MERGED: Rooney signs new contract!

TheReligion

Abusive
Rooney is on 300K a week.

He is being sold in the summer due to an inventive United / Fergie plan to get more money for him.

He has a thousand get out clauses in his contract, if he doesn't play every game he can leave to City on a free.

He hasn't signed a 5 year contract, it is actually a "gentleman's agreement" and United are selling him in the summer

Feel free to add more bollocks to this list I have compiled.

It might make 192 pages

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
Tabloid bollox is my guess, they all had him as having gone, all of them, they all had 'inside info' that the deal with City was done, now they've all been made to look pretty fecking stupid, oops erm maybe the inside info was wrong? nope cant say that makes us look like a bunch of idiots so we say he signed ONLY to keep his value high and with unprecedented escape clauses.....righto.

The media like Rooney havnt come out of this at all well, they're trying to save face with all these clauses and other conspiracy theories.
Chances are if all the media actually did have this inside info on a deal to City then you can guarantee United would have had it too.

If United had it then where would it have left City and Stretford with regard to "illegally tapping up" one of United's players.

Maybe the threat of action against them left Rooney with no option but to sign.

Just a thought.

TheMancRedDevil

I must say, something said on tonight's MOTD was pretty sobering.

"Wayne Rooney is away in Dubai celebrating his 25th Birthday and he's already earned £60,000 since signing his new contract".

How mental is that?

redwhiteblack

Rooney is on 300K a week.

He is being sold in the summer due to an inventive United / Fergie plan to get more money for him.

He has a thousand get out clauses in his contract, if he doesn't play every game he can leave to City on a free.

He hasn't signed a 5 year contract, it is actually a "gentleman's agreement" and United are selling him in the summer

Feel free to add more bollocks to this list I have compiled.

It might make 192 pages
The Sun have already copyrighted the Title Pun - "Blue Roon" - for when he joins City

He's in Dubai right now holidaying with City's owners

When he does sign with City, he'll have a 'get out clause' of £10 should Real Madrid choose to sign him

His City shirt will be reversible with a Real shirt on the other side in case he be purchased by Real mid game.

City are paying him own goal bonuses while he's still at United

He's been seen "in Manchester" a lot over the last 6 years - meaning only thing, he's about to sign for City...

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Neville confident Man Utd fans will forgive Rooney

Gary Neville is confident Manchester United fans will forgive Wayne Rooney.

In his column for the Sunday Times of Malta, Neville acknowledged Rooney's statement last week before re-signing has upset supporters.

He wrote: "The fans have obviously been watching it very closely. While the statement attributed to Wayne last Wednesday didn’t go down very well, we all make mistakes in our lives and we’ve all done things we regret. United fans will accept that.

"He has always given 100 per cent when he has pulled on a United shirt, and that is the overriding factor. No one can doubt that he loves playing football for this club and I have no doubt the fans will support him through the rest of his career here.

"It is forgotten about as far as the players are concerned."

Neville confident Man Utd fans will forgive Rooney | Premiership News | tribalfootball.com

Eto'odinho

Retard magnet
Stop trying to be diplomatic Nev, Rooney has "advisors" and one has top wonder if his intention was to stay from the beginning then why on earth did they not advise him on keeping his counsel?

If he wanted to stall he could have just asked for talks to be postponed till the summer.

He is a grade A cnut who thinks he is already in the Messi-Xavi-Iniesta-Ronaldo league after one good season.

December_16

In his column for the Sunday Times of Malta
Gazza can't push his columns through in Endland, even with the shitty standard of journalism here. Says a lot about the quality of his column :smirk:

Or alternatively, the whole article is made up. Just saying.

Eto'odinho

Retard magnet
Some of you are not worthy to call yourselves Manchester United supporters( yes, I'm looking at you, Rooney apologists).

That fat scouse cnut has just had your great club and renowned manager over the barrel, publicly humiliated you all by claiming MU isn't ambitious enough for him and he wants out, only to backtrack few days later with a fake PR scripted apology after getting a big pay raise. All that after showing an indifferent form on the pitch for months and putting the club's name through the mud in the wake of his private indiscretions scandal.

There's no moral victory here for the club, even if they managed to avoid the disaster from the business point of view. Rooney just proved to everyone out there that he could do what no one before was able to pull: publicly disrespect MU and SAF and not only get away with it, but get rewarded in the end. Rooney demonstrated that no matter how much of an ungrateful cnut he is as a person, as a player he's so valuable to the current United side, they simply couldn't afford to stick to the principles and boot his fat ass out for fear of immediate consequences in terms of weakening the squad and losing their best player for peanuts.

Times do change. There's no way Fergie would have swallowed that in the past. Remember the boot flying at Beckham's head, Keane and RVN being shown the door when forgetting their place, etc? A couple of days ago when the news just broke many here said "no player is bigger than the club, jog off, United forever,etc etc." Well, Rooney just proved you all wrong, which to me represents a sad state of affairs in modern professional sport.

Ian Holloway, who's being made to look foolish now with his outburst, at least had the balls to tell it like it is without sugarcoating the truth. That's a man of integrity for you, deserves respect for his honesty.
Great post. If anything this whole saga has just underlined our desperate situation and the fact that we have been Rooney's bitches. Are we actually in danger of becoming Newcastle Mk-II with the Alan Shearer's situation where he came first above all else?

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
What I find interesting is all these 'anti-Rooney' axe-grinders crying on and on and on about how Wayne fecked the fans, the Club, and whilst he was at it, bent SAF over and gave him a good tossle, as well.

This is insane... all the years of the bleeding Red by sticking by Rooney, NO MATTER WHAT! ~ HE'S THE BEST!!!! THE GOLDEN BOY!!! What did you people think was going to happen. Maybe Wayne would walk into the front office and say, 'Oh, I understand we're going through tough times... I don't need a raise... how about we reduce my pay by 25%?'

Now, he is just garbage... some people need to grow up and get a hobby.

SittingBull

That's great and all, but what is Sergio Canales u
At United, we strive for perfection, and if we fai
At the end of the day, there will be some of us that will forgive and forget, and the rest not ever able to support him wholeheartedly as before. I for sure belongs to the latter cos that was probably the biggest act of disrespect, betrayal, stupidity, ungratefulness I've ever known of any Manchester United players in the last 2 decades and it sickens me to have to cheer a team so close to my heart with a cnut in it.

SittingBull

That's great and all, but what is Sergio Canales u
At United, we strive for perfection, and if we fai
And Fergid better not give preferential treatment to Rooney when he comes back from injury. No more the "playing him despite poor games cos he is always a threat, or play him back to form and confidence, etc". As of now, it's Berbatov and Chicharito till Rooney proves himself from a substitute role.

ciderman9000000

@rioferdy5 -1 must be the same temperature as the Utd dressing room when Wayne walks in !

retweeted by Rio Ferdinand.
Ahe he's quickly changed it

From: @dgt63@rioferdy5 Nar mate the warmth in our changing room a lot a other teams would love 2 have
If only Rio could speak English, i think he might be trying to tell us something.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
As for Rooney - I hope Hernandez continues playing well and makes Rooney a good sell in January. After I saw his interview in which he just went on about what a hard few weeks it had been for him I lost my emotional connection with him as a United player. I am indifferent to him now and I wouldn't be in the slightest bothered if we flogged him to City in January.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What I find interesting is all these 'anti-Rooney' axe-grinders crying on and on and on about how Wayne fecked the fans, the Club, and whilst he was at it, bent SAF over and gave him a good tossle, as well.

This is insane... all the years of the bleeding Red by sticking by Rooney, NO MATTER WHAT! ~ HE'S THE BEST!!!! THE GOLDEN BOY!!! What did you people think was going to happen. Maybe Wayne would walk into the front office and say, 'Oh, I understand we're going through tough times... I don't need a raise... how about we reduce my pay by 25%?'

You need to grow up and let others have an opinion.

And he did a lot more than just ask for a raise. Surely you'd know that.

amolbhatia50k

I don't know if I can warm to him again. Let's see how it goes. How crap was that interview. Apology? Haha

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

You need to stop having an extreme version of what some people think as an opinion.

amolbhatia50k

Stop trying to be diplomatic Nev, Rooney has "advisors" and one has top wonder if his intention was to stay from the beginning then why on earth did they not advise him on keeping his counsel?

If he wanted to stall he could have just asked for talks to be postponed till the summer.

He is a grade A cnut who thinks he is already in the Messi-Xavi-Iniesta-Ronaldo league after one good season.
This. Noone to blame but rooney for all of this. Seems to be getting too big for his boots. AnywAys its up to him to find a way to make up.

Crustanoid

Some of you are not worthy to call yourselves Manchester United supporters( yes, I'm looking at you, Rooney apologists).

That fat scouse cnut has just had your great club and renowned manager over the barrel, publicly humiliated you all by claiming MU isn't ambitious enough for him and he wants out, only to backtrack few days later with a fake PR scripted apology after getting a big pay raise. All that after showing an indifferent form on the pitch for months and putting the club's name through the mud in the wake of his private indiscretions scandal.

There's no moral victory here for the club, even if they managed to avoid the disaster from the business point of view. Rooney just proved to everyone out there that he could do what no one before was able to pull: publicly disrespect MU and SAF and not only get away with it, but get rewarded in the end. Rooney demonstrated that no matter how much of an ungrateful cnut he is as a person, as a player he's so valuable to the current United side, they simply couldn't afford to stick to the principles and boot his fat ass out for fear of immediate consequences in terms of weakening the squad and losing their best player for peanuts.

Times do change. There's no way Fergie would have swallowed that in the past. Remember the boot flying at Beckham's head, Keane and RVN being shown the door when forgetting their place, etc? A couple of days ago when the news just broke many here said "no player is bigger than the club, jog off, United forever,etc etc." Well, Rooney just proved you all wrong, which to me represents a sad state of affairs in modern professional sport.

Ian Holloway, who's being made to look foolish now with his outburst, at least had the balls to tell it like it is without sugarcoating the truth. That's a man of integrity for you, deserves respect for his honesty.
I don't think he came across as foolish, and from the thread on here, I doubt many fans did.

How many years into his contract is Fat Fwank at the moment? Only wondering because of the fuss he made about it being five years rather than four on one of the highest wages in the PL, even though it was made age 30.

How about Drogba: "I want to leave Chelsea. Something is broken with Chelsea.....The damage is big in the dressing room."

Or Big Man courting City for a whole Summer last season?

Then again there's always that bastian of integrity Cashley

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
some of you guys are classic. It will evolve to, 'he's a cnut but he's our cnut' and then he'll be forgiven. You people :)

Eto'odinho

Retard magnet
I don't think he came across as foolish, and from the thread on here, I doubt many fans did.

How many years into his contract is Fat Fwank at the moment? Only wondering because of the fuss he made about it being five years rather than four on one of the highest wages in the PL, even though it was made age 30.

How about Drogba: "I want to leave Chelsea. Something is broken with Chelsea.....The damage is big in the dressing room."

Or Big Man courting City for a whole Summer last season?

Then again there's always that bastian of integrity Cashley
antihenry was making a valid point about player power becoming a common place in world football. When it happened to the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea atleast football fans on the whole could reward themselves with the hope that it would never happen at the most successful club in the country in recent times and especially under the tutelage of the legendary Sir Alex Ferguson.

Football supporters across the globe follow clubs and not power and you will be hard pressed to find one in favour of the ever growing menace of player power.

We were the last bastion of hope as far as upholding the adage footballing concept of "No one is bigger than the club" and now the Rooney saga has left us exposed, increased the likelihood of that happening elsewhere, made us look desperate for a "star" and in general vindicated Rooney's poorly disguised argument that the quality of our playing personnel isn't up to scratch.

A simple sorry is not going to smooth things over especially after he went public with his lack of faith in his team mates.

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
Gary Neville is confident Manchester United fans will forgive Wayne Rooney.

In his column for the Sunday Times of Malta, Neville acknowledged Rooney's statement last week before re-signing has upset supporters.

He wrote: "The fans have obviously been watching it very closely. While the statement attributed to Wayne last Wednesday didn’t go down very well, we all make mistakes in our lives and we’ve all done things we regret. United fans will accept that.

"He has always given 100 per cent when he has pulled on a United shirt, and that is the overriding factor. No one can doubt that he loves playing football for this club and I have no doubt the fans will support him through the rest of his career here.

"It is forgotten about as far as the players are concerned."

Neville confident Man Utd fans will forgive Rooney | Premiership News | tribalfootball.com

Well, he actually has a column for this paper, this is a press release from today on manutd.com:

Malta paper correction

The Sunday Times of Malta has issued an apology to club captain Gary Neville after it misquoted the Reds club captain in its most recent edition.

Neville, who contributes a regular column in the publication, has been taken to task over comments apparently aimed at United's crosstown rivals Manchester City. But Neville never made the comments and the paper has now issued a full and frank apology.

A statement issued by editor Steve Mallia read: "With reference to Gary Neville's column in The Sunday Times of Malta of October 24, the newspaper would like to clarify the following: At no point did Gary Neville state the phrase, 'Except perhaps Manchester City'.

"These words were added by the journalist who worked on the column with Mr Neville and were never intended to appear in the printed version of the article. Mr Neville did not utter these words, nor did he allude to Manchester City in any way.

"We apologise unreservedly to Mr Neville for our error and regret the considerable inconvenience it has caused him."

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Wayne who? Watching Little Pea should ram it home to him, THAT is a United player, simply overjoyed to be here playing for the greatest club in the world.

amolbhatia50k

Wayne who? Watching Little Pea should ram it home to him, THAT is a United player, simply overjoyed to be here playing for the greatest club in the world.
I'll tell you what grates me. Fergie told us that Wayne had apologized to him and the players and would soon do so to the fans. That statement hinted at a bit of remorse in the head of Mr. Rooney, but in the interview to MUTV there was zero remorse or regret in him whatsoever. It was all about how tough the week was, how justified he was in his actions and now he's been 'convinced' to stay.

He came across really badly in that interview.

amolbhatia50k

antihenry was making a valid point about player power becoming a common place in world football. When it happened to the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea atleast football fans on the whole could reward themselves with the hope that it would never happen at the most successful club in the country in recent times and especially under the tutelage of the legendary Sir Alex Ferguson.

Football supporters across the globe follow clubs and not power and you will be hard pressed to find one in favour of the ever growing menace of player power.

We were the last bastion of hope as far as upholding the adage footballing concept of "No one is bigger than the club" and now the Rooney saga has left us exposed, increased the likelihood of that happening elsewhere, made us look desperate for a "star" and in general vindicated Rooney's poorly disguised argument that the quality of our playing personnel isn't up to scratch.

A simple sorry is not going to smooth things over especially after he went public with his lack of faith in his team mates.
To be fair, we don't really know why we did what we did. It could be to sell him for a enormous amount in the summer. It could be because Fergie genuinely believes Rooney is going to become the best player in the PL for years to come and feels the kid has apologized sufficiently. I doubt the latter is the case, but can't be sure. I have no doubt Fergie would have done whatever he had to in OUR best interest. Even if we are doing it because we 'need' a star player, it doesn't mean he's bigger than us, it simply means we're using him the way we feel best.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I'll tell you what grates me. Fergie told us that Wayne had apologized to him and the players and would soon do so to the fans. That statement hinted at a bit of remorse in the head of Mr. Rooney, but in the interview to MUTV there was zero remorse or regret in him whatsoever. It was all about how tough the week was, how justified he was in his actions and now he's been 'convinced' to stay.

That would be because he doesnt care about us, he said sorry to his team mates so training and matches wouldnt't be too uncomfortable for the delicate little flower and to stop Vidic raping him to death every day. Hes only sorry that the entire world can now see what really motivates him, money and his own interests the miserable slimey bald scouse bastard.

wr8_utd

:'(
Chilling out with drinks at a poolside bar in Dubai yesterday, birthday boy Wayne Rooney looks like he hasn't a care in the world.

Despite his recent sex scandal, and after throwing the Red Devils into chaos with his will-he-won't-he quit saga, Wayne seemed relaxed as he cooled off in the pool while wife Coleen sipped champagne.

The injured Man United ace whisked Coleen, 24, off on the £17,000 mini break to the sun for his 25th - and to help patch up their marriage.

He'll be glad of that £250,000-a-week deal to stay at the club. Two first-class flights from Manchester with Emirates are £7032.72, four nights in a deluxe suite at the seven star Burj Al Arab cost £9992.96 and one glass of wine is £40.

Wayne was so relaxed he didn't bother to watch his team on TV beat Stoke City at the Britannia Stadium. Some home fans turned up in drag and held banners referring to Rooney's romps with prostitutes.

Oblivious to all the furore back home, Wayne and Coleen, who was wearing a silver bikini, tucked into a bottle of pink fizz around noon.

Coleen was then overheard phoning her parents from her sun lounger to check on baby son Kai.

Fellow hotel guests said they looked more like honeymooners than a couple struggling to repair their marriage. One holidaymaker said: "They were smiling and chatting away. They looked like they didn't have a care in the world."

Rooney is likely to be out of the Man United team for weeks with an injured ankle. But his jaunt has not gone down well with supporters.

Angry fans took to the internet and Twitter to voice their dismay.

On the official fans' forum, one season ticket holder raged: "He's held MUFC to ransom for a week, been offered a fortune to stay, and promised he is committed to the team.. going off on holiday straight away just shows he doesn't care."

And supporters' club member Peter Hallam, 24, said Rooney's trip "shows contempt for the team".

Wayne and Coleen had planned to host a lavish birthday party at their £3million Cheshire mansion, but are thought to have cancelled on Sir Alex Ferguson's advice.

It also emerged that Rooney's huge contract hinged on assurances of Fergie's future as manager. A source said: "It was almost case of 'if he stays, I stay'."

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Chilling out with drinks at a poolside bar in Dubai yesterday, birthday boy Wayne Rooney looks like he hasn't a care in the world.

Despite his recent sex scandal, and after throwing the Red Devils into chaos with his will-he-won't-he quit saga, Wayne seemed relaxed as he cooled off in the pool while wife Coleen sipped champagne.

The injured Man United ace whisked Coleen, 24, off on the £17,000 mini break to the sun for his 25th - and to help patch up their marriage.

He'll be glad of that £250,000-a-week deal to stay at the club. Two first-class flights from Manchester with Emirates are £7032.72, four nights in a deluxe suite at the seven star Burj Al Arab cost £9992.96 and one glass of wine is £40.

Wayne was so relaxed he didn't bother to watch his team on TV beat Stoke City at the Britannia Stadium. Some home fans turned up in drag and held banners referring to Rooney's romps with prostitutes.

Oblivious to all the furore back home, Wayne and Coleen, who was wearing a silver bikini, tucked into a bottle of pink fizz around noon.

Coleen was then overheard phoning her parents from her sun lounger to check on baby son Kai.

Fellow hotel guests said they looked more like honeymooners than a couple struggling to repair their marriage. One holidaymaker said: "They were smiling and chatting away. They looked like they didn't have a care in the world."

Rooney is likely to be out of the Man United team for weeks with an injured ankle. But his jaunt has not gone down well with supporters.

Angry fans took to the internet and Twitter to voice their dismay.

On the official fans' forum, one season ticket holder raged: "He's held MUFC to ransom for a week, been offered a fortune to stay, and promised he is committed to the team.. going off on holiday straight away just shows he doesn't care."

And supporters' club member Peter Hallam, 24, said Rooney's trip "shows contempt for the team".

Wayne and Coleen had planned to host a lavish birthday party at their £3million Cheshire mansion, but are thought to have cancelled on Sir Alex Ferguson's advice.

It also emerged that Rooney's huge contract hinged on assurances of Fergie's future as manager. A source said: "It was almost case of 'if he stays, I stay'."

So his holiday was SAF's advice, he took it and now fans are pissed off? Idiots.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football

I think rio 'merked' him once. Can't remember if that's the right term but if you watch his reaction, it's not a surprise that what you maybe perceive as not caring might just be his way. He might not be 100% confident. The interviewer could have set up a question and made it easier but I don't think you can judge him based on that

----
He has a life too, Sir Alex is a big family man and it's a good idea for him just to get away for awhile and leave our focus on the pitch. If he didn't watch the game, maybe his wife wanted some attention? :)

Zen86

Yeah he taken us for a bunch of mugs, and I wish he'd been sold and we bought a couple players to replace him. Sadley, that's not happened. At the end of the day I'll always be in full support for Fergie above anyone and everyone and if he says to support Rooney, I'll do my best to.
At the end of the day it seams he's going to be here for a long time yet so may as well make the best of it, support him and hope he puts a load of goals away.