Memphis Depay (stays)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Zlatan is well liked by the general public in Holland. You should know this as a Feyenoord fan.

It's the attitude coupled with being black that gets on people's nerves.
I've personally found the average Dutchman's hatred for Memphis to strongly correlate with racist views. People like you and me think he's an idiot, but don't get roused up by his attitude.

If Memphis was white, he'd be considered a badass, like Zlatan.

Name me a black and opiniated person in Holland that is not deeply disliked. Even Gullit gets a lot of shit nowadays.
Zlatan (I know I started the comparison) is different in the fact that he is more self aware about it and clearly makes it a bit of an over the top act. I wouldn't really call Memphis opiniated really, just a made up character. As I mentioned, Noa Long isn't black, acts exactly like Memphis and is slated for it. Though I have to concede that racists hate Noa Lang because he has that weird adopted accent.

Bottom line, I'm sure racism is also involved, it's just mostly his attitude I think.

As for a well like opiniated black man. It's a sad fact I cannot think of any. Or that I can't think of a prominent black politician / talkshow host / TV presenter from the top of my head.

OverratedOpinion

Zlatan (I know I started the comparison) is different in the fact that he is more self aware about it and clearly makes it a bit of an over the top act. I wouldn't really call Memphis opiniated really, just a made up character. As I mentioned, Noa Long isn't black, acts exactly like Memphis and is slated for it. Though I have to concede that racists hate Noa Lang because he has that weird adopted accent.

Bottom line, I'm sure racism is also involved, it's just mostly his attitude I think.

As for a well like opiniated black man. It's a sad fact I cannot think of any. Or that I can't think of a prominent black politician / talkshow host / TV presenter from the top of my head.
Probably also helps that Zlatan is a much, much better player too.

Betson

Looked completely out of his depth in his first spell here , he has improved but not that much I think to make it in the premier league as a regular starter.

Would be an underwhelming signing.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
There will be lots of clubs interested in his service if he can leave Barcelona for free.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
That obviously wont happen this summer. He's not a big earner as some have claimed. I'd be amazed if he goes for under 20m euro.
He joined Barcelona on a free transfer and now he is no longer wanted there. So I hope he can leave for free as well, and pick a club he likes to join.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Unless it’s to make the FdJ deal happen, we shouldn’t be putting a single penny into these cnuts pockets.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He joined Barcelona on a free transfer and now he is no longer wanted there. So I hope he can leave for free as well, and pick a club he likes to join.
All I'm saying is, it likely won't happen.

His wages aren't detrimental to the club, which is usually the case when such a thing happens.

Woziak

We arranged a sell on clause on Memphis, never received a penny because he left on a free, then some united fans want us to buy him back from Barcelona of all trans for €20m at the age of 28/29. Why are we even wasting a thread about Memphis, he’s not coming to united, nothing to see here, move on.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
He is a giant turtle, these days… isn’t he?

Panfc

No. We need players that make the team better. No players needed for the width of the team. Besides that, we need a central defender and a defensive midfielder. And yes, I know we bought Martinez, but I don’t think he’s good enough.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

On a free transfer I wouldn't say no tbh

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
He’ll go to Juve, but I’d take him on a free without doubt.

I also suspect that the club will be called incompetent at some point this season for not signing him on a free when he’s banging them in at Juve

Aeryis

I don't know why people are on this "depth" signing business. We are already have squad level players in the front 3; Rashford and Martial. The jury's still out on Sancho, but based on his Dortmund years he's starter quality. The next right footed, left inside forward we should bring should be a player that drastically improves the front line. Not another mediocre player that wouldn't start for any other top team in Europe. He can't play as a striker. His lack of ability there is the reason why Barcelona signed Auba in January. Even Auba isn't good enough as the only leading striker, so they've reinforced that area even more with Lewa. He's not good enough as a striker. Why do you want to take on other club's rejects? Why would you want the 5th right footed left winger in the squad? Especially one that isn't even close to being world class. It makes no sense.

It's like some of you guys are really desperate to turn us into Everton.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
He’ll go to Juve, but I’d take him on a free without doubt.

I also suspect that the club will be called incompetent at some point this season for not signing him on a free when he’s banging them in at Juve
Lukaku will be banging them in for Inter again. It's Serie A.

Superunknown

I didn't pay much attention to him at Barcelona, so don't really know too much of how he did there. But, looking at his stats at PSV and Lyon, they're pretty decent. I think a move back to either France or a step to Italy would be a good move for him. Can't see him going back to the Netherlands, but think Italy makes a lot of sense. I don't think he fits the profile of what we're looking for at United.

lex talionis

Based on the last two seasons' performances Memphis would easily get the start over Rashford.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Honestly wouldn’t be shocked if we made a move for him if these Auba links don’t pan out.

saik

Would much rather get this guy back if our other alternative is fecking Arnautovic. Does he not want to come or is there anything else stopping him from coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.