MEN: Carrick and McKenna next in line for contract extensions

dove

Well deserved. The progress we make is unbelievable.

EtH

Nice to see the club being proactive.

Skills

Snitch
Heard Madrid have been sniffing around. Glad to get them all tied up

Dr. StrangeHate

May be this is all a scheme to launder money when the whole managerial staff leaves this season.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I know its not really the done thing in football, but I think we should offer all supporters a 48 hour 'change your team' amnesty. Anyone who wants to go, can go, no questions asked.

CM10

Doubling down when you're not playing well or getting results. The compensation figures will be interesting when the inevitable happens.

Ixion

Continuing the trend of rewarding mediocrity.

Deery

Dreary
I think this is great news Carrick and McKenna will prove to be great coaches two United men..

ZupZup

I know its not really the done thing in football, but I think we should offer all supporters a 48 hour 'change your team' amnesty. Anyone who wants to go, can go, no questions asked.
That amnesty window is always open... fans can switch allegiances whenever they like. You'd look a bit of a tit... but most people on here manage to do that just fine already.

largelyworried

Same story with Ole and Phelan. Whatever the shortcomings of our management team, leaving them to dangle doesn't help us at all. Targets for the season haven’t changed.

Sviken

Jesus Christ, this club. I don't even know what to say.

Same story with Ole and Phelan. Whatever the shortcomings of our management team, leaving them to dangle doesn't help us at all. Targets for the season haven’t changed.
Oh yes, because Real Madrid and Bayern are just looking to poach from us Carrick, McKenna and Phelan at the slightest opportunity...

RedDevilRoshi

Ole signed a contract extension in the summer
Phelan on Monday
Now both Carrick & McKenna are next in line for new deals

The board ain’t going to be sacking Ole & his backroom staff anytime soon

Shark

@NotShark
I'm honestly sort of understanding why some posters are just unconditionally supporting Solskjaer and his staff now. They're going nowhere unless we go on a seriously horrific run and with the squad we have that ain't happening. Strap in lads....

RUCK4444

There is only Plan A. If you have a Plan B then you aren't fully focussed on Plan A.

In these uncertain times it's just a case of letting the playing staff and fans know that these guys are here to stay (even if it doesn't end up being as long as some may fear here.) It creates a balance and a calm in the ranks, uncertainty breads fear.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Sorry for you guys. Sure they’re okay coaches but there’s got to be better than Phelan, Carrick and McKenna as a set, with Ole leading them. There was no need at all to extend Ole. Spend the summer budget and make him perform in his last year, or at the most give him a one year rolling extension.

I think looking for “long term” managers is a bit daft at the biggest clubs. A properly run United would always be in a stronger position when looking for a coach and wouldn’t really lose out with shorter contracts. There’s exceptions like Nagelsmann who’s worth 5 years anywhere but how Ole is, I don’t know. When you’re forced into sacking him he’s going to get paid out very nicely. He must have been getting close to f’all at Molde as well.