Messi Neymar Mbappe - MNM (Eminem)

Rojofiam

So they're just gonna stroll to the CL title like the French League? Go past a Bayern, Juve (I assume they'll get better with Allegri), City, United, Pool or Chelsea with ease? Or you just think United shouldn't be mentioned in the conversation? We have a very good manager and our squad's quality is up there with the teams I just mentioned barring maybe Bayern and City.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
So they're just gonna stroll to the CL title like the French League? Go past a Bayern, Juve (I assume they'll get better with Allegri), City, United, Pool or Chelsea with ease? Or you just think United shouldn't be mentioned in the conversation? We have a very good manager and our squad's quality is up there with the teams I just mentioned barring maybe Bayern and City.

We can eliminate them, any team can eliminate any team.
But I disagree about having a very good manager. Ole is lucky, just like Southgate.

MalcolmTucker

Neymar worked hard off the ball when he was at Barcelona and Suarez did too.

All three of Neymar, Mbappe and Messi are lazy off the ball so I'd be surprised if they are better than MSN. Guess it depends on whether PSG can create a platform for them to shine.

Rojofiam

We can eliminate them, any team can eliminate any team.
But I disagree about having a very good manager. Ole is lucky, just like Southgate.
It's not the Ole thread, so not gonna start an argument but that's ridiculous :lol: Southgate is not fit to lace Ole's boots. If anything, Ole's been unlucky, but whatever you say

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
It's not the Ole thread, so not gonna start an argument but that's ridiculous :lol: Southgate is not fit to lace Ole's boots. If anything, Ole's been unlucky, but whatever you say
Threads in redcafe always get derailed, so no worries.
How he has been unlucky?
Just like Southgate, he has received a big job for which he is limited, and is dragged by the quality of few players.
Tactically he is limited, and just like Southgate in big moments he is a coward, sticking to his rigid formations, rather than being bold.
I don't see much difference

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Neymar worked hard off the ball when he was at Barcelona and Suarez did too.

All three of Neymar, Mbappe and Messi are lazy off the ball so I'd be surprised if they are better than MSN. Guess it depends on whether PSG can create a platform for them to shine.
Actually, Neymar worked quite hard against the ball last season and Messi improved that aspect of his game, too, under Koeman.

Tallis

Should be enough to help them reclaim the Ligue 1 title, with a quarter final loss to Chelsea in the CL.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I don’t think they’ll stroll through CL at all, but we should absolutely pump the brakes on anything United and CL related when United couldn’t even get out of the group stage. That doesn’t mean United won’t get out of the group stage this year, but there is nothing from United that has shown us they are ready to beat any elite team with ease in CL until it happens.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Suarez provided the workrate in that trio.

Messi will set up plenty of chances up for both of them.
Neymar will still be a show pony.
Mbappe's close control and decision making will still let him down.

For a top class defender i don't think they look too difficult, relative to their ability. You know Mbappe's first instinct is to take you on using his pace, but he will let the ball get a distance away from him. You know Neymar will always try to beat you before he thinks about passing. They're both exceptionally talented but all too predictable at PSG. Axel Tuanzebe, who lets face it is not a very good defender, had them in his pocket.

The unknown is Messi and what he will bring. Will we get the lazy version on a retirement tour, or will a new environment reignite the fire in him.
Oh my, that's such a poor review of Neymar's performances especially in the CL. He does dribble too much when the team fails collectively and there's few good options. Other than that, if there's a key pass to make without dribbling, he'll make it.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
It's weaker than MSN. Messi is much older (still quite effective mind you, but his numbers aren't godly as before). Mbappe as he is now, which is still great, is still not Saurez at his peak; Saurez at his peak was basically Ronaldo/Messi level. Neymar skill wise is about the same as before, but he's never fit for the whole season, I feel like his numbers in Ligue 1 should be much higher.

Oh my, that's such a poor review of Neymar's performances especially in the CL. He does dribble too much when the team fails collectively and there's few good options. Other than that, if there's a key pass to make without dribbling, he'll make it.
But the team fails collectively every time they face a decent opponent.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
We better enjoy it, because I can't see it lasting beyond this season so they need to make the most of it. How PSG replaces Mbappe for next season will be interesting if everything goes according to the narrative, because whoever comes in will get to play with Neymar and Messi next season.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
But the team fails collectively every time they face a decent opponent.
Yeah right, look at Barcelonas results when PSG faced them last year. And Bayern. Just because lewa wasn't playing doesn't make them shit all of a sudden,especially when PSG plays with Bakker, Dagba or Danilo as center back. Your argument is absurd.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don’t think they’ll stroll through CL at all, but we should absolutely pump the brakes on anything United and CL related when United couldn’t even get out of the group stage. That doesn’t mean United won’t get out of the group stage this year, but there is nothing from United that has shown us they are ready to beat any elite team with ease in CL until it happens.
Except for us beating the last two finalists multiple times over the last few seasons. We’ll knock you lot out as well if you have enough players to put a team out. ;)

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Except for us beating the last two finalists multiple times over the last few seasons. We’ll knock you lot out as well if you have enough players to put a team out. ;)
I think United are a good team. Don’t get me wrong. I just don’t see anything to go over the top with hyperbole for them.

Yeah right, look at Barcelonas results when PSG faced them last year. And Bayern. Just because lewa wasn't playing doesn't make them shit all of a sudden,especially when PSG plays with Bakker, Dagba or Danilo as center back. Your argument is absurd.
Bayern had something like 35 shots on goal in that game with a striker who couldn't even make it in the Championship up front, so yeah Lewa not playing did make a difference.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Im not sure about Mbappe but selfish was one of the last words you’d use to describe MSN when they played together.

Where they’ll struggle though is a lack of work rate and that’ll probably end up being their undoing against better opponents
People really overrate the importance of work rate for forwards that are elite like these three. I’d rather have them just sit up top and wait for a break because 3v3 in space they’ll be unstoppable

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Bayern had something like 35 shots on goal in that game with a striker who couldn't even make it in the Championship up front, so yeah Lewa not playing did make a difference.
Yeah so Lewa made a difference but PSG playing with Bakker, Kehrer, Dagba or Danilo didn't? Biased much? What about Barcelona who didn't loose in La Liga for 2 months before facing PSG?

Yeah so Lewa made a difference but PSG playing with Bakker, Kehrer, Dagba or Danilo didn't? Biased much? What about Barcelona who didn't loose in La Liga for 2 months before facing PSG?
So one game in how many years...and Mbappe scored or created all the goals didn't he? Its not exactly saying they're a great team is it.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
So one game in how many years...and Mbappe scored or created all the goals didn't he? Its not exactly saying they're a great team is it.
No he didn't, he benefited from a lot of good pass from teamates. Just say you hate PSG instead of trying to cover that up, your ignorance is pretty obvious.

No he didn't, he benefited from a lot of good pass from teamates. Just say you hate PSG instead of trying to cover that up, your ignorance is pretty obvious.
Oh I do hate PSG, but I can also be objective :)

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Put some respect on Choupo-Moting's name, he was their most dangerous player. Also, unlike Choupo, Lewa didn't make the difference in last year's final against PSG, so it's silly to assume he would have in that game, or Bayern would have been as dominant with him on the team, every little changes can have a massive impact and each game is different. That Bayern series was weird though, because PSG won while being dominated in Munich, and they lost dominating Bayern in Paris.

But above all, these are completely pointless conversations, 'if this then that' can go on forever and nobody really cares in the end. He wasn't there and Bayern lost and no one will remember the details soon.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
If we play them in the Champions League, we'll play Pogba Sancho and Greenwood as our front three. PSG against PSG.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Suarez provided the workrate in that trio.

Messi will set up plenty of chances up for both of them.
Neymar will still be a show pony.
Mbappe's close control and decision making will still let him down.

For a top class defender i don't think they look too difficult, relative to their ability. You know Mbappe's first instinct is to take you on using his pace, but he will let the ball get a distance away from him. You know Neymar will always try to beat you before he thinks about passing. They're both exceptionally talented but all too predictable at PSG. Axel Tuanzebe, who lets face it is not a very good defender, had them in his pocket.

The unknown is Messi and what he will bring. Will we get the lazy version on a retirement tour, or will a new environment reignite the fire in him.
If this was true then they wouldn't be regarded as two of the best attackers on the planet and have insane numbers to go with it both in the CL and their respective national team.

If this was true then they wouldn't be regarded as two of the best attackers on the planet and have insane numbers to go with it both in the CL and their respective national team.
Do they? Both are brilliant players but I think think you could say they've both failed to deliver when it really counted in the CL. Mbappe has had a couple of world class performances but its not been enough.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Why does every forward line have to get this treatment. MSN BBC MNM, can't wait till City start Sterling, Torres and Delap up front.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Do they? Both are brilliant players but I think think you could say they've both failed to deliver when it really counted in the CL. Mbappe has had a couple of world class performances but its not been enough.
Not been enough for what, being considered difficult to defend against? They contribute to over one goal per CL game each for PSG, I'd say that's very good numbers.

Failing to deliver when it really counts in the CL is also something very different from being not too difficult to defend against.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They only "failed to deliver when it counted" if you compare them to prime Messi/Cristiano

Otherwise they've been no different from other greats. They're 20 and 22 years old...

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
They only "failed to deliver when it counted" if you compare them to prime Messi/Cristiano

Otherwise they've been no different from other greats. They're 20 and 22 years old...
Neymar is 28

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Hopefully it will end up like Eminem & the novelty will wear off fairly quick
Think you'd be better of naming someone like Vanilla Ice, I'd rather they didn't end up as successful as one of the biggest selling rap artists of all time. :lol:

Who is? Neymar turns 30 this season.

Both are great players but they're not capable of doing everything themselves, neither was Messi or Ronaldo. When the rest of the team is so average they end up being a bit one dimensional in how they play.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Who is? Neymar turns 30 this season.

Both are great players but they're not capable of doing everything themselves, neither was Messi or Ronaldo. When the rest of the team is so average they end up being a bit one dimensional in how they play.
They just added Messi though. And Wijnaldum. And Hakimi. And Sergio Ramos. Those aren't average players...

They still have Verratti, Di Maria and Marquinhos, too

I mean, we're talking about a side that made the CL final last year(and really should have won that game) and the semifinal this year, going out to two freak goals(and missing Mbappé for the second leg). And they added freaking Messi to it! Maybe it won't work, but the idea that they would be easy to deal with is insane

They just added Messi though. And Wijnaldum. And Hakimi. And Sergio Ramos. Those aren't average players...

They still have Verratti, Di Maria and Marquinhos, too

I mean, we're talking about a side that made the CL final last year(and really should have won that game) and the semifinal this year, going out to two freak goals(and missing Mbappé for the second leg). And they added freaking Messi to it! Maybe it won't work, but the idea that they would be easy to deal with is insane
Easy is relative. But outside of a couple of stellar Mbappe performances every decent side they have faced has shut them down effectively. Will Messi & Co change that, maybe. But I'm not convinced they won't still be less than the sum of their parts.