Messi v Ronaldo | Contains double your daily salt allowance

Messi or Ronaldo

• Messi

• Ronaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pickle85

The moronic “outside his comfort zone” topic when he just won a trophy with Argentina as the leading scorer and assister of the entire tourney.
To be fair it's an international trophy at the eighteenth time of trying or something. He should have had a few more (copas, at least) to date TBF.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Typical display of non-greatness in the face of the slightest adversity from the non-GOAT. Can't even blame it on shit team mates getting red cards and assisting the other team or an artificial pitch.
How I wish this post was satire. If it was it’d be quite good.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
To be fair it's an international trophy at the eighteenth time of trying or something. He should have had a few more (copas, at least) to date TBF.
Sure, but he got it done and went to plenty of finals as well and has had multiple player of the tournament outside of Barca. So the outside his comfort zone bs needs to die

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Outside his comfort zone was talking about PSG specifically. He's been playing for Argentina for a while, last time I checked :lol: It will take a few games to be consistently good at PSG. What he did for Argentina means feck all when it comes to his club form
No, it doesn’t. Different team is a different team. At the end of the day he’s gotten multiple player of the tournament from a different team than Barca. So my point still stands.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
No, it doesn’t. Different team is a different team. At the end of the day he’s gotten multiple player of the tournament from a different team than Barca. So my point still stands.
But your point has feck all to do with what I was saying :confused: How the feck does playing outside his comfort zone implies the Argie team ?

DiabloMadridista

Supports
Real Madrid and United
Greetings, newbie here.

As a Madrid and Man Utd fan, I'll go with Ronaldo if we are talking about their entire careers. He has certainly worked hard enough for almost two decades to compensate the advantage Messi has over him in the raw talent department.
His statistics and trophies are there to prove my point.

Messi has been missing from big matches for a couple years now, which is odd when you look how easily he used to score against Big 6 teams or Madrid in his early years.

The Copa America bit someone mentioned a couple pages back, well...That was basically a tough game against Brazil (in which Messi did nothing of note, and even missed a biggie) and a few skirmishes against B or C-tier teams. Not to mention they are hosting this tournament every 2 years now... Laughable.

As for now, Messi is a better all-around player while Ronaldo keeps being an elite finisher. And the quality of their everyday opposition will be quite different as well. I predict that in the next couple years we'll probably see Messi scoring 40 to 50 goals in the weak French league, and hype around Lionel will be at an all-time high. Brace yourselves for that one.
I hope Cristiano keeps up with Messi and bags us a couple trophies during this second era

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
But your point has feck all to do with what I was saying :confused: How the feck does playing outside his comfort zone implies the Argie team ?
Because you are saying he can’t do it outside of Barcelona, hence the comfort zone nonsense. Argentina is a completely different with tons of different players and coaches over the years and he’s done pretty damn well over there

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Because you are saying he can’t do it outside of Barcelona, hence the comfort zone nonsense. Argentina is a completely different with tons of different players and coaches over the years and he’s done pretty damn well over there
I said he cannot go full force, it doesn't mean he cannot do it outside of Barca, he'll play well, he'll score and assists because the ligue 1 is very weak but the days of Messi playing with full intensity are completely gone, he's a different player. He won't be close to being the player he was at Barca for PSG but the context is different, very much so

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Go ahead and disprove it
Disprove that a seven time ballon D’or winner, four time champions league winner, 6 time golden boot winner, four time IFFHS playmaker of the year winner, 3 time international tournament MVP winner and scorer of 31 goals in finals ‘typically displays non-greatness in the face of the slightest adversity’?! Because he didn’t play particularly well in his full debut in one group game that they didn’t even lose?

Dear oh dear……

Anto

Its sad Messi hasn't looked the same since Iniesta and Xavi left him.
I think its safe to say Ronaldo has had a better start to the season so far for his new team opposed to Messi :devil:

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Disprove that a seven time ballon D’or winner, four time champions league winner, 6 time golden boot winner, four time IFFHS playmaker of the year winner, 3 time international tournament MVP winner and scorer of 31 goals in finals ‘typically displays non-greatness in the face of the slightest adversity’?! Because he didn’t play particularly well in his full debut in one game that they didn’t even lose?

Dear oh dear……
You didn't disprove that he played badly and had nobody else to blame. You listed his accomplishments. You people are funny.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
You didn't disprove that he played badly and had nobody else to blame. You listed his accomplishments. You people are funny.
But he didn’t just say that he played badly, did he? Try and read what he actually wrote. Why would I try and disprove that he played badly? That’s an odd request.

Anto

You fellas should be getting paid for the dedicated defence of Messi. Both of you cant even admit when he has had a poor game.

jm99

first match in several months playing 90 minutes. He’ll be fine eventually. Psg looked poor today for sure
Didn't he play 90 minutes on Friday? He was starting and he scored his last goal in the 88th minute so if he didn't he played at least 89 minutes

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
and yet he won a trophy giving him the coming ballon d’or with a team outside his “comfort zone”
Argentina is outside of his comfort zone ? :lol:

Anyway he was atrocious today but I don't understand why Poch played him where he did. Surely better to be drifting off of the left or be more central? He was loitering around on the right and had no real impact. He managed a few dribbles but overall it didn't work out.

I think he's gonna get a positional change and fast because walking up and down the right side wont work.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Argentina is outside of his comfort zone ? :lol:

Anyway he was atrocious today but I don't understand why Poch played him where he did. Surely better to be drifting off of the left or be more central? He was loitering around on the right and had no real impact. He managed a few dribbles but overall it didn't work out.

I think he's gonna get a positional change and fast because walking up and down the right side wont work.
The knock against Messi for several years was he couldn’t do it outside of Barcelona and somehow Argentina was proof of that prior to this last summer.

messi wasn’t good today for sure, but give him time. First 90 minute match in months. Had a slow start last season as well.

mu4c_20le

I think some of you have it backwards, Messi doesn't have to get used to PSG, PSG has to get used to Messi. He seems to need the team and tactics to revolve around him to get the best out of him. I was actually quite shocked as he looked like a fish out of water today, bit like when McGregor finally fought a grappler in Diaz and got owned.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I think some of you have it backwards, Messi doesn't have to get used to PSG, PSG has to get used to Messi. He seems to need the team and tactics to revolve around him to get the best out of him. I was actually quite shocked as he looked like a fish out of water today, bit like when McGregor finally fought a grappler in Diaz and got owned.
Not at all, he’s been playing different-ish positions all along with Barca whether it’s as a false 9 or playing the right side. Messi will adapt. Lots of new pieces on psg will take time for everyone to assimilate.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
You fellas should be getting paid for the dedicated defence of Messi. Both of you cant even admit when he has had a poor game.
Oh, he was far from good today. Don’t see how anyone can argue otherwise. Just that he may not even be fully match fit yet so the overreactions are humorous .

mu4c_20le

Try not to cry when Messi wins his 7th Ballon D’Or and cements himself as the best player of this generation ;)
He hasn't been the best player for almost 7 years now, VVD was better two years ago. And if he keeps playing like he does then Jorginho is a shoe in.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
The knock against Messi for several years was he couldn’t do it outside of Barcelona and somehow Argentina was proof of that prior to this last summer.

messi wasn’t good today for sure, but give him time. First 90 minute match in months. Had a slow start last season as well.
Only clueless people thought that. Why would an all time great player not be able to play in another team? Has there ever been a player of that level who couldn’t play in another team? Like even one?

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
He hasn't been the best player for almost 7 years now, VVD was better two years ago. And if he keeps playing like he does then Jorginho is a shoe in.
Haha, VVD? False.

Plus he scored a brilliant hattrick just a few days ago.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Don’t be a moron, this is too much. Even Liverpool players admitted Messi deserved it over VVD which really hammers it home. He a heavy favourite for the next ballon d’or. Don’t be so thick, this is just sad

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Only clueless people thought that. Why would an all time great player not be able to play in another team? Has there ever been a player of that level who couldn’t play in another team? Like even one?
I agree, one of the most laughable narratives I’ve read

Status
Not open for further replies.