Memphis Depay (stays)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cypriot

Definitely. His value is rumoured to be around £20M, he's still only 28 years old and is a very decent player. We need depth and I think ETH could get the best out of him. No brainer for me.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Okayish stop gap who can play across the front 4 if Ronaldo leaves. Wouldn’t be super averse to it, but I wouldn’t actively want us to sign him

BarstoolProphet

Only if it means FdJ is coming with him. If not, then it would be like signing Kleberson again.

Rolaholic

Would be cheap, versatile and he can actually press. I'd definitely sign him up if Ronaldo leaves.

ManRed

With our current lack of depth upfront, rumours of Ronaldo leaving I would be glad to get him here. If we can get him and FDJ, get rid of 5-6 players on loan/sale then it will be a great first window.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Wouldn't be overly against it.
He's certainly matured now and he'll get a better time of it here than he did with Louis.

stoinz

No thanks! Also I think if we get him we will probably end up losing Antony.

joedirt87

on one hand he would shine in Europa league, on the other he would be rubbish in the prem.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Better than nothing, but he's not that versatile. Ideally we need a left footed RW. Rashford can rotate up top with Martial, but we have nobody to rotate on the right.

Remember the geese

We definitely need competition for the right side. The left side is fine because although Sancho will play on the right this season, he is just as comfortable, if not more so, on the left. This means it isn't really an issue if Rashford is injured/out of form. The problem is that there is nobody of the required quality to come in and compete/fill in for Sancho on the right. I'm not so sure that Memphis is comfortable on the right. I believe he is better suited to the left and up top.

mu4c_20le

Defo not a winger, cant dribble cant run past people in the PL. But he can probably bang in a few up top

FatTails

We need depth, so if the 20m I’m reading here is accurate, why not? Not seeing many other decent options that are available for our attack on the cheap. Even names like Ivan Toney will be closer to 40m.

Raw

Wouldn't be completely against it. Like someone said before if those funds helped pay off Frenkie's wages and he comes along too, that'd be nice :angel:

InfiniteBoredom

Back up striker for Martial? Maybe yes. Although at that price we could probably do better and gamble on a younger prospect, who is an actual striker by trade.

As a wide forward, backup/competition for Rashford/Sancho? Feck no. He’s proven that he doesn’t have the pace or trickery to succeed there while he was here, and his Barca stint so far has done nothing to change that.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Honest question here… do we not have any youngsters ready to be involved in first Team Action?
In the forward position ? not yet. McNeil and Hugil are not ready to lead the line even as back-ups. They've got atleast another couples of years at reserve team level, imo.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
You'd play Depay as a forward or a false 9. Don't stick on on either wing. He's not capable of performer there now.

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
Squad needs depth. Would start with Martial but have Memphis as a backup if he costs around 15/20 mil. If this is needed to pull the FdJ deal over the line, PLEASE do it.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
If Ronaldo leaves, he should be on the list.

He's been injured quite a lot last season, so probably not my first choice and not worth a huge fee.

Trex

Squad needs depth. Would start with Martial but have Memphis as a backup if he costs around 15/20 mil. If this is needed to pull the FdJ deal over the line, PLEASE do it.
Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.