So bye-bye, Mr Memphis Depay
Drove Laporta to Santander
But the accounts were dry
Them good old Cules were eating paella and pie
Singing, "We'll be activating levers til we die"
We'll be activating levers til we die
This is brilliant :lol:

Stacks

Don’t think it would work out again but we’ve now got ten Hag.. he can make players much better.. he’d be cheap and add depth to the front line. He’s another left sided player though.. got tons of them. Need a left footed right winger to be honest.
what is the evidence of this?
That’s such a specific figure :lol:
I know :lol:. A cool 12 million and they're in. 12.25 and its a no.
Think people are mental to say no to this at 20 million, you would spend that money on some below average English player. Remember that we sold Dan James for more last year.

Depay is twice the player of James and I feel he has a point to prove if he ever came back. Not to mention, hes not having to deal with LVG terrible plays and Mourinho.
exactly. Premier league academies players who have never played went for combined 20 mill from City to the Saints
Because Depay is shite and we'd basically be paying ridiculous money for De Jong. Honestly it's getting to the stage where De Jong is subconsciously reaching levels for certain people that he is not. Let's not forget that this is a player that has a reputation based on what he did a number of years ago at Ajax. I just think we're getting took to the cleaners if we go down this road and once again have the desperate idiot image that we were apparently trying to rid ourselves of.

Think about it, were going to pay for a player that has flopped here and done jack shit since, just to buy another player. Some of you are so desperate for this shiny new toy that you're blind to the shit show it would be.
I agree

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
If we can get Frenkie over the line then I’m okay with this.

Rashford, Martial, Memphis, Sancho, and potentially the return of Greenwood seems like a good collection of forwards. Add one more left footed RW to the mix and then we have a perfect balanced forward squad.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
If we can get Frenkie over the line then I’m okay with this.

Rashford, Martial, Memphis, Sancho, and potentially the return of Greenwood seems like a good collection of forwards. Add one more left footed RW to the mix and then we have a perfect balanced forward squad.
Is there anything to suggest this is even an option? It doesn't sit right with me and many others I imagine. Personally I think if he gets away with it then he needs to leave the UK if he wants to keep playing.

I heard whispers a couple of months ago that quote "united are throwing a lot of money at the Greenwood case trying to make it go away. They think that if fans can forget what happened with Ronaldo then they will forget what Greenwood did in time"... :houllier: I hope it's not true. This was whilst Woodward was still in charge though, so wouldn't surprise me.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Is there anything to suggest this is even an option? It doesn't sit right with me and many others I imagine. Personally I think if he gets away with it then he needs to leave the UK if he wants to keep playing.

I heard whispers a couple of months ago that quote "united are throwing a lot of money at the Greenwood case trying to make it go away. They think that if fans can forget what happened with Ronaldo then they will forget what Greenwood did in time"... :houllier: I hope it's not true. This was whilst Woodward was still in charge though, so wouldn't surprise me.
Well the way people were talking about Bissouma and how desperate they wanted him at United even before his case finished leaves the future unclear.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Actually, no I wouldnt want him back. Not as someone involved in the FDJ transfer nor as a back-up to Martial or Ronalod.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Well the way people were talking about Bissouma and how desperate they wanted him at United even before his case finished leaves the future unclear.
I know what you're saying but I think what makes it harder for Greenwood is that we've all actually heard pretty convincing evidence. Even if by some technicality he gets away with it, I think we would all still know that he's probably guilty.

I just hope United don't go down this road, I really don't. One poster said that their brother asked Rangnick after a game if he'll be coming back and he said 'he's dead to the club' or something like that. I hope that is more in line with the truth.

Elcabron

If we are in the market to bring back ex players currently at their peak age then I would rather Zaha, only a year left on contract and we have a 20% sell on clause, I think, so should be available for similar money. I think he is a better player than Memphis.

AaronRedDevil

If we are in the market to bring back ex players currently at their peak age then I would rather Zaha, only a year left on contract and we have a 20% sell on clause, I think, so should be available for similar money. I think he is a better player than Memphis.
I like zaha. Always a threat in him.

Aeryis

Yay, another left winger! Don't you guys constantly make fun of Woodwards and his dumb friends for making dumb transfers? Watch the games. The lad can't play as a striker, even if he starts as a striker "on paper" he always ends up coming in from the left. Why do you think Barcelona abandoned the idea of playing him as a sole striker early on? Why do you think they signed Auba in Jan? He's another left winger, do you guys seriously think we need a 5th left winger in the squad? The second point, he's not good enough. He has barely started even when he's healthy throughout the entirety of last season. Why do you think Barcelona just revamped their entire front line in January and this summer? Because they can't trust players likevDepay for providing the goods. Not only are you guys okay with another left winger, you're okay with another mediocre one. Seriously, you all are so desperate to make this club into the next Everton with the amount of average signings you're all okay with.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Decent-ish squad player but wrong kind of personality. Do not want.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting

It's just so damn heartbreaking that this villain is so fecking talented. He used to be my favourite player... :(
I really, really miss him

JB7

I know what you're saying but I think what makes it harder for Greenwood is that we've all actually heard pretty convincing evidence. Even if by some technicality he gets away with it, I think we would all still know that he's probably guilty.

I just hope United don't go down this road, I really don't. One poster said that their brother asked Rangnick after a game if he'll be coming back and he said 'he's dead to the club' or something like that. I hope that is more in line with the truth.
He's not coming back and nor should he. It's astonishing people are continuing with this "if Greenwood comes back narrative".

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
As Mike said, don't want.

But is Antony actually better?

Lewnited

Is it compilation time yet?

Having followed him fairly closely since he left, I'm undecided on whether I'd take him as a rotational option. He's progressed in to a much better player over the last few years and is capable of pulling off some extraordinary passes, dead ball deliveries and shots. However I still think he'd have near enough the same issues now as he did in 2015.

For me, he can generally be quite 'messy' in open play. The kind of player that could give away the ball cheaply 2/3 times in a row, and follow that up with a 25 yard screamer. Considering you could say the same about Bruno and Rashford, I'm not sure we want another player like that. Though maybe having a clearly defined system like EtH does could alliviate that for him, as i suspect it will for Bruno and Rash.

Also, I'm amazed that still no one has told him that he needs to lose a bit of muscle. He somehow still looks far heavier than he needs to be.

Stacks

Tadic at Ajax, Haller at Ajax… going of pre season so far, martial, sancho… list could go on.
could it not be attributed to the league they went to? its the same with the Depay thing and Lukaku. Dudes leave the premier league and go to a "less taxing" league and show out then all of a sudden they are "dons". I dont see it like that

Guapa

If it helps get FDJ over the line then yes for squad depth/rotation but as a stand alone deal its a hard pass.

Moorhuhn

Tadic at Ajax, Haller at Ajax… going of pre season so far, martial, sancho… list could go on.
Tadic was that good even before, just didn't used in his favorite position.
But yes, in general, I think that ETH can improve play by playing on players strengths instead trying to fit them in any position that we are missing.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'd 100% have him back. He's a false 9 and that is how ten Hag wants to play his striker.
Same. I have to wonder what do these fans want that are turning their nose up to every player?

The striker depth is awful right now. Nunez went for 100m euros but people say he's rubbish. What else is left?

Memphis will be pretty cheap, he's got good experience and clearly loves the club. We could do a lot worse.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I’d have him at the rumoured fee, but doesn’t seem to be much concrete there.

After all, it wouldn’t be a transfer window for United if they didn’t sign someone who will inevitably just end up playing inside left.

Walters_19_MuFc

Same. I have to wonder what do these fans want that are turning their nose up to every player?

The striker depth is awful right now. Nunez went for 100m euros but people say he's rubbish. What else is left?

Memphis will be pretty cheap, he's got good experience and clearly loves the club. We could do a lot worse.
Fans will always turn up their nose, unfortunately.

The main thing for me is that ten Hag brings in a player that compliments the players around him.

Despite only pre season, we've seen how well Rashford and Sancho have linked up with Martial. Martial has been at the forefront of that because he's brilliant with his back to goal. Depay also excels with his back to goal, so if/when they have to rotate, there wouldn't be too much of a change in style.

Yes, Ronaldo will most likely score more goals than both of them, but we'd most likely struggle in our final third approach.

I've always likened it to how good we looked in the final third when Welbeck played up to, in comparison to Hernandez. Hernandez scored more and was more of a threat in front of goal, but Welbeck had the link play and we always seemed to play better with him up top.

Time will tell, but if you want a cheap, quick fix for a couple of seasons, then Depay would be a really sensible signing, in my opinion.

BarstoolProphet

Is it compilation time yet?

Having followed him fairly closely since he left, I'm undecided on whether I'd take him as a rotational option. He's progressed in to a much better player over the last few years and is capable of pulling off some extraordinary passes, dead ball deliveries and shots. However I still think he'd have near enough the same issues now as he did in 2015.

For me, he can generally be quite 'messy' in open play. The kind of player that could give away the ball cheaply 2/3 times in a row, and follow that up with a 25 yard screamer. Considering you could say the same about Bruno and Rashford, I'm not sure we want another player like that. Though maybe having a clearly defined system like EtH does could alliviate that for him, as i suspect it will for Bruno and Rash.

Also, I'm amazed that still no one has told him that he needs to lose a bit of muscle. He somehow still looks far heavier than he needs to be.
Not gonna lie, he looks amazing in that video :lol: Haven't really seen him since his United days and it was evident that he wasn't cut out for the winger role but he might be good as a striker (remember him playing there for us once and was impressive).

Status
Not open for further replies.