Merih Demiral

Fosu-Mens

izec

Should have bought him a few weeks ago.

Andersen was also going for cheap to Lyon previously.

If we go for someone other than Maguire, i think it will be Milenkovic.

settembrini

This guy has had a very strange career so far.

January 2019 he moved from Sporting to Alanyaspor and then in the same window moved again to Sassuolo. He was only there for a couple of months before Juventus signed him and is now supposed to be moving again already?

poleglass red

Inane link. Why would we consider signing a guy who just signed for another club?
seems strange, maybe they think with signing De Ligt that this lad won't get much playing time maybe. I honestly think we don't have any other options, it's Maguire or nobody and maybe these press snippets are designed to make Leicester think we've other options

Santos J

January 2019 he moved from Sporting to Alanyaspor and then in the same window moved again to Sassuolo. He was only there for a couple of months before Juventus signed him and is now supposed to be moving again already?
Makes you think there's something underhand going on here.
He went on loan to Alanyaspor in August, they used their option to buy in Jan and loaned him with option to buy to Sass for double what they paid. Not exactly dodgy, just made them a quick profit as he impressed.

Halal Jalal

Rather have him than Maguire. More suited to a high pressing team. Don't see Juventus willing to sell him for the same as they bought him from Sass, if willing to sell him at all.
It depends on the price in my opinion. Demiral was absolutely stellar against France and his Youtube highlights from Seria A look promising too - excellent aggressive tackler, maybe not as confident on the ball as Maguire but considerably quicker. Maguire might be the better player right now, but Leicester's asking price is genuinely insane. Demiral doesn't seem to be that much worse and could potentially become better after a season in PL. Maybe our new Vidic?

If Juventus are willing to sell him for 30, 35 million or so, I'd definitely pŕefer this guy to Maguire and spend the surplus money on appropriate midfield partners for PP.

Nr.7

We should get him and loan him out with an option to buy, but then be loaned back to us if he’s bought.

piesel

Chiellini is already injured and he's not on the plane for the Juve Asian tour, he will be 35 in a few weeks and he's showing some noticeable wear and tear; don't think Juve will take the risk to sell a very promising and young player.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Maybe he's now available as they signed De Ligt? Juve looking for a quick profit. Only seen him play once v France, he was very very good, no idea if he can maintain that kind of performance.
Perhaps. But I'm not convinced. He was signed, like De ligt for their future. And can play rb. Which should get him. an assured squad slot if Cancelo leaves. The link plain doesn't make sense

Le Red

Screams money laundering scheme to me.

United Pro

Maybe he's now available as they signed De Ligt? Juve looking for a quick profit. Only seen him play once v France, he was very very good, no idea if he can maintain that kind of performance.
If I remember correctly Sassuolo had an agreement with Juve last year to sell him for €18m this summer. If Juve sell this summer, it is because they are looking for a quick profit. I read Milan are interested in him.

Gandalf

Seems a little unlikely unless Juve get an offer they can't refuse. With 2 aging CBs they have a need to renew that area of the team and obviously de Ligt replaces one but that still leaves another hole to be filled in the near future and this lad would seem to fit the bill if his potential is as claimed. I guess with all of their transfer business, particularly if they do end up buying Icardi, it might make sense to turn a quick profit to balance the books.

jesperjaap

seems strange, maybe they think with signing De Ligt that this lad won't get much playing time maybe. I honestly think we don't have any other options, it's Maguire or nobody and maybe these press snippets are designed to make Leicester think we've other options
No other options than Maguire for £80m, that is the kind of fee should get interest from clubs for 99% of the best centre backs around. Hermoso just went to Ateltico for £25m odd, Kabak to Shalke for similar.

We are already missing out on options far cheaper but Koulibailly, Romagnoli, Konate, Upamecano, the first two would be very hard to buy and probably similar if not even higher fees but the latter two I think are very achievable and all four are much better centre backs than Maguire and there are several other options too I could think of let alone the names coming up like this one I have never heard of.

I would still like us to sign two personally and sell half of the ones we currently have but the only option being a good but very over priced centre back, get outta here

Okey

Hermoso is already playing for Spain. Very astute signing by Atleti. You just wonder why our scouting team never get to these types. Left footed to boot!

Redcy

Hermoso is already playing for Spain. Very astute signing by Atleti. You just wonder why our scouting team never get to these types. Left footed to boot!
They possibly have but we have bought our share of "up and coming" defenders without one world class one to show for all the money spent.

Nep77

What exactly we did by signing Bailey and Lindelof than? :houllier:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Know nothing about him but looking at whoscored he had:

37.7 passes per game with 77.3% accuracy in Turkey
50.4 passes per game with 87.0% accuracy in Italy

Not exactly promising on the ball.

reddevil1510

Going from an experienced defender who is expected to lead our defence to a 21 year old kid. Screams of the things we would do !!

Halal Jalal

Know nothing about him but looking at whoscored he had:

37.7 passes per game with 77.3% accuracy in Turkey
50.4 passes per game with 87.0% accuracy in Italy

Not exactly promising on the ball.
Maguire's stat from previous season is 56.4 passes per game with 85% accuracy, barely better. But generally I agree though, Demiral is more like Vidic than Rio.

In theory, the perfect CB pairing is a physical, aggressive stopper and an intelligent, covering ball-player (think Chiellini and Bonucci). I believe Demiral could be our stopper while Lindelof has shown some promise last season as a ball-playing CB. Maguire is probably better than both of them right now, but for 80 million we should get a world class player and Maguire certainly isn't one. Demiral has that potential.

Nights

Spanish player wanting to play in Spain... surprised?

nonetheless

Supports
Juve
If I remember correctly Sassuolo had an agreement with Juve last year to sell him for €18m this summer. If Juve sell this summer, it is because they are looking for a quick profit. I read Milan are interested in him.
The story is most likely BS. Juve had already an option to buy him in January, they organised the purchase with Sassuolo, and Sassuolo would have a percentage on any sale over the next 2 years, so a sale would make sense only for a very high price.
Milan is rumored to have asked for him but so far the only option offered by Juve, IF Sarri decides he will not need him this year, is a loan or a sale with option to buy back. I can never exclude a sale by Juve but given the context it would require a very high price certainly not below 40M since the club will certainly need another CB next year if not this already.

The guy has had a fantastic second half of the season becoming a starter with Sassuolo immediately and had a great game with Turkey. Hi is a physical marker not a passer so he would be the ideal sub for Chielini. He is also very good with his head and can score.
Juve also bought another quite good young CB, Romero who has been left on loan to Genoa.

I think next year the best out of Romero, Demiral and Rugani will stay on long term and the other two will be sold, but I do not think it will happen now

Reactions: jojojo

Arogantni

Supports
Zeljeznicar
Juventus brought him to Italy in synergy with Sassuolo because Juventus did not have NON EU spot last year and once when player come to Italy that rule erases (Juventus convinced demiral and his representatives to accept sassuolo deal because he had other offers). Sassuolo bought him for 7.5mil euro and sell with double earning to balance their book (15mil plus 3mil bonuses). Also Sassuolo this summer rejected 25 mil from Atletico de Madrid because in every case they did not want to ruin their relationship with Juventus and broke earlier agreement (because there are many transfers between that two clubs especially loans from Juventus to Sassuolo). In Italy Juventus have had best relations with Sassuolo and almost every time have used them to balance financial books or using them for synergy transfers.

AKDevil

Is he even allowed to register and play for another club so quickly, if he’s already been at three this year?
Depends on a couple of things. If they activated a pre-agreed option to buy it might count as a transfer from a previous window (like Chelsea were able to do so with Kovacic even though banned from registering new players). If so, he is then allowed to be sold on for profit. Also, you can be registered with three different clubs in one season but only play for two.

mav_9me

Juventus brought him to Italy in synergy with Sassuolo because Juventus did not have NON EU spot last year and once when player come to Italy that rule erases (Juventus convinced demiral and his representatives to accept sassuolo deal because he had other offers). Sassuolo bought him for 7.5mil euro and sell with double earning to balance their book (15mil plus 3mil bonuses). Also Sassuolo this summer rejected 25 mil from Atletico de Madrid because in every case they did not want to ruin their relationship with Juventus and broke earlier agreement (because there are many transfers between that two clubs especially loans from Juventus to Sassuolo). In Italy Juventus have had best relations with Sassuolo and almost every time have used them to balance financial books or using them for synergy transfers.
Thanks for the explanation.

Sterling Archer

Sheesh that's some shady stuff

jesperjaap

They possibly have but we have bought our share of "up and coming" defenders without one world class one to show for all the money spent.
All the more worrying really then isnt it. Who knows if it was scouts or management decisions but Rojo never looked that good before we signed him and Lindelof for Benfica was always nothing more than average to me. Didnt know anything of Bailly bar the Liverpool game to judge but generally our signings have been so poor the money thrown at pretty average players Depay, Lindelof, Rojo, Bailly, Herrera, Fred, Matic etc etc, amazing the amount of money we have spent on players not got me that excited at all when we have signed them.....kind of expect us to end up making a last minute move for Diaz this window, would be a typical poor average buy from us

Signing centre backs isnt easy though, just look at the money City have thrown at centre backs and pretty much the first one they signed in Kompany when they ad money was a million miles above any they have signed since