MERGED: Rooney signs new contract!

B Cantona

Desperate
The biggest mistake was fans kidding themselves the new breed of young footballers could ever be as loyal as Giggs, Neville and Scholes. The game has changed completely. They were one of a kind.

As fans we can keep on supporting every player that pulls on a shirt or we can beat ourselves up about the precise motivation behind every player that signs a new contract and exactly how long we can hold onto them if/when they get offered stupid money from a sugar daddy at another club.

I know what I'll be doing. Appreciating every last day that Giggs, Scholes and Neville keep playing, while making damn sure I don't start kidding myself about what is motivating their team-mates to keep on playing for Manchester United. I'll be supporting the shirt, not the talented yet self-absorbed young millionaires who happen to be wearing it.
I'm not arsed about loyalty Pogue, he's a Scouser who grew up supporting Everton and left that club to progress his career. As he should

It's what already monumentally rich players will do for that bit more money, thats what rankles. This went so far beyond acceptable

The more so because we thought this was a guy that played for the love of the game

OneUnited24

you only have to look at the time Rio merked him with the pet's home prank. Rooney couldn't wipe his arse without consulting "Paul". I'd say he was led into it but honestly don't see much diff between this and Keane/Rio's wrangle with contract issues
It was a while back and i really cant recall Rios/Keanes talks too well but i dont think either came out and released a statement that they wanted out, both wanted more money and they are entitled to that during talks. The papers just had a field day because Rio was spotted eatting in a restraunt with Keyon and fans got on his case because after us standing behind him over the 8 month ban we felt he owed us one to stay.

OneUnited24

Latest rumour doing the local rounds is that Rooney scarpered to Fergie's for a week when the Jen T story broke. Apparently Rooney always wanted to stay and Fergie has used him to get funds out of the Glazers - after all, SAF couldn't go back on his "no value" and "they've always backed me" crap could he?
Seriously? I doubt SAF would be willing to do this, i mean at the end of it its caused obious tension within the squad, has alienated a player from the rest of the fans (possibly even the squad thats just me speculating) and he did all of it to get a few quid to spend in the transfer market? Our policy has always been to develop kids with potential and while SAF is in charge i dont see a change to that.

phelans shorts

Latest rumour doing the local rounds is that Rooney scarpered to Fergie's for a week when the Jen T story broke. Apparently Rooney always wanted to stay and Fergie has used him to get funds out of the Glazers - after all, SAF couldn't go back on his "no value" and "they've always backed me" crap could he?
That week when he was in Switzerland on England duty :confused:

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Looks pretty simple Rooney screwed Man Utd for money and concocted a story to make him not look like a mercenary. He signs a new contract and Ferguson puts his foot down and says - we call the shots now laddie.
That is it in a nutshell.

Can't we close these Rooney threads down now?

It's as though we haven't discussed anything else in weeks.