Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
You couldn’t argue both ways equally when analysing them as players, Messi scores as much goals and does everything else better, it’s not up for debate, Messi is the only player who combines Ronaldo scoring prowess while having the most key passes, dribbles, chances created in Europe.
Yeah but clutch or something.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Wait the nation's league is an international trophy now? People are so silly, it's the equivalent of a pre season tournament.

Unless of course we win it, then it's massive and we're the greatest footballing nation in existence.

That 3rd Ronaldo goal was just a poor man's Robben copy though. He will never be as great.

freeurmind

weak willed
It’s not a contest for me, never really has been. Today for example performance wise Shaqiri was by far the best attacking player on the pitch, Ronaldo stole the show with three goals, but what many more articulate posters than myself have been trying to explain to the Ronaldo loyalists is that combines that performance of Shaqiri, passing dribbling wise(plus more) and still scores the hat trick, if you’re knowledge of football is not nuanced enough to see the difference then what more can we say?..

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Any United fan who still thinks it's Messi is either an idiot or not really a United fan or both. Thankful that the greatest to ever play the game graced our football club.

Please be a parody. Please.

Actually I've changed my mind, please be real :lol:.

Righteous Steps

Yeah all he does is key passes and score nearly twice as many goals and get nearly twice as many assists. As well as win two trophies to Ronaldo's one this year, as well as go further in the CL.

But that Ronaldo, boy did he deliver in the ultimate pressure cooker situation, the nations league against Switzerland. The true test, debate closed. That nations league trophy he hasn't even won yet absolutely settles this debate.
:lol:

el3mel

I still on my opinion that Messi is overall the better footballer but Ronaldo has the better career. Doesn't mean Messi's career is not great by any means but I prefer Ronaldo's one though.

predator

Youth NITK
Not even close. Maradona, Pele, Cruyff and C Ronaldo were/are all better.
Well, maybe so but it's impossible to compare players from different eras. I can only comment from what I've seen as a 24 year old. Ronaldo de Lima is my favourite player ever. He was monstrous but I think C Ronaldo and Messi have changed the game completely. They have been streets ahead of everyone else for 10 years now. Add to that I think the standard of football is exponentially increasing so with all due respect to legends of the yesteryear I do think we are seeing a better standard of football now whether its fitness levels, pressure, exposure, sports science advancements etc. C Ronaldo and messi are the best for me and messi especially is simply the greatest footballer I think we have seen this far, with all things considered.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Mate he's just fecking with you. He closed the poll to troll you, because some of you get quite defensive about it. How is it still not obvious.
I don’t think it’s that straight forward. Respect your opinion though.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Why are people even fans of players who don't play for their clubs? So fecking odd.

Like sure, I hero worshipped Bale. And then he left the football club I actually support so I no longer gave a feck about him.

He moved away from United like a decade ago, get over it.

edit: Who even cares who won a poll it's totally meaningless :lol:.

freeurmind

weak willed
Why are people even fans of players who don't play for their clubs? So fecking odd.

Like sure, I hero worshipped Bale. And then he left the football club I actually support so I no longer gave a feck about him.

Hard to get excited about Sanchez and Lukaku.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

I have a soft spot for a few Feyenoord academy lads. Like Wijnaldum and Van Persie when he was at Arsenal. I think though that most adamant support comes from Portuguese people which I kind of understand. Id definitely think Cr was the greatest if he were Dutch.

He's not though and neither is Messi, so feck em.

Shinjch

People are absolutely mental.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I have a soft spot for a few Feyenoord academy lads. Like Wijnaldum and Van Persie when he was at Arsenal. I think though that most adamant support comes from Portuguese people which I kind of understand. Id definitely think Cr was the greatest if he were Dutch.

He's not though and neither is Messi, so feck em.
There's players I like to watch and admire, but nowhere near to the extent that people rally around Messi/Ronaldo. Like some sort of cult.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
Dear Cristiano,

You are 34 years old and still you are carrying your country in major tournaments. How do you always do it?

Please reply.

- Leo

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout

Well you see...
People are absolutely mental.

predator

Youth NITK
You couldn’t argue both ways equally when analysing them as players, Messi scores as much goals and does everything else better, it’s not up for debate, Messi is the only player who combines Ronaldo scoring prowess while having the most key passes, dribbles, chances created in Europe.
You can argue it anyway you like. What exactly is the definition of the best player? Stats aren't everything in football. If stats are the main barometer of being the best then does trophy count matter?

Imo, the best player in the world, in a team, in a league, in any group of players has to be considered by stats but also as a footballer and how they play the game so beautifully.

It's completely subjective. To throw another spanner in the works ( I regard messi as the goat) I reckon if you asked a large sample of pro managers who they would rather have in their starting 11 for a final between Messi and Ronaldo, I bet they would mostly pick the latter due to his proven record in different leagues, his all round ability and his mentality.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Renaming friendlies into Nation's league was genius though. It's a major international trophy now. That bald Blattery dude is a fecking genius.

Or is it the UEFA..

Status
Not open for further replies.