH wants to play him centrally. We do have RW options at the moment. But only one CF who has not had the best track record.

I’m loving my life

Why would we want this rubber Jonny ? You had your chance but you’re destined to be discarded like a used sheath in the gutter

Scholsey2004

As, a striker to compete with Martial yeah. I suspect Barca's valuation may be unrealistic though.

m1tch

If we're this worried about depth up front then we might as well first ask whether Ighalo is available again.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Wouldn’t mind him for a decent price. Absolutely can’t see it happening though

Status
Not open for further replies.