• Messi

• Ronaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
That's quite funny...excellent wum from Cassano. That said, he is widely known to be a gigantic bellend.
That may well be the case, but he’s not the bellend in this particular story.

Last edited:

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
People don't understand Messi was literally carrying Barcelona for past few years. 13 points behind Madrid and 7 points off of top 4. About to get knocked out of CL unless Benfica choke.

Pickle85

Um...he's the bellend in every story, to be honest. I'm not getting into it with you again...I get it, you support Messi as opposed to a club and as such hate Ronaldo. Enjoy that.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Um...he's the bellend in every story, to be honest. I'm not getting into it with you again...I get it, you support Messi as opposed to a club and as such hate Ronaldo. Enjoy that.
False, I support a club. Just not Man United so I don’t think that mediocrity is something to celebrate when you spend a billion. Sorry.

And forgive me for saying that Ronaldo should not be calling people up and telling them he’s scored 650 more goals than them. I guess you think that’s tip top behaviour though.

False, I support a club. Just not Man United so I don’t think that mediocrity is something to celebrate when you spend a billion. Sorry.
Yet you celebrated Messi at Barca last season, pure mediocrity of a club, and a club with a wage bill & spend that made everyone’s eyes water, in fact put the entire club of the brink of bankruptcy.
But how the club performs is a one way street it seems.

After 14 games last season, a club that overspent so much, and had THAT wage bill, had just 3 more points than United do this season after 14 games. Oh, and Messi started every single one of those 14 games.

Last edited:

Pickle85

And forgive me for saying that Ronaldo should not be calling people up and telling them he’s scored 650 more goals than them. I guess you think that’s tip top behaviour though.
Ugh can you please stop tagging me just to antagonise me? As I said, I get it, you support Messi. Your post history says it all. Also, why come to a United forum and shit talk United?

As far as Ronaldo's behaviour there goes...yep, he is extremely egotistical. That's not exactly news. Cassano did rather provoke him but they're both overgrown kids imo.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
I doubt Cassano is lying about this, and it does show Ronaldo's insecurity and ego, but it must be said, Cassano has been shit-talking Ronaldo since the moment he joined Juventus, what is his deal, exactly?

Its quite something to watch one of the most unprofessional players ever go after other players who took the sport far more seriously than he ever did.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Ugh can you please stop tagging me just to antagonise me? As I said, I get it, you support Messi. Your post history says it all. Also, why come to a United forum and shit talk United?

As far as Ronaldo's behaviour there goes...yep, he is extremely egotistical. That's not exactly news. Cassano did rather provoke him but they're both overgrown kids imo.
I’m not tagging you. I’m replying to your post just like you replied to mine. What are you talking about?!

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
I doubt Cassano is lying about this, and it does show Ronaldo's insecurity and ego, but it must be said, Cassano has been shit-talking Ronaldo since the moment he joined Juventus, what is his deal, exactly?

Its quite something to watch one of the most unprofessional players ever go other players who took the sport far more seriously than he ever did.
Its not out of the question that Cassano massaged the details somewhat. We know he likes attention. But it’s hard to believe he made the whole thing up.

Pickle85

I’m not tagging you. I’m replying to your post just like you replied to mine. What are you talking about?!
I replied to @Daysleeper - a post in which you weren't involved or tagged - yet still you felt the need to reply to me. See below. I'd agreed to leave the bickering out yet still you felt the need to jump back in unprovoked. Weird.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Man United over the last 10 transfer windows have spent more money than any club in Europe not named Man City. No trophy in four years, no league title in 10 years. What have Barca won in the last 4 years? Or the last 10 years?

Man United over the last 10 transfer windows have spent more money than any club in Europe not named Man City. No trophy in four years, no league title in 10 years. What have Barca won in the last 4 years? Or the last 10 years?
Can a mod just threadban this fella? What the feck does how shit we’ve been as a club have to do with this thread?
It’s just purely wumming looking for a raise.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
I replied to @Daysleeper - a post in which you weren't involved or tagged - yet still you felt the need to reply to me. See below. I'd agreed to leave the bickering out yet still you felt the need to jump back in unprovoked. Weird.
I’ve got no problem not replying to you, I don’t even know who you are. I respond to what is written, not the name or person.

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
People don't understand Messi was literally carrying Barcelona for past few years. 13 points behind Madrid and 7 points off of top 4. About to get knocked out of CL unless Benfica choke.
Yeah, but the whole system was geared around him to shine.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Can a mod just threadban this fella? What the feck does how shit we’ve been as a club have to do with this thread?
I’m responding to what you said. You were talking about Barca, I don’t know why you brought them up. Maybe a mod should threadban you for chasing me around and tagging me in the PSG thread when I was happy to leave well enough alone.

I’m responding to what you said. You were talking about Barca, I don’t know why you brought them up. Maybe a mod should threadban you for chasing me around and tagging me in the PSG thread when I was happy to leave well enough alone.
You’re not happy to leave anything alone.

It’s the Messi and Ronaldo thread right? Messi was at Barca during the period I mentioned no?

Ronaldo was nowhere near United in the bizarre post you posted about United being shit for 10 years, explain how that had anything to do with what is being discussed here?

It was a wum and nothing more.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

That's what Pele does all the time in public too, which is worst to be fair.

I guess thats what GOAT does, most of them are egotistic anyway, and tend to act abit childish whenever people are trying to downplay their achievements.

Mourinho does that all the time too, whenever some football critics are calling him out, he would say something along the line that the trophies he had won, while the critics have done feck all but pretend to they know football more than he does.

Last edited:

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
That's what Pele does all the time too, to be fair.

I guess thats what GOAT does, most of them are egotistic anyway, and tend to act abit childish whenever people are trying to downplay their achievements.
I‘m a big Pele fan but I will admit that he doesn’t cover himself in glory in this respect. It was particularly bad when the debate was mostly about him and Maradona.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
That's what Pele does all the time in public too, which is worst to be fair.

Mourinho does that all the time too, whenever some football critics are calling him out, he would say something along the line that the trophies he had won, while the critics have done feck all but pretend to they know football more than he does.
I think Mourinho and Ronaldo are similar in many ways actually, which is why it is ironic that they didn’t particularly get on when they worked together.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Absolutely quiet here again :D

I love it. I feel like a 4 year old kid running around you boys saying "I told you so" :drool:

A different player in a different league, a different player at a different club.

Against Lens, Nice, St Ettiene Bordeuex and others. Sure, no one is doubting his ability to score a single goal once in a while in Ligue 1 - but playing like he does for Barcelona with those inflated numbers, hattricks and doubles consistently in La Liga - not a chance.

Just as people say Barcelona needs Messi, Messi needs Barcelona to play with their style and tempo to do his thing - never mind the whole style La Liga opposition plays at suiting the on the floor players.

:keano:

Son

I love it. I feel like a 4 year old kid running around you boys saying "I told you so" :drool:

A different player in a different league, a different player at a different club.

Against Lens, Nice, St Ettiene Bordeuex and others. Sure, no one is doubting his ability to score a single goal once in a while in Ligue 1 - but playing like he does for Barcelona with those inflated numbers, hattricks and doubles consistently in La Liga - not a chance.

Just as people say Barcelona needs Messi, Messi needs Barcelona to play with their style and tempo to do his thing - never mind the whole style La Liga opposition plays at suiting the on the floor players.

Some of Messi’s goals no other player can dream of scoring. He’s the only player in the world who is capable of some things. Levels above any other IQ wise on the field and this has been the case for almost 20 years.

He is obviously waiting for the World Cup with Argentina so don’t expect him to bust a gut for PSG against Bordeaux. Nobody cares about those games. The World Cup and CL they do .

I think he’s slowed down after winning the Copa personally and that’s fine. That’s life and doesn’t take away from him at his peak been the greatest ever. In 2012 for example he was insanely good. We might never see a player like that again.

The Ronaldo we see now as much as I like him cannot be compared to peak Messi. The gulf in class is giant. Nothing like the same level despite his goals for us.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Some of Messi’s goals no other player can dream of scoring. He’s the only player in the world who is capable of some things. Levels above any other IQ wise on the field and this has been the case for almost 20 years.

He is obviously waiting for the World Cup with Argentina so don’t expect him to bust a gut for PSG against Bordeaux. Nobody cares about those games. The World Cup and CL they do .

I think he’s slowed down after winning the Copa personally and that’s fine. That’s life and doesn’t take away from him at his peak been the greatest ever. In 2012 for example he was insanely good. We might never see a player like that again.

The Ronaldo we see now as much as I like him cannot be compared to peak Messi. The gulf in class is giant. Nothing like the same level despite his goals for us.
The technique of Messi is amazing.
But it's not that anyone doubted Messi's technique - it's people doubted Messi's consistency of that technique outside of La Liga because even I would be more likely to score a goal once in my life when playing for Barcelona than when playing for Real Madrid for Jose Mourinho.

Even I'm more likely to score a wonder goal vs Getafe and their defensive technique than when playing against the defensive DNA of the italian league teams or English teams that Ronaldo played against WHILST PLAYING FOR a team in the same league.

Like FCUK Ronaldo's wonder goal against Roma when playing for United in his early years of his prime - what is more eye catching when Ronaldo retires is how he went to Italy in a time, age when players struggle (cough* Messi's excuse cough*) or retire and ripped that league a new hole even if the team wasn't the most successful.

It's always the same questions I ask - people are seeing this version of Messi at PSG.
This is bloody Ligue 1 with players like Neymar, Verrati, Marquinhos, Mbappe, Di Maria in your own team and yet people would think Messi would outperform Ronaldo in the PL when playing with players like Mctominay, Fred, Greenwood, Rashford and Sancho in a team being managed by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer- acting like Pochettino is worse than him.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.

Just so many wrongheaded statements here that I’m gonna be reminding you of come the end of the season. I literally cannot wait.:D

KeanoMagicHat

NasirTimothy is a good poster and no more wumming than anyone else here. Most of this thread is full of nonsense. Everyone just needs to chill out a bit.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
NasirTimothy is a good poster and no more wumming than anyone else here. Most of this thread is full of nonsense. Everyone just needs to chill out a bit.
Oh thanks. I can’t see what the guy wrote cos I’ve got him on ignore but cheers.

Ladron de redcafe

Why would he be thread banned? You can't seem to construct anything resembling a coherent rebuttal to anything he says and have done nothing but resort to calling him names and a wum and asking for him to be thread banned, when he's contributed much more to this thread than you have.

Ladron de redcafe

Just so many wrongheaded statements here that I’m gonna be reminding you of come the end of the season. I literally cannot wait.:D
Same thing happened last season and here are we are after the Balón D'or ceremony - and after a record extending 7th for Messi - with lots feeling daft about gloating last fall.

Pickle85

Why would he be thread banned? You can't seem to construct anything resembling a coherent rebuttal to anything he says and have done nothing but resort to calling him names and a wum and asking for him to be thread banned, when he's contributed much more to this thread than you have.
In quantitative terms - ie number of posts - that's absolutely true. In qualitative terms not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.