Memphis Depay (stays)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabnub

If and when Ronaldo leaves we are hanging our season on Martial as our No 9 for the season...... Id take this version of Memphis over Martial any day of the week. He has matured greatly as his career has gone on. Also there would be obvioulsy something for hinm to prove second time around. i like how this signing shapes up to be honest.

Jacob

Would be typical of us to sign him and then lose him on a free wouldn't it?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
If and when Ronaldo leaves we are hanging our season on Martial as our No 9 for the season...... Id take this version of Memphis over Martial any day of the week. He has matured greatly as his career has gone on. Also there would be obvioulsy something for hinm to prove second time around. i like how this signing shapes up to be honest.
How ever bad a finisher you think Martial is, Depay is worse. And speaking of 2nd chances we gave Pogba a 2nd chance. How did that turn out?

Last edited:

meamth

As much as I hate cringe footballers, I think I would give him another chance here. Better than nothing.

RedorDead21

Abit like Zaha for me. Not good enough. Best to give someone else the chance to come and actually succeed.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Abit like Zaha for me. Not good enough. Best to give someone else the chance to come and actually succeed.
Someone like?

Think he will be great for Juventus, the league suits him. Juventus should try and get him and Vlahovic to work well up front together.

dinostar77

Depay is utter crap. Was awful when he was here. Juventus dont have buy some crap players some times.

Idxomer

Not seen anything of him since he left but his stint here would never have been a true reflection of his ability or for any attacking player considering the severe risk aversion football the previous mangers implemented.
That excuse doesn't work when a 19-year-old Martial scored 17 goals and had 11 assists in the same season he was brought in.

Last edited:

Depay is utter crap. Was awful when he was here. Juventus dont have buy some crap players some times.
He will do well in Italy. His pace and strength will let him bully opponents. Same as Lukaku.

RedorDead21

Someone like?

Think he will be great for Juventus, the league suits him. Juventus should try and get him and Vlahovic to work well up front together.
he may well be a success in that environment and hopefully he is. You say it like there are no other options.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
he may well be a success in that environment and hopefully he is. You say it like there are no other options.
I am curious to those options you are talking about.

I am not seeing any option who is clearly good enough, and affordable with the other holes in the squad that need to be adressed as priorities.

Whichever forward we get, will be quite a gamble I think, but maybe you think otherwise.

CatpissMartini

Do you currently hold the same feelings towards Sancho? both roughly bought at the same age, both played roughly the same about of games ,one cost 2x more

Depay is a good player, would rather him than Morata.

lsd

The Oracle
The excuse doesn't work when a 19-year-old Martial scored 17 goals and had 11 assists in the same season he was brought in.

You do know players are different and some will take longer than others to adapt

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I find it strange the reasoning for the anti Ronaldo crowd is work rate, yet Memphis is highly unpopular, while being one of the top forwards for distance covered and pressing in Europe.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I find it strange the reasoning for the anti Ronaldo crowd is work rate, yet Memphis is highly unpopular, while being one of the top forwards for distance covered and pressing in Europe.
Would work well in a EtH team

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I wonder what supposed attitutde problems they mean. As far as I can see from the outside, Memphis is a top professional.
He wants to be a starter. Juventus want a backup. If he's going to be a backup, he'd rather stay where he is unless the money is monstrous

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
If hes happy to come here and be on the bench, and Barca are happy to let him leave on a free / loan him out and pay half his wages... still no... because I want to see barca scrambling around for more levers to pull when they realise Kounde can leave for free

Teja

Think he's a better fit for Chelsea than Aubameyang.
I for one am glad they're intent on shooting themselves in the foot this window. Owner running negotiations, fired highly successful DOF / negotiator, missed out on Raphinha, Kounde and I forgot who else, about to overpay for Fofana and Auba and probably already overpaid for Cucurella.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I thought he was going to terminate his contract, so why would we offer them 10m? And no, it's not a workaround to pay for De Jongs deferred wages, because I know someone will say that. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.