MEN: United targeting 4 players for next summer

dejans

My dream window with reasons for moving.

Håland - 30m (Ole)
Sancho - 100m (Rashy and JLingZ)
Maddison - 60m (childhood fan)
Partey - 45m (Africa = United)
Chilwell - 40m (besties Maddison and Maguire)

275m - 130m(Pogba) = £145m net spend
I'll second this, probably with Digne in place of Chilwell and Maddison more like 80m+

Jonno

Isn't it annoying how these stories spring up every time United perform awfully (seems like every game tbf)?

And Rice? No thank you. I'd rather have 16yr old Cammavinga of Rennes who is way mobile and a better ball player than Declan. He'll also come cheaper.
That's it, a child that has never played in the PL can come straight into our first team and lead us back to challenging for the top 4 and for the title.

Come off it mate, if he was better than Declan Rice, he'd be playing in the PL right now every week. Amazing that you've got better scouting abilities than the entire European elite.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
There is zero chance that Leicester would allow us to buy Maguire, Chilwell & Maddison.
The club wouldn't spend the money needed for Sancho, Chilwell, Maddison and Rice anyway.

pascell

Leicester becoming to us, what Southampton have been to Liverpool :lol:

Maddison maybe but not Chilwell too. I'd refer we went for Ndidi if it was anyone from Leicester.

Eric's Seagull

Maddison maybe but not Chilwell too. I'd refer we went for Ndidi if it was anyone from Leicester.
I too would like to see Ndidi come here but I think it is going to be very hard to get any players out of Leicester next summer as there is a good chance they could qualify for the Champions League and will want to keep their best players and try to build on it.

If we do manage to sign any players from them it will be for extortionate fees in my opinion.

pascell

I too would like to see Ndidi come here but I think it is going to be very hard to get any players out of Leicester next summer as there is a good chance they could qualify for the Champions League and will want to keep their best players and try to build on it.

If we do manage to sign any players from them it will be for extortionate fees in my opinion.
Absolutely, I'm not sure we should be paying over the odds for them, even though they would improve us.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I'm afraid one of the four might still be Longstaff... wonder if he'll take Pogba to the cleaners on Sunday

El B

I think Sancho and Maddison are quality (maybe more question marks over the latter but he is still young). What have United got to offer either at the minute though? Why leave a Dortmund or Leicester team performing better and playing better football? United need to sign better players but they also need to start performing at a higher level and behaving like they have a plan to get back to being an elite club.

StrettyEnder07

Wouldn't be to bad if we end up with them getting to the levels of VVD and Mane now haha

Never forget the Red Cafe know it all's when United were linked with Mane, the place went into absolute meltdown because we were looking to buy from a lower side, he is only at their level not ours etc.

Thank christ we listened to the wisdom of the Caf then hey haha

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Wouldn't be to bad if we end up with them getting to the levels of VVD and Mane now haha

Never forget the Red Cafe know it all's when United were linked with Mane, the place went into absolute meltdown because we were looking to buy from a lower side, he is only at their level not ours etc.

Quite sure I recall Mane being massively rated from Southampton days right here on the caf. Many were excited by our link with him.

StrettyEnder07

Quite sure I recall Mane being massively rated from Southampton days right here on the caf. Many were excited by our link with him.
There may well have been many mate but can guarantee there were a hell of a lot more going mental about being linked with him and not a proved world class winger at the time, remember it well as I got into about 20 heated arguments over it haha

StrettyEnder07

Probably all the same lot I got into arguments with this summer when Dybala would by all accounts be a woeful signing, who wouldn't offer us anything extra as a 9 or 10 than we currently have, which again has worked out very well :lol:

pascell

Oh most definitely, the Caf know it alls only have pearls of wisdom only us mere simpletons could only wish of having!

davidmichael

You’re looking at £300-£350 million for those 4 players and we’d still need a striker on top of that, if we can get £200 million for Pogba then I’d say yeah go for it as I think Rojo, Young and Mata will be going next summer so that frees up a lot of money in wages.

renatosanches85

I'll second this, probably with Digne in place of Chilwell and Maddison more like 80m+
Why? Chilwell is far better than Digne. Chilwell is probably the best left back in the league alongside Robertson. Also, Digne has hit his ceiling, Chilwell will get even better.

Jibbs

More likely
Maddison and Chilwell would cost us an arm and a leg, I think in current market, Leicester would ask around 200 m for both. I'd rather we spend this kind of money we go for Sancho and Håland , both of them would cost around 200m combined, 130 and 70 respectively.

I think Pogba, Matic and probably Fred too will be gone by next summer.

We definitely need 3 midfielders. My picks would be Odegaard, Ndidi, Neves or Ruiz.

I won't mind selling DeGea to finance key areas of improvement. I think we'd do fine with Henderson in goal.

Seb burrow

Håland - 30m (Ole)

This is pretty spot on. If pogba was to leave I’d like to see another CM join. I’d quite like McGinn. He’s been fantastic for Villa.

By the looks of it and if Leicester continue this form we may not be able to get either Chilwell or James so Digne and Bruno Fernandez/ Kai Havertz would be smart alternatives

Fred, Matic, Young, Jones, Mata and possibly Jesse for me need to go. Their time is up.

Last edited:

foxedup

Supports
Leicester
You just paid £80m for Maguire... if you think you're getting two players every bit as good (Chilwell) and better in the case of Maddison you are in cloud cuckoo land. You have just found out that we aren't going to be pushed around, it will cost you a minimum of £140m for the pair and that's unlikely anyway as we won't sell two assets at the same time.

Seven Seas Sardines

You just paid £80m for Maguire... if you think you're getting two players every bit as good (Chilwell) and better in the case of Maddison you are in cloud cuckoo land. You have just found out that we aren't going to be pushed around, it will cost you a minimum of £140m for the pair and that's unlikely anyway as we won't sell two assets at the same time.
Don't worry. We'll give you Lingard, Jones and Young on top of the 100m!

Fluctuation0161

I'll believe it when I see it. Seems just like the DOF promises to me. Poor results and the PR machine kicks in yet again. Why not sign 2 more players last window and 2 last January? It's bullshit.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Every club and agent in the world know that Man Utd is desparate. No player will come for market price, let alone cheap to Man Utd.

RedMilo

Timo Werner / James Maddison / Jadon Sancho / John McGinn = Happy Days

TheReligion

Abusive
Chilwell isn't that good

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Håland - 30m (Ole)

Chilwel - 40 and Maddison 60 :lol:

dev1l

Sancho, Maddison, Chilwell and Rice can easily end up costing 350 million. I cannot see the club spending so much.
Moreover I cannot see Leicester selling Chilwell and Maddison together.
West ham won't let Rice go.
Sancho joining us depends on CL Imo.
From the 4, Maddison looks more likely because he seems prepared to force things to join us - at least judging from his words.

beingshe7don

Håland - 30m (Ole)

I don't think Haaland is all that great when it comes to ball control. His hold up play is average at best. I would rather get Timo Werner or Moussa Dembele instead
Sancho would be great BUT at the rate at which we are going, I highly doubt we'll get him. Also, if Real replace Zidane with Jose, I can see Sancho moving there.
Maddison is a good idea and I wouldn't paying 80 odd million to not see Mata or Lingard feature anymore.
Partey... the guy has been phenomenal for Athletico
Chilwell.... can't see getting him if we are to poach Maddison.

Other options to consider would be O Dembele (Barca) - I could see him come available for 80m.

Yes, we've been playing like crap no doubt and with the right coaching and I think with 3 good players, we could genuinely be top 3 contenders.

We need a genuinely fast and direct RW. I think the lack of RW attack makes us pretty ordinary. Especially since the opposition knows that they just need to focus on the left side and center to nullify our attack. a pacy and attacking minded RW would change revolutionize our attack. Someone like an O Dembele who focussed on just attack and left Wan Bassaka to cover the defense would be immense.

Secondly, a potent out and out striker with go hold up play.... M Dembele would be a great addition and I think he would come cheap as well. The guy knows how to score goals. It's a pretty stupid statement I know but some strikers just don't have that instinct to score goals aka Rashford. M Dembele reminds me of Saha in a lot of ways when it comes to scoring goals.

Lastly, the engine of our midfield needs to be refurbished. We need a proper destroyer (Kante sort) and that's where I think the likes of Partey or Ndidi would work wonders to our midfield.

Pogba, Ndidi/ Partey, and McTominay wouldn't be the best midfield in the world but that would be a start to consistently getting top 4.

More importantly, we need to go back to our 4-3-3 and therefore, I don't think we need a No.10, therefore, I wouldn't go after Maddison unless he can play as a No. 8 but then again, that would be shoehorning and that's what we need to stop doing.

So my some what affordable fix would be to get O Dembele. I know he's injury prone but I think he would have a great impact on the team along with Ndidi and M Dembele.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Let's say we do have the power to attract those 4 players. I'm certainly doubt we can get all of them.

This summer we only signed 3 players with Maguire joined after the pre season. Ed is incapable to deal with such a massive transfer in 1 summer. One at a time is what he can do for massive transfer business & it's proven already.

Dortmund will be asking about 100m-150m for Sancho and it'll take time because we will try to negotiate or lower the price.
Leicester will be asking anything above Maguire's fees for Maddison let's say it'll be 90m to 100m.
Leicester will be asking almost closed to Maguire's fees for Chiwell and it's not like Leicester will let 2 of their starting XI go that easy in one summer, let's say it'll be 60m-80m.
I don't know how much West Ham will be asking for Rice but it'll not be less than 50m for sure.

Not to mention we will be in the Pogba's saga again.

It's only dream to even think about signing those 4 in 1 summer.

What I think we will sign are 1 striker, 1 attacking mid (either winger/No 10) & 1 midfield (either CM or DM).

It'll be 1 mega signing (anything higher than 60m), 1 mid price signing (anything around 30m to 55m) & 1 bargain signing (less than 30m or free).

Ziggy Starduster

If the club is he’ll bent on signing Maddison, Sancho and Rice then it just confirms the utter shambles this club is in with regards to scouting and player acquisition.
Aside from Rice (who is massively overrated), I doubt the other two will join a team next summer that will not be offering any European football. And all 3 would cost a fortune. PL clubs are loaded these days.
Is Maddison really better than Fernandez?
Is there not another exciting, young, pact RW out there that won’t cost a potential world record fee?
Is Declan Rice our hope for DM? God help us.
I think our pending relegation battle in the bottom half of the table will realign our summer targets pretty sharpish, anyway.
We need a few players in January and see how the season finishes before the summer disappointment begins.

JK-27

5 years, 5 years of mediocrity. We've changed manager,s we've changed coaches, we've changed players, and it's still the same old shite. We can talk about signings all we want but until Woodward goes it's pointless.

AlwaysRed66

Forget who we are signing next summer. The more important question is where we will be by next summer.

Bestietom

It looks like Maddison is the top target - and he’ll cost over £100mil. So would Sancho so I can’t see us bagging both, even if we sell Pogba. Chilwell won’t happen and if he leaves it’ll be to City who are sniffing around. If I could sign 4 players it would be

1) partey
2) timo Werner
3) Maddison
4) sancho

I don’t want the club to go anywhere near Rice when we could potentially sign better players in Neves or Partey. the only player from West Ham we should be interested in is Diop
That's about 360 million worth of players. Do you think Woodward would sanction this.