MEN: Cristiano Ronaldo holding the Manchester United dressing room together as players question Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Deery

Dreary
You're and tbh I don't think it's a bad thing so I don't understand why you're angry. Why you have to deny you're one of his fanboies? You think being his fanboy is a bad thing?

You know, if you disagree with me you shoud attack my post, instead of insulting me. And make up things. That's exactly why I've never quoted you before despite seeing you everywhere defending Ronaldo. It's pointless and it's not how civilized men supposed to have a discussion.

I've reported you for insulting another poster and of course, put you on ignored, which tbh I rarely had ever to do here. Maybe twice, you should be proud.
Not how civilised men behave after you patronised me and called me a liar?

You did the same shite yesterday with Scarlett your nothing but a wee weasel and I’m happy you have me on ignore.

matsdf

He's 36 and the game was lost.

If that's not a game where he should come off then what game is.
Maybe because there's only three subs in the PL? Greenwood was taken of at halftime, Rashford had a knock the prior week and I guess Bruno needed rest just as much as Ronaldo did. If Ole could of subbed Ronaldo he probably would.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
What’s shocking is you think playing a kid learning his trade to lead the line over the course of a season is a good idea rather than someone who scored 29 league goals last season.

How do you think you beat low block? By getting in behind them and poaching goals in the six yard box or with a header in a packed box.

Haaland can have his choice of clubs and I’ve never heard of him mention United, I have however seen him visit Real Madrid and Barcelona. We can’t pin our hopes on a pipe dream we needed to address the here and now.
Ronaldo was never a central striker able to play by himself though and he also needed a strike partner so?

Let Greenwood learn than Ronaldo at 36.

You got your post wrong anyway. Greenwood a natural striker and started the season well scoring goals with also players like Pogba assisting 7 goals in 2 or 3 matches.

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
Do you think clubs put up a big sign for every player they try to sign?
This is a bit of an odd way to talk about a guy you have no interest in signing though...

Don't think anyone outside of yourself cares about that.
He made the clear point that Ronaldo could go where he wanted . . but he carefully avoided saying that City would or wouldn’t bid for him and, as you yourself will admit, Ronaldo wouldn’t function in City side because they play in a manner and make demands of their players that are the polar opposite of what Ronaldo needs to function.
And if you want to believe that City were desperate for Ronaldo and that your offer of stupendous wages stole him away from a blue shirt then fine do that. I don’t mind people having a different opinion to me, I’m not here to change the way the world thinks. But I truly believe that you’ll only end up sorrowful when it dawns on you that, if that outlandish situation actually occurred then City dodged a bullet.

Think about who benefitted from Ronaldo joining Utd.

1. Well City must be pretty chuffed because their closest rivals from last season had a summer window to buy a sweeper keeper and a couple of midfield workhorses to transform their star studded squad into a unit fit to play modern high press football and they bought a 36yo who demands to start every game and who wouldn’t run for the last bus.

2. Jorge Mendes will have received a £multimillion payment for arranging the move (probably 1 each )from both Juve & Utd) so he’ll be wagging his tail like a dog with two dicks.

3. The Glazers are not cash rich, they’re in hock to the banks for billions and their mall empire is in ruins due to the shift to online shopping, so they’re trying to expand their sports business to gain assets that are profitable into the future. Now that’s hard to do without some ready cash and they and Ed Woodward (an investment banker, not a football man at all) could clearly see that buying a world famous sporting celebrity like Ronaldo would boost the Utd share price. Thus they started their manoeuvre to convert and sell some of their shares and got it all in place ready for the share price rise.
The share price got the boost they anticipated and, as they had used their foreknowledge to have their share sale set to launch, they made many £millions from their sale and the share price slumped back to it’s former level.
So the Glazers are now buying an Indian Cricket Club and they’ve got the money to do that because Utd bought Ronaldo - the Glazers will be very chuffed.

4. Ed Woodward is leaving Utd, he’s already earns a mint by managing the Glazers bank funded purchase of Utd and this was another great pay day for him - The Glazers got what they wanted and Ed will be chuffed because his final annual bonus will be huge this year.

5. Ronaldo will be well chuffed also. Man Utd are a massive brand (a huge reputations uplift on Juve) and CR7 working with Utd will bring him additional £millions. On top of that he’s past his best but getting paid more from Utd than he’s ever got elsewhere.

6. Juventus will be uber chuffed. They’ve been relieved of the burden of Ronaldo’s massive salary and, without a static No.9 they can now modernise the way they play.

So everyone’s happy.
Employing Ronaldo has bought joy to many but what about how you fit a bloke who won’t run into a team that already has a number of players who don’t press well? It stops any notion of Utd playing modern expansive football dead in it’s tracks and, against the better sides, you’re now stuck with a low block and hoof-ball counters.

7. If hoof ball pleases you then you might well be chuffed too. are you chuffed? Is a Player like Ronaldo what you wanted your club to buy so that you could play beautiful glowing football? Maybe not but you’re a Ronaldo fan so I’ll count you as being chuffed as you’d never admit otherwise.

8. Me, well I’m chuffed on one hand, because Utd have effectively sacked the bloke who’s job was to polish their trophies but, on the other hand it’s not good for the Manchester brand that we share.
Of course I always want City to do better than Utd, (I’m a City fan innit) but I also want Utd up at the top above dippers and the London clubs. I like the notion of Manchester being the footballing powerhouse of Europe and the world.
It doesn’t benefit me that Mendes, Ronaldo, the Glazers, Ed Woodward and Juventus have profited from their manipulation of the masses.
Though I do take some small comfort in Utd not modernising their play, as it means that City v Utd will remain akin to Sugar Ray v Duran (a stylist v a brawler).

As a post note I must add that, while I think Ronaldo has not been bought for footballing reasons, I also think you can be quite successful with Ronaldo up top if you play a low block and hoof-ball. I don’t think you’ll win any pots but you’ll get some punchers results because you’ve got some top top quality players in your expensively assembled squad and a number of them have it in them to produce game winning magic.
I’m also pleased, in some ways, to see Ronaldo play for a club in the PL (and it just had to be Utd if he did).
He’s had a brilliant career, he’s one of the best players every to grace the turf and he can still score for fun if you give him the ball, where he’s standing on the edge of the box, and I’m sure that I’ll see him do that many times this season.

While the vast majority of the posters in this forum are knowledgeable, reasonable posters who are happy to consider honest opinions and chew the fat at leisure, I’ve had some bitterly vitriolic responses to my being honest on this topic. Mainly, I think, because I put my views in the capacity of a supporter of a rival club and, of course, at the center of the topic is a sporting legend that the CR7 fan club can get a tad overly protective about.
All I ask is that you read what I write as a football supporter. Take the red tints off and you’ll see that I’m not having a pop at anyone and generally giving an opinion that many seasoned Utd supporters agree with in whole or in part.
That same newbie City fan you're referring to made this post:

He knew exactly how it would be recieved by the United fans on here. He got exactly what he wanted.

I'm sure getting a couple of United to support him was a sweet little bonus though.
It’s fine that you don’t entirely agree with some of my opinions, it’s a forum and forums are all about people giving opinions, and often debating them, but you throwing abuse at me isn’t fine.
It says much more about you as a person than it does of me and it shows you in a pitifully bad light because it only be because you‘re full of hate and don’t have a reasonable counter argument.

The really good thing is that you’re in a very small minority on here because this is an excellent forum, most members are reasonable folk who like to discuss football matters and who welcome the widest of opinions to inform the debate and people with social issues get called out for what they are.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
He didnt sign up for this :(
Why are so many posts like that basically defending ROnaldo, it's like people support him more than the club. He's once been an amazing player for us and deserves all the credit but right now is just a shade of himself and making a bit more trouble than we expected, Unless he's used properly, rather than play 90 minutes every game including pointless games against Gibraltar, he will be a trouble for us. And fair play to him if he stands behind the manager, any decent man should do it, until things inevitably change.

However this "leaks" are usually speculations and stories made out of nothing. Any so called journalist can come with a story like that, so clickbaity and desperate to get some revenue from ads it pains, but journalism in the UK is one of the worst in the world in terms of ethics and proffessionalism and with the extreeme media power these days I am not surprised people believe just every little shit they make up.

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
Do you think clubs put up a big sign for every player they try to sign?
This is a bit of an odd way to talk about a guy you have no interest in signing though...

Don't think anyone outside of yourself cares about that.
He made the clear point that Ronaldo could go where he wanted (watch his interviews and you’ll see that he always praises everyone) but you’ll note that he carefully avoided saying that City would or wouldn’t bid for him and, as you yourself will admit, Ronaldo wouldn’t function in City side because they play in a manner and make demands of their players that are the polar opposite of what Ronaldo has to offer.

And if you want to believe that City were desperate for Ronaldo and that your offer of stupendous wages stole him away from a blue shirt then fine think that. I don’t mind people having a different opinion to me, I’m not here to change the way the world thinks. But I truly believe that you’ll only end up sorrowful when it dawns on you that, if that outlandish situation actually occurred then City dodged a bullet.

1. Well City must be pretty chuffed because their closest rivals from last season had a summer window to buy a sweeper keeper and a couple of midfield workhorses to transform their star studded squad into a unit fit to play modern high press football and they bought a 36yo who demands to start every game and who won’t run for the last bus.

2. Jorge Mendes will have received a £multimillion payment for arranging the move (probably 1 each from both Juve & Utd) so he’ll be wagging his tail like a dog with two dicks.

3. The Glazers are not cash rich, they’re in hock to the banks for billions and their mall empire is in ruins due to the shift to online shopping, so they’re trying to expand their sports empire to gain assets that are profitable into the future. Now that’s hard to do without some ready cash and they and Ed Woodward (an investment banker who organised the leveraged buy-out of your club and not a football man at all) could clearly see that buying a world famous sporting celebrity like Ronaldo would boost the Utd share price. Thus they started their manoeuvre to convert and sell some of their shares and got it all in place ready for the share price rise.

The share price got the boost they anticipated and, as they had used their foreknowledge to have their share sale set to launch, they made many £millions from their sale and the share price then predictably slumped back to it’s former level.

So the Glazers are now buying an Indian Cricket Club and they’ve got the money to do that because Utd bought Ronaldo - the Glazers will be very chuffed that they’re effectively manipulated Utd into buying them a new asset.

4. Ed Woodward is leaving Utd, he’s already earned an absolute mint by managing the Glazers bank funded purchase of Utd and this was another great pay day for him - The Glazers got what they wanted and Ed will be chuffed because his final annual bonus will be huge this year.

5. Ronaldo will be well chuffed also. Man Utd are a massive brand (a huge reputation and profile uplift on Juve) and CR7 working with Utd will bring him additional £millions. On top of that, he’s certainly not daft, he knows that he’s past his best but is now getting paid more from Utd than he’s ever got elsewhere.

6. Juventus will be uber chuffed. They’ve been relieved of the burden of Ronaldo’s massive salary and, without a static No.9 they can now modernise the way they play.

So everyone’s happy.

Employing Ronaldo has bought joy to many but what about how you fit a bloke who won’t run into a team that already has a number of players who don’t press well? It stops any notion of Utd playing modern expansive football dead in it’s tracks and, against the better sides, you’re now stuck with a low block and hoof-ball counters (which I openly concede, you can be very very good at).

7. If hoof ball pleases you then you might well be chuffed too. are you chuffed? Is a Player like Ronaldo what you wanted your club to buy so that you could play beautiful flowing football?
Maybe not but you’re a Ronaldo fan so I’ll count you as being chuffed as you’d never admit otherwise.

8. Me? Well I’m chuffed on one hand, because Utd have effectively sacked the bloke who’s job was to polish their trophies but, on the other hand it’s not good for the Manchester brand that we share.

Of course I always want City to do better than Utd, (I’m a City fan innit) but I also want Utd up at the top above the dirty dippers and the London clubs. I like the notion of Manchester being the footballing powerhouse of Europe and the world and a lot of United supporters want that too.

It doesn’t benefit me that Mendes, Ronaldo, the Glazers, Ed Woodward and Juventus have profited from their manipulation of the masses.
Though I can salvage some small comfort in Utd not modernising their play, as it means that City v Utd will remain akin to Sugar Ray v Duran (a stylist v a brawler).

As a post note I must add that, while I think Ronaldo has not been bought for footballing reasons, I also think you can be quite successful with Ronaldo up top if you‘re happy to play a low block and hoof-ball.
I don’t think you’ll win any pots but do think that you’ll get lots of punchers results because you’ve got some top top quality players in your expensively assembled squad and a number of them have it in them to produce game winning magic.

I’m also pleased, in some ways, to see Ronaldo play for a club in the PL - and it just had to be Utd if he did, didn’t it?

He’s had a brilliant career, he’s one of the best players every to grace the turf and he can still score for fun if you give him the ball, where he’s standing, on the edge of the box, and I’m sure that I’ll see him do that many times again this season.

Further to the above; While the vast majority of the posters in this forum are knowledgeable, reasonable posters who are happy to consider honest opinions and chew the fat at leisure, I’ve had some bitterly vitriolic responses to my being honest on this topic.
Mainly, I think, because I put my views in the capacity of a supporter of a rival club and, of course, at the center of the topic is a sporting legend that the CR7 fan club can get a tad overly protective about.

All I ask is that you read what I write as a football supporter. Take the red tints off and you’ll see that I’m not having a pop at anyone and generally giving an opinion that many seasoned Utd supporters agree with in whole or in part.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He made the clear point that Ronaldo could go where he wanted . . but he carefully avoided saying that City would or wouldn’t bid for him and, as you yourself will admit, Ronaldo wouldn’t function in City side because they play in a manner and make demands of their players that are the polar opposite of what Ronaldo needs to function.
And if you want to believe that City were desperate for Ronaldo and that your offer of stupendous wages stole him away from a blue shirt then fine do that. I don’t mind people having a different opinion to me, I’m not here to change the way the world thinks. But I truly believe that you’ll only end up sorrowful when it dawns on you that, if that outlandish situation actually occurred then City dodged a bullet.

1. Well City must be pretty chuffed because their closest rivals from last season had a summer window to buy a sweeper keeper and a couple of midfield workhorses to transform their star studded squad into a unit fit to play modern high press football and they bought a 36yo who demands to start every game and who wouldn’t run for the last bus.

2. Jorge Mendes will have received a £multimillion payment for arranging the move (probably 1 each )from both Juve & Utd) so he’ll be wagging his tail like a dog with two dicks.

3. The Glazers are not cash rich, they’re in hock to the banks for billions and their mall empire is in ruins due to the shift to online shopping, so they’re trying to expand their sports business to gain assets that are profitable into the future. Now that’s hard to do without some ready cash and they and Ed Woodward (an investment banker, not a football man at all) could clearly see that buying a world famous sporting celebrity like Ronaldo would boost the Utd share price. Thus they started their manoeuvre to convert and sell some of their shares and got it all in place ready for the share price rise.
The share price got the boost they anticipated and, as they had used their foreknowledge to have their share sale set to launch, they made many £millions from their sale and the share price slumped back to it’s former level.
So the Glazers are now buying an Indian Cricket Club and they’ve got the money to do that because Utd bought Ronaldo - the Glazers will be very chuffed.

4. Ed Woodward is leaving Utd, he’s already earns a mint by managing the Glazers bank funded purchase of Utd and this was another great pay day for him - The Glazers got what they wanted and Ed will be chuffed because his final annual bonus will be huge this year.

5. Ronaldo will be well chuffed also. Man Utd are a massive brand (a huge reputations uplift on Juve) and CR7 working with Utd will bring him additional £millions. On top of that he’s past his best but getting paid more from Utd than he’s ever got elsewhere.

So everyone’s happy.
Employing Ronaldo has bought joy to many but what about how you fit a bloke who won’t run into a team that already has a number of players who don’t press well? It stops any notion of Utd playing modern expansive football dead in it’s tracks and, against the better sides, you’re now stuck with a low block and hoof-ball counters.

7. If hoof ball pleases you then you might well be chuffed too. are you chuffed? Is a Player like Ronaldo what you wanted your club to buy so that you could play beautiful glowing football? Maybe not but you’re a Ronaldo fan so I’ll count you as being chuffed as you’d never admit otherwise.

8. Me, well I’m chuffed on one hand, because Utd have effectively sacked the bloke who’s job was to polish their trophies but, on the other hand it’s not good for the Manchester brand that we share.
Of course I always want City to do better than Utd, (I’m a City fan innit) but I also want Utd up at the top above dippers and the London clubs. I like the notion of Manchester being the footballing powerhouse of Europe and the world.
Though I do take some small comfort in Utd not modernising their play, as it means that City v Utd will remain akin to Sugar Ray v Duran (a stylist v a brawler).

As a post note I must add that, while I think Ronaldo has not been bought for footballing reasons, I also think you can be quite successful with Ronaldo up top if you play a low block and hoof-ball. I don’t think you’ll win any pots but you’ll get some punchers results because you’ve got some top top quality players in your expensively assembled squad and a number of them have it in them to produce game winning magic.
I’m also pleased, in some ways, to see Ronaldo play for a club in the PL (and it just had to be Utd if he did).
He’s had a brilliant career, he’s one of the best players every to grace the turf and he can still score for fun if you give him the ball, where he’s standing on the edge of the box, and I’m sure that I’ll see him do that many times this season.

While the vast majority of the posters in this forum are knowledgeable, reasonable posters who are happy to consider honest opinions and chew the fat at leisure, I’ve had some bitterly vitriolic responses to my being honest on this topic. Mainly, I think, because I put my views in the capacity of a supporter of a rival club and, of course, at the center of the topic is a sporting legend that the CR7 fan club can get a tad overly protective about.

It’s fine that you don’t entirely agree with some of my opinions, it’s a forum and forums are all about people giving opinions, and often debating them, but you throwing abuse at me isn’t fine.
It says much more about you as a person than it does of me and it shows you in a pitifully bad light because it only be because you‘re full of hate and don’t have a reasonable counter argument.

The really good thing is that you’re in a very small minority on here because this is an excellent forum, most members are reasonable folk who like to discuss football matters and who welcome the widest of opinions to inform the debate and people with social issues get called out for what they are.
He states that any deal is far far away and Ronaldo would choose his destination, not that there wasn't any interest. Again, it's not how you talk about someone who is being linked to your club by an agent just to garner interest. It was widely known that City wanted him, very weird thing to even deny.
What fans think about how a player will fit in or whether or not they are needed does not matter.

The rest of your post is some trashy attempt to wind people up, not worth my time.
"We're all too good for a banana"

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

So everyone’s happy.

I skimmed this as I'm too lazy to read a post of that length in full. Honesty is important.

The main point I picked up on was thus: a rival fan going to such lengths to prove his club weren't interested in Ronaldo is most likely false, blind to the truth. United are a more attractive proposition than City because they're a bigger club with a considerably more prestigious history. United are better City in other words.

That's just my humble opinion. Less on the humble if I'm being honest.

Also I hate you.

Relevant

Ole has got to go. Think he's always been a puppet, really, and never one who was going to upset the applecart. Needs to be stronger with players and crucially those above him.

If he was, I think he would have objected to the return of Ronaldo, as not being what we required at the start of the season.

What surprises me are posters defending Ronaldo with the following arguments

1) we were always shit at pressing anyway

2) Ronaldo has never pressed

Ok....so Why oh Why did we sign Ronaldo if by doing so it would make our shit pressing 10 times worse than it already was, and our approach totally out of sync with the other top SUCCESSFUL clubs in the premier League?

Moving on from the pressing or not disagreements, do we play with ten men normally ?

Could it be argued that with a central striker OTHER than Ronaldo we would still have beaten Atalanta and Villarreal?

It's like everyone is going thank God for CR7! Without him we'd be even more fecked (cos no one else in the known universe can score goals against the mighty defences of VillafeckinReal and an Atlanta team missing most of their regulars)

What about Danny Ings? Callum Wilson?

As you can see I'm not even talking top shelf here, (obviously) but in terms of on the pitch production I'd argue that either of these players could be a better fit than Cristiano Ronaldo. And with much, much less baggage...

Unless you DO want an actual circus, and not one of the biggest football clubs on the planet, you know, actually winning trophies and shit.

We had a great transfer window....... until we undid it all with the last minute romantic signing of a former great.

A former great who could (and did) do it all but now represents the past, when we were already represented by the past in the form of a great servant as a player, who has sadly proved unable to recreate the glory days as a manager.

What was the PLAN?

What was the STRATEGY?

I'd love someone to argue that we'd been scouting Ronaldo for months, for a year, confident in the knowledge that he'd be the missing piece in the jigsaw to vault us over City after our second place finish last year.

Hands up, in all honesty, those who thought Ronaldo was the answer BEFORE he was linked to us?

Any posts to back these claims up would be greatly appreciated.......

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
He states that any deal is far far away and Ronaldo would choose his destination, not that there wasn't any interest. Again, it's not how you talk about someone who is being linked to your club by an agent just to garner interest. It was widely known that City wanted him, very weird thing to even deny.
What fans think about how a player will fit in or whether or not they are needed does not matter.

The rest of your post is some trashy attempt to wind people up, not worth my time.
"We're all too good for a banana"
I’ve made it crystal clear that I have respect for Ronaldo as a man / as a player, I have respect for the majority of Utd supporters (all clubs have a few nobs in their support and it’s just the same at City) and I have respect for Utd’s achievements.

Beyond that I’ve given my opinion on a situation, it’s an opinion that I don’t need you to agree with and you’ve responded by being intentionally obtuse because you don’t have a logical argument against it and I’m a City supporter on a United forum, which seemingly offends you.
If you’d like to actually discuss the topic rather than bringing obfuscation to the table then feel free to PM me with your thoughts and I’ll be glad to discuss. You may have some sense behind the noises you’re making and I’m always keen to learn.

In the interim, best to keep it off here so that the good folk who want to read tangible discussion will be getting bored of you harrying me by now eh?

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
I skimmed this as I'm too lazy to read a post of that length in full. Honesty is important.

The main point I picked up on was thus: a rival fan going to such lengths to prove his club weren't interested in Ronaldo is most likely false, blind to the truth. United are a more attractive proposition than City because they're a bigger club with a considerably more prestigious history. United are better City in other words.

That's just my humble opinion. Less on the humble if I'm being honest.

Also I hate you.
Well I don’t agree but I’m happy to differ. I just wish you had to ability to set out a counter argument rather than spit bile.

As it happens, I try to be a reasonable person and it sounds like you’re a very sad bloke who’s going through a tough patch in life so I’ll forgive you for hating me. Hate doesn’t help any situation and I honestly hope that you’re feeling better soon.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Well I don’t agree but I’m happy to differ. I just wish you had to ability to set out a counter argument rather than spit bile.

As it happens, I try to be a reasonable person and it sounds like you’re a very sad bloke who’s going through a tough patch in life so I’ll forgive you for hating me. Hate doesn’t help any situation and I honestly hope that you’re feeling better soon.
Dude.

I don't really hate you :lol:

sebsheep

I’ve made it crystal clear that I have respect for Ronaldo as a man / as a player, I have respect for the majority of Utd supporters (all clubs have a few nobs in their support and it’s just the same at City) and I have respect for Utd’s achievements.

Beyond that I’ve given my opinion on a situation, it’s an opinion that I don’t need you to agree with and you’ve responded by being intentionally obtuse because you don’t have a logical argument against it and I’m a City supporter on a United forum, which seemingly offends you.
If you’d like to actually discuss the topic rather than bringing obfuscation to the table then feel free to PM me with your thoughts and I’ll be glad to discuss. You may have some sense behind the noises you’re making and I’m always keen to learn.

In the interim, best to keep it off here so that the good folk who want to read tangible discussion will be getting bored of you harrying me by now eh?
Being a WUM doesn't really work when the other person knows you're doing it.

These words are irrelevant here, as are most of the things you've thrown in to your posts but there you go.

RT does really hate you though.

Sviken

It's even funny because City fans were ecstatic at the thought of Ronaldo. They were celebrating like it was Christmas on Bluemoon. Only after he came here he suddenly became a "shit player they didn't even want anyway". They're still very small time mentality club, despite the lottery they've won.
He must be dreading the idea that Conte could replace Ole, so would make sense.
Conte is a vastly different manager from Allegri. He'd love Ronaldo, who is more or less, built for a Conte team.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

These words are irrelevant here, as are most of the things you've thrown in to your posts but there you go.

You see, I created a visual image of our new City friend in my head, and I won't lie, It wasn't a pretty sight. I'm reluctant to go into too much detail, but the image did contain a multi-coloured shellsuit, a racoon tail hat and sideburns for freaking DAYS. I immediately disliked him, obviously.

But that's all in the past. We're close buds now.

hobbers

You see, I created a visual image of our new City friend in my head, and I won't lie, It wasn't a pretty sight. I'm reluctant to go into too much detail, but the image did contain a multi-coloured shellsuit, a racoon tail hat and sideburns for freaking DAYS. I immediately disliked him, obviously.

Said the wolf to the sheep.

steffyr2

United's biggest problem is not lack of tactics or coaching. That's something the right people can come in and sort whether its experienced coaches or a manager who knows tactics. Our biggest problem is that Ole had built a severely unbalanced side filled with prima donnas who simply refuse to be benched. Coupled to Manchester United's inability to sell players and its the perfect storm. All those involved in transfers should shoulder responsibility for that. No wonder why they are shitting in their pants at the thought of bringing Conte in. The guy would expose them as the frauds that they are and will expect them to sort their own mess.
Name them --
McGuire?
Shaw?
DDG?
who else?
Oops. I forgot Bruno.

HerbT

Supports
man city fc

:) Yes, I got that vibe but he sounds like a troubled lad and I guess he’d be a lovely bloke if ever I met him.

Too many people use the haven of life behind a keyboard as a safe place to be aggressive in a way they’d never dare in the real world.
IMO The proof of that, is that for all the aggressive people you come across on forums, there are surprisingly few badly broken noses on view in public.
Me, well I’m a practicing pacifist, I’ve not quite got it nailed down fully as yet, but I try, inasmuch as I can, to wear that badge in all my doings.

BTW for all you taking me wrong, you’ve got a edge of alright about you and you do come across as a decent bloke.

sebsheep

:lol:
Said the wolf to the sheep.
:lol:

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
Dude.

I don't really hate you :lol:
Your mate says otherwise but I’m more than happy to take your word for that.
If we got cut up about footie opinions on a fans forum then how the hell could we cope with the real world eh?

LoneStar

Why? Conte is a far better and adapting coach. I'm sure he would put him in a role better suited to him, instead of the no man's land he is currently being asked to play in.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Name them --
McGuire?
Shaw?
DDG?
who else?
Oops. I forgot Bruno.
I was thinking more in the lines of Bruno, Pogba, Ronaldo, Sancho, Rashford and Greenwood.

In reality there's nothing wrong in being a prima donna who hate being benched. Some of the finest players in the world were like that. When Cantona was told that he was growing old and his career needed to be handled in a way that reflected that he chose retirement over the risk of spending time on the bench. Meanwhile SAF considered Scholes as a nightmare to bench.
What a manager needs to make sure about is not to have multiple players of that kind playing in the same role.

I also believe that players hate to be lied to, which is fair enough, considering how short a player's career is. I suspect that Ole did that to the likes of Jesse and VDB who persuaded to remain with us with the promise of getting a fair shot. That never happened.

jem

I keep reading things like this. Does Ronaldo have history with Conte? Conte thrived with Lukaku as his front man, so don't see why he wouldn't be able to do the same with Ronaldo.

Lee565

If true then there is no way ole will drop one of the few allies he has left in the dressing room