• Ronaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
You know the force is a fictional concept from a kids’ film right? Looks like the grip on reality is not strong with this one.

And of course I think Messi can do wrong, I’ve criticised him many times on these boards (e.g. the fact that he has no goals in the KO rounds of the WC).

You thinking Ronaldo can do wrong though? That’s a true impossibility.
The moment you said Hazard could be Messi and better then Ronaldo you disqualified yourself from any sensible debate.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Dude your only argument is “your a Ronaldo worshiper” your points makes no sense.

It’s hilarious that you call anyone who prefers Ronaldo a “Ronaldo worshiper” when your literally on your knees for Messi defending him none stop for 3 days.

It’s fine I get it your threatened that Ronaldo is a better player Jesus just move on.
Youve been defending Ronaldo on here non stop for about 10 years by the looks of things so I think you should seriously consider who feels ‘threatened’ here :lol:

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
The moment you said Hazard could be Messi and better then Ronaldo you disqualified yourself from any sensible debate.
And the moment you said the greatest player of all time (Pele) was the 5th best and from a ‘nothing era’, you disqualified yourself from any credibility.

SportingCP96

Supports
Youve been defending Ronaldo on here non stop for about 10 years by the looks of things so I think you should seriously consider who feels ‘threatened’ here :lol:
This is my first time back on this thread in months.

I legit never come on this thread because of debates like these.

SportingCP96

Supports
And the moment you said the greatest player of all time (Pele) was the 5th best and from a ‘nothing era’, you disqualified yourself from any credibility.
1. Never said he was 5th I said top 5 so improve your reading and comprehension

2. Yes I was able to form an opinion based on research and knowledge and backed it ip with evidence and numbers I’ve even made a post about it before which included more detail.

But ya someone told you Pele when you were young and this is what you think.

Their is a reason people usually have Messi Ronaldo and Maradona together and not Pele with those 3. He’s probably 4 but I would not be surprised if Fat Ronaldo would be placed ahead of him as he played in a much more difficult era and has two world cups just like pele (pele has 3 world cups like Messi has 4 CL. It’s 2 and 3 respectively).

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
1. Never said he was 5th I said top 5 so improve your reading and comprehension

2. Yes I was able to form an opinion based on research and knowledge and backed it ip with evidence and numbers I’ve even made a post about it before which included more detail.

But ya someone told you Pele when you were young and this is what you think.

Their is a reason people usually have Messi Ronaldo and Maradona together and not Pele with those 3. He’s probably 4 but I would not be surprised if Fat Ronaldo would be placed ahead of him as he played in a much more difficult era and has two world cups just like pele (pele has 3 world cups like Messi has 4 CL. It’s 2 and 3 respectively).
False

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Dude your only argument is “your a Ronaldo worshiper” your points makes no sense.

It’s hilarious that you call anyone who prefers Ronaldo a “Ronaldo worshiper” when your literally on your knees for Messi defending him none stop for 3 days.

It’s fine I get it your threatened that Ronaldo is a better player Jesus just move on.
Me = Messi and Ronaldo are in GOAT debate. I prefer Ronaldo but if you prefer Messi you're right as well.

You = Neymar is better than Ronaldo. A more consistent Hazard is better than Ronaldo.

I wonder who is the "worshiper" of which player

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Me = Messi and Ronaldo are in GOAT debate. I prefer Ronaldo but if you prefer Messi you're right as well.

You = Neymar is better than Ronaldo. A more consistent Hazard is better than Ronaldo.

I wonder who is the "worshiper" of which player
So point to a time on here when you criticised Ronaldo.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Greatness in my mind comes from standing up and being the difference when it really matters. Ronaldo seems to do that pretty much every time. Pressure and expectation is like rocket fuel for him. Messi at his best is still the best player I've ever seen, but being unplayable for 30 games of the season doesn't matter if everything crumbles in game 31 and the team doesn't win. Messi's capitulations and subsequent tantrum mini-retirements with Argentina are not what I'd associate with true GOAT-level greatness. Not his multiple humiliations in recent years in the CL either.
All this non-sense about "capitulations".

Just because Cristiano was moving his hands and screaming at his teammates when Portugal got trashed by Germany in 2014, knocked out by Uruguay in 2018, and knocked out by Belgium in 2021 doesn't mean he is better player than Messi.
That's more about personality than anything.

And btw Cristiano played like shit against Uruguay and Belgium, so all his gestures were for nothing.

Imagine thinking that doing gestures when losing(while also playing bad individually) means something when discussing who's the better player...i can't.

Eddy_JukeZ

It’s an insult to being up one of the best players of his generation and speculate on how he could have been better? Sure OK
You can speculate how Ronaldo/Messi could have been better too.

It's just silly. Hazard is nowhere near them.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
You can speculate how Ronaldo/Messi could have been better too.

It's just silly. Hazard is nowhere near them.
Ronaldo and Messi have done everything with what they were given. So I don’t think you can really speculate on that.

Eddy_JukeZ

Ronaldo and Messi have done everything with what they were given. So I don’t think you can really speculate on that.
What if Messi was better in penalties?

What if Ronaldo's decision-making was a bit more optimal during his early prime years?

Now, I think both would be silly speculations too as I thought your speculations about Hazard were silly.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
What if Messi was better in penalties?

What if Ronaldo's decision-making was a bit more optimal during his early prime years?

Now, I think both would be silly speculations too as I thought your speculations about Hazard were silly.
Those are very small things compared to Hazard taking entire seasons off to chill and only bothering to score one goal in half a season after the 2014 title season.

SportingCP96

Supports
Those are very small things compared to Hazard taking entire seasons off to chill and only bothering to score one goal in half a season after the 2014 title season.
But those are the exact reasons he is not the other two.

I can speculate what if Quaresma had the drive of Ronaldo considering he was a more talented player then hazard.

Or maybe even Dani as well I could speculate. Hell you can speculate for everyone.

I can speculate about Ronaldo and Messi too maybe they would be even better.

The point is not in any world would hazard ever come near being able to wipe Ronaldo or Messi arse let alone be better or equal to them.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
But those are the exact reasons he is not the other two.

I can speculate what if Quaresma had the drive of Ronaldo considering he was a more talented player then hazard.

Or maybe even Dani as well I could speculate. Hell you can speculate for everyone.

I can speculate about Ronaldo and Messi too maybe they would be even better.

The point is not in any world would hazard ever come near being able to wipe Ronaldo or Messi arse let alone be better or equal to them.
No those aren’t the reasons he’s not the other two. Penalties? Did you read what he wrote?

He’s one of the best players of his generation, they’re two of the greatest players of all time. Like with Neymar (another generational great), it’s interesting to consider what separates them. And it’s not just ‘talent’.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
I've seen some, not a lot, whilst it makes for great highlight videos, I don't think you can claim he's anywhere near being best in the world when he wasn't even dominating the Argie league.
Not sure what you mean here. He did dominate the Argie league (scoring and creating prolifically) and won the title with Boca. He also won South American player of the year as a teenager. If you watch the international friendly between England and Argentina in 1980 (the one where Maradona went on a run past 3 players and then flicked the ball just past the post), the commentator mentions that the match features the ‘two best players in the world’ in Kevin Keegan and Maradona, cos Keegan was the Ballon D’Or holder and Maradona had the aforementioned South American equivalent. The match makes it pretty clear who the better player was. He was only 19 at this time.

If you watch the World Cup match between Brazil and Argentina in the 1982 World Cup, the commentator there again describes him as the world’s greatest player. And this is on a pitch with luminaries like Zico and Socrates.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
City wanted him, they didn't get him because during negotiations United gazomped them.

But sure, City as always, were in fact the ones to turn him down. fecking hell, some of you lot would believe the sky was purple if City's PR machine fed it to you. Gullible doesn't cut it. :lol:
You sound like you have some insecurity about this. It’s just what makes more sense. We know CR7 entered in negotiations with them, then he tried PSG, then United came in.

I just don’t think it makes as much sense for them to take an aging CR7 for a 3 year contract at astronomical wage when there’s better options in the long term available next season, like Haaland.

CR7 is a United legend so even though it’s a little risky to give him a 3 year contract at his current wage, the effect it has on the fans and the club will have an intangible effect. But I can already imagine some of you will make threads about regretting signing him if it means Haaland goes to City or another PL team. I don’t think it’s them saving face, I just think they have other targets in mind and don’t want to be tied down to CR7 for 2-3 years.

But if it makes you feel better, then sure, City is steaming mad and you guys snatched him from right under their nose. He certainly would have had a great impact on their team, that’s undeniable, but next season will determine whether that was a good thing or not.

You sound like you have some insecurity about this. It’s just what makes more sense.
”Insecurity”, there’s a good argument.

As if City or PSG ever care about the cost, my lord man. I guess pretending you both do makes you feel a little less hollow about what your club has become, so keep telling yourself such fairy tales.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Right, yours was very substantial? As much as it being "intellectually dishonest" to think Ronaldo has better goals :lol:
Yes. At least in comparison to anything you have posted in this thread. But it was expected as I'm interested in the football while you're interested in the person :) And that's also the reason for your intellectual dishonesty/cognitive dissonances. Ronaldo has to come out on top for you, everything else is negotiable.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Messi was diabolical tonight.

Just walked around all game and offered absolutely nothing.

Red Stone

Just walked around all game and offered absolutely nothing.
Typical display of non-greatness in the face of the slightest adversity from the non-GOAT. Can't even blame it on shit team mates getting red cards and assisting the other team or an artificial pitch.

Gonçalo Motta

A bit underwhelmed with Messi this game tbh.

I was kinda expecting him to go full force with that front 3, especially because it is his first full 90m this season. It's like he isn't motivated anymore

It's just one game though, but it isn't looking great

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
One interesting thing is how a lot of people mock Ronaldo for PR and how he does a lot of stuff for PR but I must say that Messi actually has a superb PR team behind him who do their job without getting mentioned at all . Messi had the choice to move to any club in the world , he chose to join the club backed by Qatar and there was very little discussion about it and everyone just took it . Same way he will play at PSG and take most of the free kicks & Penalties but there won’t be any discussion about it unlike there is for Ronaldo

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

I was kinda expecting him to go full force with that front 3, especially because it is his first full 90m this season. It's like he isn't motivated anymore

He cannot go full force. This is all new to him, he's out of his comfort zone

kouroux

One interesting thing is how a lot of people mock Ronaldo for PR and how he does a lot of stuff for PR but I must say that Messi actually has a superb PR team behind him who do their job without getting mentioned at all . Messi had the choice to move to any club in the world , he chose to join the club backed by Qatar and there was very little discussion about it and everyone just took it . Same way he will play at PSG and take most of the free kicks & Penalties but there won’t be any discussion about it unlike there is for Ronaldo
For pens, they're open for debates but for FKs he should take them (specially if they're close to the box) without question

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona

He had a slow start last season and is now the favorites for the ballon d’or. Ronaldo has had many slow starts in seasons past. Give Messi time.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
because Ronaldo is ATROCIOUS at freekicks and has zero business taking them at Juventus or for the national team. Ronaldo has scored just one FK out of his last 72 attempts(!!)

Messi should absolutely be taking free kicks for psg

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Typical display of non-greatness in the face of the slightest adversity from the non-GOAT. Can't even blame it on shit team mates getting red cards and assisting the other team or an artificial pitch.
Shit teammates :lol: :lol: The club finished second in the epl

Eddy_JukeZ

I wouldn't be surprised if Ronaldo had a better season than Messi.

Pretty sure he'll score more definitely, but it's early days. Messi was awful to start last season.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I wouldn't be surprised if Ronaldo had a better season than Messi.

Pretty sure he'll score more definitely, but it's early days. Messi was awful to start last season.
Yup, Messi started slow last season but played much better about 6 weeks in.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I don't see the point of what you're saying.
The moronic “outside his comfort zone” topic when he just won a trophy with Argentina as the leading scorer and assister of the entire tourney.

kouroux

The moronic “outside his comfort zone” topic when he just won a trophy with Argentina as the leading scorer and assister of the entire tourney.
Outside his comfort zone was talking about PSG specifically. He's been playing for Argentina for a while, last time I checked :lol: It will take a few games to be consistently good at PSG. What he did for Argentina means feck all when it comes to his club form

Status
Not open for further replies.