Memphis Depay / signed for Barca

Status
Not open for further replies.

HowYouDoin

25? Hahaaha thats a joke. Yet Grelish and Madisson would cost like what 70 mil. Ridiculous.

Eddy_JukeZ

I'm convinced at this point that Barcelona are just playing FM and making random transfers for the sake of it.

He literally doesn't fit their team if this is true.

ChaddyP

Since when are we starting transfer threads based on goal.com articles?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Keep Messi and sign Memphis. Messi will shouting at Memphis for too much touches and dribbles like how he does to Dembele & Fati.

dev1l

Are you absolutely sure? I think you also mentioned that recently but I’m sure it was just a buy-back.
Just a buy back clause ie united can buy him for a fixed fee but no % on transfer fee like that with Zaha

Suvvernmanc

Barca have a style of play, Memphis will not be anywhere near that style or level that barca have successfully applied for so long. This will backfire on Barca I think

hobbers

Another awful Barca signing.

Next on the list Joao Felix probably.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Good luck to him. Hope he does well

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
He’s a very good footballer and if played as a false 9/CF I think he could be a good signing.

He’s of course a level below Suarez but not many strikers around can match him.

Tiber

Always thought he was best as the big fish in a small pond

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What's all this nonsense about him not suiting them?

Barca literally play a dutch style of football and will now have a dutch manager. Memphis always plays well for the NT.

He will do well there.

mu4c_20le

Would be the second time he's getting a free ride to a big club because of the manager. I think he will be decent, but underwhelming

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I feel a bit sorry for Memphis.

He obviously isn't going reject the chance to move to a club like Barcelona but its a step too soon under a manager who will make him the main man and still end up not being good enough long term.

When you look at some of his interviews and hear how he talks in fascination of the current United first team and how he talks like he can fit in - it would have been a better move to come to us and possibly compete for a false 9 spot with Martial a bit less under pressure in comparison to a new Barcelona vs Koeman Vs Messi vs Greizmann vs bye bye Suarez vs the political leaders of the club.

Question marks are still there but he was clearly not used to his best here either.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I personally dont mind Depay but I feel,much like when he joined up with us, that the move will simply go to his head again.

izec

He will flop. Going to Barca right now as an attacker is just madness, especially if you aren't good enough for that level anyway. They will turn on him quickly.

Josh 76

This signing confirms Barcalona are finished and there golden era from 2006 - 2016 is over.
Just a shame it came when Utd were at their peak.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
I feel a bit sorry for Memphis.

He obviously isn't going reject the chance to move to a club like Barcelona but its a step too soon under a manager who will make him the main man and still end up not being good enough long term.

When you look at some of his interviews and hear how he talks in fascination of the current United first team and how he talks like he can fit in - it would have been a better move to come to us and possibly compete for a false 9 spot with Martial a bit less under pressure in comparison to a new Barcelona vs Koeman Vs Messi vs Greizmann vs bye bye Suarez vs the political leaders of the club.

Question marks are still there but he was clearly not used to his best here either.
He is 26. Its now or never. I cant see him being much of a success.

miked99

Can't believe Barcelona are signing him, he's nothing more than OK and I can't see him being a success there.

I thought he was gonna be great at OT but boy, was I wrong. I remember being at a home game against Sunderland. They were relegation fodder, as they always are, and we won 3-0. He scored a tap-in but my overriding memory of that game was watching him spend 90 minutes being completely unable to beat the Sunderland full-back. Supposed to be a winger yet he's bulked up like a wardrobe, with the mobility of one as well. He was just so slow, it was pitiful to be honest and it summed up his time at United. Yet every time we played a Europa League minnow or a lower league team he suddenly looked amazing. He's the kind of player who will look good in strong teams in softer leagues, but I'd be amazed if he does well.

Can't believe Barcelona are signing him, he's nothing more than OK and I can't see him being a success there.

I thought he was gonna be great at OT but boy, was I wrong. I remember being at a home game against Sunderland. They were relegation fodder, as they always are, and we won 3-0. He scored a tap-in but my overriding memory of that game was watching him spend 90 minutes being completely unable to beat the Sunderland full-back. Supposed to be a winger yet he's bulked up like a wardrobe, with the mobility of one as well. He was just so slow, it was pitiful to be honest and it summed up his time at United. Yet every time we played a Europa League minnow or a lower league team he suddenly looked amazing. He's the kind of player who will look good in strong teams in softer leagues, but I'd be amazed if he's a success there.
He’s basically Lukaku.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He is 26. Its now or never. I cant see him being much of a success.
I'm talking about Koeman. He will make Memphis the main man or too important but Koeman is rubbish anyway and will fail. Memphis will fail at Barcelona and Koeman isn't going to help him because I don't see Koeman as a success there.

Status
Not open for further replies.