• Ronaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
That's why I say Messi is an artist, Ronaldo is a scientist. Ronaldo has data and numbers and ultimately facts. Messi is more a piece of Art you look and observe and wonder over its beauty - but ultimately its still just an opinion.
That's offensive. I mean, if you think Ronaldo isn't beautiful fine, but that doesn't mean he's a scientist. That's actually insulting both, Ronaldo AND scientists.

Moreover, could you please elaborate how Ronaldo "has data"? :)

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
For ultimately so far, just one club.

It's just like a vaccine trial-and-error; would you want one that has been tested and done most beautifully just in 1 body - or want one that proved it self in multiple bodies, in multiple locations against multiple symptoms and did it quick and sharp, by any method for any problem and is still going to this day in epic force and still on top of the individual charts?

I know who I chose. You may choose the beautiful version - but that's ultimately what's important to you, the fact that Messi does some consistency with added beauty.

For me, the beauty is not that important and that extra bit of consistency on top of arguably the most reliable player, able to do it for anywhere, any who, any time is what I value.

It's why Ronaldo and Messi will never end - we like Ronaldo for something we don't think Messi has a lot of, likewise you like Messi for something that you don't think Ronaldo has much of.
It's the same record every time.

But fair enough for favouring the journeyman over the "almost" one-club man.

Ladron de redcafe

That's offensive. I mean, if you think Ronaldo isn't beautiful fine, but that doesn't mean he's a scientist. That's actually insulting both, Ronaldo AND scientists.

Moreover, could you please elaborate how Ronaldo "has data"? :)
He probably means European Golden shoes. Whoops, that's Messi.

Might be league top scorer awards. Oh wait Messi has that record as well.

Perhaps all time record for goals in a calender year? Messi again.

Most goals in a season? Messi again.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

Doesnt count because he only did for Barcelona.

Anyways, Ronaldo can legitimately appreciate his CL record. Both his goals record and his trophies. That's the main thing he will presumably have over Messi.

DaGOAT

Ronaldo is pathetic for that post on social media. Shows how obsessed he is with Messi.
He posted a long diatribe about how he always congratulated whoever won and was a team player and then he commented “factos” on some dumbass Instagram fanboy post about how the Copa America sucks and they will “always do whatever they can to give Messi his award” despite what happened in 2018… that’s embarrassing for the guy who wrote that post, let alone Ronaldo.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
No one believed that Maldini was the best player ever because he is one of the players with most UCL. You could believe that if you saw something like Ballon d'Or in his resume as a player.
Maldini is best defender in History, if defenders leak goals you don't win shit even scoring a lot... pretty sure Messi know how this feels in his last years playing at Barca or the first years playing for Argentina.

I doubt Maldini cares about being called "best player ever", he is one of the most successful player/defender in History of Football, and a key player, not like Origi winning CL with Liverpool.

Last edited:

DaGOAT

Cristiano's Messi-related inferiority complex with some of his quotes through the years:

November 2008: "I’m the best player in the world, the second best player in the world and the third best player in the world. There are some more good players in the level behind me like Kaká, Torres and maybe Messi a bit, but I did all it takes to be the best."

July 2009: "I’m happy to be the most expensive player in the world. I worth 96M, others worth 0, perhaps. The price that was paid for me shows the difference."

February 2011: "I’m not going to answer the question, everyone already knows that I’m better than Messi."

September 2011: "They whistle me (on 'Messi, Messi' whistles to him in Spanish stadiums) because I’m better than their player. They’re envious. Those who does this are idiots. Everyone who likes football, likes Cristiano Ronaldo the most."

June 2012, after being whistled & eliminated from Euros 2012: "You know where Messi was in those heights in South America last year? Do You know what he did? Do You know or you don’t? He was eliminated in Copa America in his own country. I think that’s worse, don’t you?"

December 2012: "I should’ve won the last 3 Ballon d’Ors, but it doesn’t depend on me."

February 2013: "It doesn’t surprise me that Messi didn’t vote for me in the Ballon D’or, we know the reason." Ronaldo never voted for Messi, while Messi did in some years.

August 2014 regarding to winning UEFA’s best player: "If I didn’t win this award it wouldn’t surprise me, because nothing surprises me anymore after what happened with the Ballon d'Or in the prior years."

When Messi won his 5th Ballon d'Or in 2015, Cristiano said: "For me the European Golden Shoe is better than Ballon d'Or because it's won by your goals and not by votes. It's the best award out there" Cristiano had more Golden Shoes that time. Today Messi has 2 more than him. 6 Golden Shoes.

January 2017, during Fifa Best award ceremony: "I’m sorry for certain Barcelona people not being here, that’s speaks for itself, but I understand that." Note: Barcelona had a crucial away game the next day. Also Cristiano boycotted most of the ceremonies he lost.

December 2018: "Maybe Messi misses me. I played in England, Spain, Italy, Portugal, in the national team, while he is still in Spain. Maybe he needs me more. For me, life is a challenge, I like it, and I like to make people happy. I would like him to come to Italy one day." Former teammate Ryan Giggs stated: "Ronaldo is obsessed with being Messi, there are no two ways about it. Cristiano's latest comments about Lionel Messi prove I'm right. 'I did it in England, I did it in Spain, I'm going to do it in Italy. I did it with Portugal.' He thinks that will be his argument 'Am I better than Messi' ?"

September 2019: "I want to win more Ballon d'Or than Messi. I deserve it. I think I have to have 6 or 7 or 8 to be above him."

Speaking to L'Equipe, Cristiano’s sister Katia Ronaldo said: "We don't want to talk about Messi inside the house. His name is banned."

Ronaldo is so ridiculously thin-skinned and insecure. So arrogant he can’t fathom another player being greater than him.

He’ll never win another Ballon D’Or, and he knows it. Drives his crazy. Will never surpass Messi in Ballon D’Or or Golden Shoes. And it kills him.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina

More fanboys and fangirls? I am sure CR7 will win that

Ladron de redcafe

Cristiano's Messi-related inferiority complex with some of his quotes through the years:

November 2008: "I’m the best player in the world, the second best player in the world and the third best player in the world. There are some more good players in the level behind me like Kaká, Torres and maybe Messi a bit, but I did all it takes to be the best."

July 2009: "I’m happy to be the most expensive player in the world. I worth 96M, others worth 0, perhaps. The price that was paid for me shows the difference."

February 2011: "I’m not going to answer the question, everyone already knows that I’m better than Messi."

September 2011: "They whistle me (on 'Messi, Messi' whistles to him in Spanish stadiums) because I’m better than their player. They’re envious. Those who does this are idiots. Everyone who likes football, likes Cristiano Ronaldo the most."

June 2012, after being whistled & eliminated from Euros 2012: "You know where Messi was in those heights in South America last year? Do You know what he did? Do You know or you don’t? He was eliminated in Copa America in his own country. I think that’s worse, don’t you?"

December 2012: "I should’ve won the last 3 Ballon d’Ors, but it doesn’t depend on me."

February 2013: "It doesn’t surprise me that Messi didn’t vote for me in the Ballon D’or, we know the reason." Ronaldo never voted for Messi, while Messi did in some years.

August 2014 regarding to winning UEFA’s best player: "If I didn’t win this award it wouldn’t surprise me, because nothing surprises me anymore after what happened with the Ballon d'Or in the prior years."

When Messi won his 5th Ballon d'Or in 2015, Cristiano said: "For me the European Golden Shoe is better than Ballon d'Or because it's won by your goals and not by votes. It's the best award out there" Cristiano had more Golden Shoes that time. Today Messi has 2 more than him. 6 Golden Shoes.

January 2017, during Fifa Best award ceremony: "I’m sorry for certain Barcelona people not being here, that’s speaks for itself, but I understand that." Note: Barcelona had a crucial away game the next day. Also Cristiano boycotted most of the ceremonies he lost.

December 2018: "Maybe Messi misses me. I played in England, Spain, Italy, Portugal, in the national team, while he is still in Spain. Maybe he needs me more. For me, life is a challenge, I like it, and I like to make people happy. I would like him to come to Italy one day." Former teammate Ryan Giggs stated: "Ronaldo is obsessed with being Messi, there are no two ways about it. Cristiano's latest comments about Lionel Messi prove I'm right. 'I did it in England, I did it in Spain, I'm going to do it in Italy. I did it with Portugal.' He thinks that will be his argument 'Am I better than Messi' ?"

September 2019: "I want to win more Ballon d'Or than Messi. I deserve it. I think I have to have 6 or 7 or 8 to be above him."

Speaking to L'Equipe, Cristiano’s sister Katia Ronaldo said: "We don't want to talk about Messi inside the house. His name is banned."

Ronaldo is so ridiculously thin-skinned and insecure. So arrogant he can’t fathom another player being greater than him.

He’ll never win another Ballon D’Or, and he knows it. Drives his crazy. Will never surpass Messi in Ballon D’Or or Golden Shoes. And it kills him.
His obsession is weird :lol:

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
His obsession is weird :lol:
This is the pinnacle of human mental strength, the great role model that his fanboys and fangirls want their sons and daughters to model themselves after, to be a sore person. Siuuu!

Ladron de redcafe

This is the pinnacle of human mental strength, the great role model that his fanboys and fangirls want their sons and daughters to model themselves after, to be a sore person. Siuuu!
Embarrassed himself with the bitterness and as you alluded to, showed a type of fragility and insecurity you wouldn't want to see from an elite athlete.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I know, but like it or not, Ronaldo still have other major all time individual records, which would be talked for many years to come.

Career goal: Ronaldo 799 Messi 756
CL goal: Ronaldo 140 Messi 123
International goal: Ronaldo 115 Messi 80
WC + Euro/Copa goal: Ronaldo 21 Messi 19
CL top scorer awards: Ronaldo 7 Messi 6

Especially career goal and CL goal record, it would be very stupid to suggest anyone in football history would not be content holding those. Pele and Di Stefano, 2 of the GOAT, took their greatest pride on holding each those records for years. And now Ronaldo is the sole owner of all those big records.
Yeah the all time goals record is incredible and all time cl goals too. Can’t knock Ronnie for that

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Ronaldo has evolved his game better than Messi as they grew older. Ronaldo has much more passion, hunger, work ethic and seems more like a team player. Comparing Messi to Ronaldo seems like an unfair competition now. Messi no longer has the same passion as you can see when he just strole around on the pitch. Messi at his prime appeared almost godlike, but now Ronaldo seems the better player.

IFC 1905

Ronaldo has evolved his game better than Messi as they grew older. Ronaldo has much more passion, hunger, work ethic and seems more like a team player. Comparing Messi to Ronaldo seems like an unfair competition now. Messi no longer has the same passion as you can see when he just strole around on the pitch. Messi at his prime appeared almost godlike, but now Ronaldo seems the better player.
:lol::lol: Come on now

TheLiverBird

What you been smoking??

Any player that normally goes to a new league is normally given time to settle. Messi shouldn’t be any differently.

Messi has literally only just began his new venture and at the age of 34 too! Unlike Ronaldo he never done this before, So it’s entirely new for him experiencing a new club, way of working, language day to day set up etc

Ronaldo is used to that, he’s played in 5 different Leagues through out different stages of his career.

Last edited:

genardk

Supports
Juventus
Ronaldo has evolved into a complete poacher as he grew while Messi's primary job is playmaking and then scoring goals. You are talking like Messi is a poacher camping around the penalty box like Ronaldo.. You create chances for Ronaldo, he will score many goals but playmaking, dribbling past players, amazing passing skills, he has none of those.. It is easier to adapt to different leagues as a poacher..

Last edited:

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
What you been smoking??

Any player that normally goes to a new league is normally given time to settle. Messi shouldn’t be any differently.

Messi has literally only just began his new venture and at the age of 34 too! Unlike Ronaldo he never done this before, So it’s entirely new for him experiencing a new club, way of working, language day to day set up etc

Ronaldo is used to that, he’s played in 5 different Leagues through out different stages of his career.
I just talking about desire, work ethic, passion and hard work. Messi might be as talented or even more talented than Ronaldo right now, but Ronaldo destroys Messi with the attribute I listed from what I noted so far this season. It has nothing to do with settling in. You don't have to settle in to have the capacity to work hard. You will rarely see Ronaldo just stroling on the pitch, looking like he is the king of football and everyone should serve him. Messi has adopted that attitude since he has aged and he becomes a liability for teams that doesn't revolve around him.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
No, it's what Ronaldo thinks, because I'm taking his own words. Messi is more than content with having all the records that matter.

Your boy obviously isn't content with losing the Balón D'or race, because it's the most important record for him. And he's never going to be able to catch Messi there and hence the meltdowns.
Well if you insisted you know exactly what they think and know all their priorities in the back of their mind, you must think yourself as a God and I am not going to argue further. You are just turning all these into your own conviction really.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Ronaldo; what a man, what a winner; scoring 2 goals against a Top7 rival in the best league in the world.

Can you imagine current Messi doing that? I can't.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

To be honest, I think that’s just a case of Ronaldo being more honest and outspoken on their rivalry. This has essentially drive him and pushed them to their edge to try to become better than the other.

Messi had recently admitted he has been missing his rivalry with Ronaldo, and regards highly on that. He has also been “boycotting” some of the ceremony he was not winning in the past too mind. He is just, more laid back as a character and being less outspoken in public.

Truth is, Ronaldo always wants to be the best player in the world, and apparently, Messi is his only rival there. Same goes for Messi too.

Last edited:

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Ronaldo has evolved into a complete poacher as he grew while Messi's primary job is playmaking and then scoring goals. You are talking like Messi is a poacher camping around the penalty box like Ronaldo.. You create chances for Ronaldo, he will score many goals but playmaking, dribbling past players, amazing passing skills, he has none of those.. It is easier to adapt to different leagues as a poacher..
Except Messi isn’t doing any of the above. He’s walking around the pitch…

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
What you been smoking??

So Ronaldo is penalised because he walked into the hardest league on the planet into a dysfunctional team because he’s done it before, while Messi kops it easy because although he walked into a farmers league with a team that should be far and away the most dominant team in that league , he (Messi) struggling to adapt and is playing like utter shit.

Sorry but the mental gymnastics in your post is something else. This is before we even factor in that Ronaldo is 2 years older.

There’s a lot of revisioning going on right now to justify Messi’s decline while ronaldo continues to produce including making up bullshit scenarios by journalists regarding ronaldos mentality.

OleksUsykUD

No its not. That's why a lot of good Strikers failed when they change clubs, should i even mention names ???

Striker, either main, second, left, right, it's actually a position that the whole team need to adapt, as well as the forward. If you don't do that your team will suffer.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
What you been smoking??

Thing is, even if Messi settles in and performs well consistently, it still, well, Ligue 1....

There are some good teams there, but lets be frank, it is not PL-standards, by any means.

Ronaldo performing decent in PL is still more impressive than Messi doing great with PSG(potentially), in my opinion.

I really wish Messi went to City, cause outside of CL-games, there is little reason to care whats going on with him and his team.

genardk

Supports
Juventus
So Ronaldo is penalised because he walked into the hardest league on the planet into a dysfunctional team because he’s done it before, while Messi kops it easy because although he walked into a farmers league with a team that should be far and away the most dominant team in that league , he (Messi) struggling to adapt and is playing like utter shit.

Sorry but the mental gymnastics in your post is something else. This is before we even factor in that Ronaldo is 2 years older.

There’s a lot of revisioning going on right now to justify Messi’s decline while ronaldo continues to produce including making up bullshit scenarios by journalists regarding ronaldos mentality.
That dysfunctional team finished Premier League, "the hardest league on the planet" in your own words, 2nd last year, and 3rd in 2020, was a team on the rise prior to Ronaldo's arrival in "the hardest league on the planet". That dysfunctional team has also one of the top 3 most expensive squads in Europe.

By the way, many call PSG as a dysfunctional team as well. PSG finished "farmers league" Ligue 1 2nd last year, so was definitely not a "far and away the most dominant team" prior to Messi's arrival.

Declining Messi just won a Ballon D'or at age 34 after dominating La Liga as usual & Copa after 2019 whereas last time Ronaldo won it was 5 years ago and will probably never see the podium again. Tbh, the mental gymnastics in your post is something else..

Last edited:

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Ronaldo; what a man, what a winner; scoring 2 goals against a Top7 rival in the best league in the world.

Can you imagine current Messi doing that? I can't.
he scored against city, and still has more goals against the top 4 than Ronaldo does this season and Messi doesn’t even play in the epl

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It's crazy how people always think Barcelona is some random ass team playing a Mourinho type of park the bus football :lol:

Literally have been strolling the ball around the pitch at their own tempo for over a decade now.

Stroll, Pass, Stroll, Pass, Reposition, Stroll, Pass, Stroll, Pass, a bit of a jog, Stroll, Pass to Messi - & Messi does some magic at the end of it and everyone looses their absolute minds :eek:

(Never mind the poor competition of most of La Liga aswell - anyone feeling refreshed for the CL game?)

He is an absolute GOAT tier legend - but some of us could see that he would be significantly different if he played for another club never mind another league.

1. 1. Best of his career at Barcelona
    1. 2. Good but unreached expectations for Argentina
      1. 3. Looking like a different player at PSG

FattyFooty

IMO im sad to never have seen Messi in a more competitive league. I never doubt how good he was. But i just dont think he could do what Ronaldo has done.

In other words, if Ronaldo played at that Barca team they would maybe even have won more.

I really dont think Real would have done the 3 in a row if Ronaldo and Messi switched.

And now at this point, i really doubt Messi could have done what Ronaldo is doing here right now.

Ladron de redcafe

Well if you insisted you know exactly what they think and know all their priorities in the back of their mind, you must think yourself as a God and I am not going to argue further. You are just turning all these into your own conviction really.
I do, because I'm taking his own words, and therefore can exhibit a modicum of comprehension skills. If you don't, there's no need to bother, as you said.

Either way, like it or not, Ronaldo's most coveted record is going to be Messi's.

Ladron de redcafe

To be honest, I think that’s just a case of Ronaldo being more honest and outspoken on their rivalry. This has essentially drive him and pushed them to their edge to try to become better than the other.

Messi had recently admitted he has been missing his rivalry with Ronaldo, and regards highly on that. He has also been “boycotting” some of the ceremony he was not winning in the past too mind. He is just, more laid back as a character and being less outspoken in public.

Truth is, Ronaldo always wants to be the best player in the world, and apparently, Messi is his only rival there. Same goes for Messi too.
It isn't a question of honesty. It's a question of obsession, and his inferiority complex when it comes to the Balón D'or récord holder.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.

There is no bullshit scenario, Cristiano is obsessed with Messi, he even liked a Instagram post from a random scrub about Messi Balloon D'or.
What a cry baby,

He should have shown how furious he is against Serbia, instead of walking the pitch and doing nothing, but complain about Serbia scoring a late winner in Lisbon.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
There is no bullshit scenario, Cristiano is obsessed with Messi, he even liked a Instagram post from a random scrub about Messi Balloon D'or.
What a cry baby,

He should have shown how furious he is against Serbia, instead of walking the pitch and doing nothing, but complain about Serbia scoring a late winner in Lisbon.
I mean, he did, then the ref just called it off anyway.

Can't fight against bad decisions.

Ladron de redcafe

What a cry baby,

He was deplorably bad against Serbia, wasn't he? As you said, he should have shown his passion then.

Instead he's channeling all his energy to scrolling the internet and looking for anti-Messi posts to like and comment on.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It's Ronaldo's competitive nature and Ego that got him this far.

That's why I don't care about him liking a damn Instagram post - because he is the player that worked himself up from SL, to United, to Portugal national team, to RM, to Juventus and then back to United.

Ronaldo woke up at the bottom and worked himself right to the top.

Messi just happened to be born at the right place, at the right time and had all the work done for him.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I do, because I'm taking his own words, and therefore can exhibit a modicum of comprehension skills. If you don't, there's no need to bother, as you said.

Either way, like it or not, Ronaldo's most coveted record is going to be Messi's.
Well from what I notice here, you only choose to listen to the part he has said before which suit your own speculation. As someone has already mentioned, he has said many things about how content he was on winning CL or Euro too, and you just totally ignore those part as those doesn’t fit your agenda. Same goes for Messi.

Anyway, I don’t disagree he values Ballon D’or or Golden boot highly and those belong to Messi. But similarly, Messi does value CL and surely all time records highly too, and those belong to Ronaldo. That’s my whole point.

Status
Not open for further replies.