MEN: Manchester United step up transfer activity after Crystal Palace defeat

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Joke of a club. Takes an embarrassing defeat for them to see what we saw at the start of the world for. No ambition, no future.
Part of me almost doesn't want a response now in the market as the fans will all calm down again and they get away with it.

Rather have a disastrous season and the heat really turn up on the owners and Woodward than have a endless fight for top 4 every year.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Part of me almost doesn't want a response now in the market as the fans will all calm down again and they get away with it.

Rather have a disastrous season and the heat really turn up on the owners and Woodward than have a endless fight for top 4 every year.
Be careful saying that on here, you’ll get called “not a real fan”

You’re right though, sometimes things must get worse before they can truly get better.

At the end of the day, if we’re going to challenge for titles again we need the Glazers, Woodward, Judge & Ole all gone. The only one of those that is remotely likely is Ole, so nothing will really change. The Glazers have a strangle hold on this club & we won’t progress till their gone.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Be careful saying that on here, you’ll get called “not a real fan”

You’re right though, sometimes things must get worse before they can truly get better.

At the end of the day, if we’re going to challenge for titles again we need the Glazers, Woodward, Judge & Ole all gone. The only one of those that is remotely likely is Ole, so nothing will really change. The Glazers have a strangle hold on this club & we won’t progress till their gone.
Been saying it for years. Which is why I gave my ST up. Club needs to bleed for a year or two before anything changes.

Our fans are the only ones who can force change. Im sick of people saying 'we can't do anything to stop it'.

Real Madrid and Barca fans would have had Woodward lynched by now. Look at Bartomeu and what he's enduring and Barca have been crap for about 1 season. We've been dross for 7 now.

Slysi17

We've already got millions of fans online asking for Ole's head. Most clueless fans in the world.

We been down this road so many times now. Poch comes in and nothing will change. Woodward Judge and the parasites will continue to mess things up and bleed us dry.

Imagine the scenes if and when they do finally sell the club. It will rival the feeling when we last won the CL. That's how bad they've been for us.
I would be elated if that happens. The fans have to go for the board this time. As you said those fans going for Ole are clueless. Basically the people above Ole have to be held accountable. I am not sure if we can get the Glazers out but I don't want this board/Ed Woodward running the show.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
What frustrates me most is the execs are incompetent at the model they are aspiring to implement. We could actually take the view of getting in talented young players for small fees and experienced players on frees/low fees and get a manager comfortable with that philosophy (pretty much anyone who was at the RB franchise). Instead they hire someone who has the mentality of what we should be or what we were before, when in reality the who set up couldn't be further from what it was. Attested to by many people now, with regards to Judge, Woodward and Arnold. I hope Ole continues to bring things a bit more in line with what they were like and Woodward sees the benefits of doing so, otherwise I feel like we end up promising the manager we can deliver something we can't and blame outside factors for it failing.

AFC NimbleThumb

This./

It’ll be even more bad money after bad at this point.

I simply don’t get why they haven’t hired football men & sat back.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
This./

It’ll be even more bad money after bad at this point.

I simply don’t get why they haven’t hired football men & sat back.
Because they don't care as long as the business numbers are healthy clearly.

Glazers will be screwed if fans boycott after the pandemic. It's the only way we get them out.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What frustrates me most is the execs are incompetent at the model they are aspiring to implement. We could actually take the view of getting in talented young players for small fees and experienced players on frees/low fees and get a manager comfortable with that philosophy (pretty much anyone who was at the RB franchise). Instead they hire someone who has the mentality of what we should be or what we were before, when in reality the who set up couldn't be further from what it was. Attested to by many people now, with regards to Judge, Woodward and Arnold. I hope Ole continues to bring things a bit more in line with what they were like and Woodward sees the benefits of doing so, otherwise I feel like we end up promising the manager we can deliver something we can't and blame outside factors for it failing.
I agree with general idea with one small remark, Judge, Arnold and Woodward were all at the club when Gill was the CEO. And we are not going to rewrite history and pretend that Gill was great or that he had some sort of special football knowledge. The difference is that in our highly flawed structure where SAF was the entirety of the football side, when we lost him we had nothing else. In my opinion that's largely on Gill, he had the chance to have the SAF cheat code for years and didn't prepare the club for life without him.

Coops73

Because they don't care as long as the business numbers are healthy clearly.

Glazers will be screwed if fans boycott after the pandemic. It's the only way we get them out.
Doesn’t look like fans will be allowed back in anytime soon after the government announcement and this will be used as an excuse by the board, in fact the timing is almost perfect for them.

mancan92

I believe that you are overrating other clubs, probably because you logically focus on United. But do the comparison elaborate on it.
No every other person online whether they are a United fan, Chelsea fan, Arsenal fan, Liverpool fan, Barca fan etc they are all making fun of United every single fan looks at us as a complete joke its got nothing to do with focusing on United. Have you see Youtube? Have you watched any kind of punditry analysis? Everyone believes we are a not working in the market properly.

White Fury

Shame Woodwards dad didnt pull out.
LMFAO !

This will be the new "looking for a DOF" rumour while transfer window is still open. When it closes and we dont buy anyone or fail to buy the main targets and end up with 3rd or 4th choice, then "club is looking for a DOF" will be briefed.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I agree with general idea with one small remark, Judge, Arnold and Woodward were all at the club when Gill was the CEO. And we are not going to rewrite history and pretend that Gill was great or that he had some sort of special football knowledge. The difference is that in our highly flawed structure where SAF was the entirety of the football side, when we lost him we had nothing else. In my opinion that's largely on Gill, he had the chance to have the SAF cheat code for years and didn't prepare the club for life without him.
True, I'm not trying to imply Gill + SAF were the most efficient, but there was a much more personal touch and less corporate vibe from them. Gill is obviously known and respected in the game as he got his UEFA gig. Not a chance in France Ed ever is considered for such a role. As you point out, it just so happens that SAF was a behemoth in the footballing side, so he covered a hell of a lot of gaps. It feels like they didn't prepare them for when they left, or they underestimated how much expertise SAF and Gill had on club relationship building/politics of it all that they thought they could do it themselves. We have a bloated scouting network, who probably have dossiers on players coming out of every orifice, yet our "political status" within the footballing world has taken a nose dive to the extent we can't seem to interact with any club we don't have an existing relationship with.

vanderpants

Well if this a step up in transfer activity it's worrying, we are currently only linked to Telles, hardly any other transfer tweets apart from the odd Ssncho tweet but we all know that's dead in the water

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
True, I'm not trying to imply Gill + SAF were the most efficient, but there was a much more personal touch and less corporate vibe from them. Gill is obviously known and respected in the game as he got his UEFA gig. Not a chance in France Ed ever is considered for such a role. As you point out, it just so happens that SAF was a behemoth in the footballing side, so he covered a hell of a lot of gaps. It feels like they didn't prepare them for when they left, or they underestimated how much expertise SAF and Gill had on club relationship building/politics of it all that they thought they could do it themselves. We have a bloated scouting network, who probably have dossiers on players coming out of every orifice, yet our "political status" within the footballing world has taken a nose dive to the extent we can't seem to interact with any club we don't have an existing relationship with.
There is actually big chances, he has been elected as a member of the ECA executive board and he was a member of the UEFA Professional football strategy council. He is following Gill's path inside and outside the club.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
There is actually big chances, he has been elected as a member of the ECA executive board and he was a member of the UEFA Professional football strategy council. He is following Gill's path inside and outside the club.
Really? Football is doomed.

Edit: Shit, you're dead right. Been on there a while.

soralapio

Don't you know, man? Ed is a master negotiator who is waiting for other clubs to crap themselves and lower their demands for us.
You joke, but that is literally how he sees (or saw) himself. When he was appointed, one of the big financial papers did a large feature on him, where he said (although not in so many words) that his years of experience in "proper" finance gave him a massive leg up on football people, which would allow him and Manchester United to run rings around them. I suspect that's where a lot of the "we're able to do things others merely dream of" bullshit comes from, he sees himself as some kind of financial Superman who is able to take advantage of simple football types.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
You joke, but that is literally how he sees (or saw) himself. When he was appointed, one of the big financial papers did a large feature on him, where he said (although not in so many words) that his years of experience in "proper" finance gave him a massive leg up on football people, which would allow him and Manchester United to run rings around them. I suspect that's where a lot of the "we're able to do things others merely dream of" bullshit comes from, he sees himself as some kind of financial Superman who is able to take advantage of simple football types.
Aye, that's the tragic part.

Coleyoscar

There is something comical about a complete amatuer who thinks he can compete with world class professionals. Our very own Eddie the Eagle.

Red_toad

I wonder how the step up transfer activity differs from no transfer activity? Only links to any player is from Portugal, so have zero faith in that bs.

davidmichael

So seeing as it’s stepped up I’m eagerly awaiting the January window as we should be ready by then, good to see we’re past monitoring now.